“Make sure you document all arrangements”
Review of Caribic House

and 1 more site!
Caribic House
Ranked #32 of 63 Hotels in Montego Bay
Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

I stayed in Caribic House for 1 night on 30th July even though I booked 2 nights on booking.com, we told the receptionist on arrival that we weren't sure if we were staying the 2 nights or just 1. She (Sabrina) confirmed that it was OK for us to stay for 1 night and pay for that night, and if we wanted to stay the 2nd night, we could pay on that day.
The next day, we left for breakfast and got greeted by another receptionist (Tanisha) who demanded a cancellation fee which was not mentioned before. Long story short, she demanded we were cancelling or reservation even though we had paid for 1 night already, and then all of the staff started lying and going back on their word, telling us conflicting information. The manager refused to see us, and eventually, they threatened us with the police if the bill wasn't settled. I requested the police definitely get involved as this was a complete injustice.
Eventually the police sided with us and agreed that Sabrina should've informed us of any vital information and didn't follow correct protocol

I will never stay there again, even though the property is clean and the rooms are big and the location is perfect, what a shame

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
6  Thank Lee7337

Reviewed 25 July 2014

Booked there to be close in to attend REGGAE SUMFEST WEEK ACTIVITIES... yes, they met my need of lowest possible floor room,but it was sooooo small and cramped-in feeling... The staff were very pleasant and helpful... very noisy locale...
Room had refrig, wi-fi, A/C... But it would have been a definite plus to have bottled water in refrig or at least on property... ice,no! forget that... How about a beach towel?
FREE PARKING WAS NOT TO BE FOUND...

Room Tip: Really can't say...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank CharchaB
Reviewed 13 May 2014 via mobile

Stayed for one night as we had an early flight the next morning. The hotel is certainly in need of some TLC-staff are not particularly friendly. The walls are very thin and we could hear people coming in and out late at night. There are a lot of hotels in Montego Bay to choose from, so keep looking!

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 March 2014

I had to go to Montego Bay, Jamaica for just a night, and was traveling with my wife. I wasn't too keen on spending a hundred bucks, and was looking for a budget location, which would be clean, close to the beach, market and other restaurants. Caribic house didn't disappoint me at all.
The room was pretty much as I imagined but it was clean. It had a LCD, an air-conditioner, and the basic stuff.
I booked it through booking.com, which advertised like 10% taxes, but the Caribic house folks didn't charge me that part, so that was nice.

The hotel was right by the beach, with Doctor's cave beach just a minute walk away.
Overall, if you're looking for something reasonable without any frills, this is the place to be. I'd recommend this totally to a budget traveler.

Room Tip: Take a top floor room since it has a good view of the ocean
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank traveljunkie_ash
Reviewed 24 December 2013

Mit Empfehlen von mein family and friends,i must say this small hotel is for any person small or large budget.overlooking the Doctor's cave beach and very comfortable,one can not eat there,but the room are big enough and has aircondition.

Room Tip: There are lots or restaurant in the near and upstairs rooms are awesome!
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
5  Thank BishopPatricia8048
Reviewed 18 December 2013

Montego Bay and the Hip Strip are notorious for jacked up prices for all the tourists. There are several big resorts in the area - which were beyond my budget - and lots of smaller hotels nearby. My friend and I found this hotel - while not the nicest I have ever stayed in - to be all that we needed to enjoy Montego Bay. The rooms are pretty basic and non-descript. Two twin beds, small refrigerator, chair, desk and that is all. Towels were provided for the shower which was small stand-up only shower. Basic walls, nothing fancy but not too bad.

The price of approx. $60 USD and being directly across the street from the free beach at Doctor's Cave is what makes this an excellent choice! Most of the beaches charge $12 per day and access to a free beach is perfect! On this beach is also free padddleboards, Wi-Fi and easy access to Bigg's BBQ restaurant where you can easy order food and drink all day. There is a roped off swimming area and dock. The snorkeling is excellent and the water absolutely beautiful ... all directly across the street. So worth staying in a lower quality place for all this!

There was a security guard there at all times and free Wi-fi available. I do, however, recommend locking up any valuables either in their safe - which I did not do because the front desk was closed at 7 pm - but certainly in your bags in your room. Although I didn't have any issues, you just never know...

All in all, cheap, easy place to stay directly in the middle of the Hip-Strip...all you have to do is walk nearby to anything you need.

Room Tip: You can pay about $10 more to go to a Superior room with beach views ...otherwise you face the back...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
4  Thank Stephanie021
Reviewed 26 August 2013

Enjoyed our stay there but beware... make sure to bring locks for your suitcases....bags that were not under lock and key were privy to whomever entered the room even after telling them we did not require housekeeping. Yes, SEVERAL items went missing including gifts brought for family in Jamaica.

• Stayed: July 2013