“Dive Seaworld was exactly what I was looking for!”

Cariblue Hotel and Scuba Resort
Ranked #54 of 64 Hotels in Montego Bay
Reviewed 1 April 2012

I absolutely loved my experience with Roy and Vincent! I went out on a discovery dive and the waters were beautiful! Roy picked me up at the hotel and showed me many of the sites on the way to his facility. After introducing me to Vincent, we were shortly on our way. The water was clear and he took me out on a beautiful reef! Saw some wonderful things and would not have changed a thing. Roy then took me back to the hotel. I had ZERO complaints with this company and will be contacting them on my next return to Montego Bay! Thanks so much Dive Seaworld!!!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Surbrook

Reviewed 15 February 2012

Recently we stayed at Cariblue Hotel.although not new ,is not a DUMP .If on a budget & need a reasonable place to stay one can go there. It is not all inclusive .Everything was clean T.V. etc worked .It is value for money .The room was big the view great.I must say Kudos to Mr Walkin and staff (I can be picky.)they were very accommodating.

Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank bloomthomas
Reviewed 11 August 2011

I'll start off simply by saying that Customs didn't even know about this establishment. In July I had to stay a week at Cariblue much to my chagrin. Dated rooms, with poor lighting, a pool that is not cleaned daily, faulty toilets, faulty televisions, No staff to clean rooms, old dingy comforters, and not even a community microwave to warm your food if need be. You're on your own here, and if you're looking for a getaway this isn't the place, you'll feel like you're not even on vacation. By all means give other neighboring hotels your time and attention, and do not stay here. I almost cried when we pulled into this place smh.

10  Thank DoctaPOPS
Reviewed 11 August 2011

for starters, to call this DUMP! a hotel,would be an extreme overstatement.i was in jamaica for a family reunion and cariblue was chosen for us to stay.it was hands down the worst experience of my life.roy watkins was there to greet us the first day of our stay, and he was never seen again.we were left with the receptionist and the 3 workers to deal with all the issues that were presented.we were only given one key for a room that was occupied by 4 people.we were not provided with basic necessities such as toilet paper,towels,hot water,or soap.the toilet in the room that i stayed in overflowed 3 times, and when i went to report the incident, i was told there were no workers, the receptionist came and threw a sheet down over the mess.it was not cleaned until the following morning.around day 2 i happened to flip the comforter over and discovered that it was all stained.i had to go to the main lobby and personally tell the receptionist to tell the housekeeping to not place that old,dirty comforter back on the bed.i went through 3 television sets before i was able to watch any form of television during my stay, and still the channels would show in black and white and were not clear at all.when we arrived, the pool was extremely dirty.it was in no conditions to swim in.the pool was not cleaned until the third day of our stay.cariblue is in no condition to take in any guest.this "hotel" is beyond run down and it seems like the last time it was maintained was 30 years ago.roy watkins is just a money hungry man and does not care about the needs of the guest.if you plan on visiting jamaica, DO NOT, i repeat, DO NOT stay at cariblue.it is a big disappointment.it is very true that you get what you pay for.this trip came out more expensive in the long run.if you have booked here already,i advise that you cancel and find other accommodations.

7  Thank Kyshia S
Reviewed 7 August 2011

I recently attended a family reunion and my jamaican family members had chosen this "hotel" as the accomodations for all others attending.All that was promised was never delivered.The owner Roy Watkins took advantage of the friendship and trust he had with my jamaican family,the hosts of our reunion.He took our deposits and attempted to "make nice" by refurbishing the rooms that were booked.No hot water,shoddy plumbing.very old curtains and drapes.it took the "handy help" three(3) days to clean the small swiming pool.No telephone/land line service in the rooms nor in the lobby's reception desk! For an establishment not to have direct telephone service at the reception should be a sign of the kind of "dump" we were scheduled for.The owner deceived us all completely.The rates per night he tried to charge were "criminal" for the deplorabe condition the entire "hotel" was in.A paradise deception indeed!

• Stayed: July 2011
3  Thank papifray
Reviewed 3 August 2011

Cariblue is an abandon dump. The manager Mr. Roy Watkins took advantage of the family frienship with him and promised so many things that he didnot fulfill. This place didn't have the bear amenities such as toilet tissue, hot water , clean linens and towels. Imagine going on vacation and having to buy a hot pot!!!!!!!!!!!! Unbelievable!!!!!!!!!!!!

2  Thank abuelo24
Reviewed 8 March 2011

I only used the dive center at Cariblue, I think PADI lists it as SEAWORLD. I did not stay here, but the owner, Roy Watkin did give me a tour of the place. What I saw was a very quaint, privatley owned, clean little hotel on a very picturesque stretch of ocean. I would consider staying here on my next visit to Mobay. Roy is in the process of remodeling the dining room. The pool is small, but right on the beach and more than adequate. New lounge chairs would be a definate plus as the ones there were not too comfortable. The hotel itself is small, but the rooms looked to be spacious and well maintained. NOTE - this is not a Sandals or a Marriott - if that is what you want and are expecting, book at the Marriott or at Sandals. This is a throwback to MoBay of old, before all the big chains took over. Ther eis a little pub next store that sells beer and and food and the world famous SCOTCHY's (out of this world jerk chicken) is about 2 blocks down the road and an easy walk. There are a few small shops int he vacinity of the hotel but it is mostly pretty secluded. As for the diving, it was very, very enjoyable. Captain Fox and Vincent, my divemaster were very attentive. I saw some comments about the boat being unsafe but I honestly did not get that impression at all. The only issue I had was Vincent spearfishing - kind of goes against the "take only pictures, leave only bubbles" PADI philosophy, but when you realize this is still a developing country and people do have to eat, I guess I can rationalize the spear fishing.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled solo