Doctors Cave Beach Hotel
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Secrets St. James Montego Bay(Montego Bay)(Great Value!)
US$609
Bookit.com
Sunscape Splash Montego Bay(Montego Bay)(Great Value!)
US$254
US$216
  • Breakfast included
Holiday Inn Resort Montego Bay(Montego Bay)(Great Value!)
US$244
US$217
  • Breakfast included
Royal Decameron Montego Beach(Montego Bay)(Great Value!)
US$198
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Secrets Wild Orchid Montego Bay(Montego Bay)(Great Value!)
US$623
  • Breakfast included
Hilton Rose Hall Resort & Spa(Rose Hall)(Great Value!)
US$415
US$322
  • Pool
Deja Resort(Montego Bay)(Great Value!)
US$210
US$191
Travelocity
Half Moon(Montego Bay)(Great Value!)
US$444
US$409
Travelocity
Sunscape Cove Montego Bay(Montego Bay)(Great Value!)
US$545
US$253
US$97
All reviewsdoctor's cavefree rum punchthe staff was friendly and helpfulenjoyable stayping pongkennybartenderjamaicanpoolside
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 24 August 2012

The Hip Strip is an active locale in MoBay but as far as a good hotel goes there... forget it. I needed to be centrally located. I've stayed in at least 7 in the past, some no longer in business. So based on the recent reviews of Gloucetershire, Montego Bay Club, El Greco, The Wexford I decided to give Doctor's Cave Beach another shot. Afterall, I was on my way home after 2 weeks in Negril and leaving the next day. I thought, hmmm can't be that bad. My days on this strip go back to the 80's when things were different and the hotels were better maintained. I had actually stayed at Doctors Cave several times Pros: Check in was smooth, front desk staff was pleasant enough, room and bathroom were clean. Cons: 1) Even though I was lucky to have a room on the front with a balcony facing the street; getting there was a long walk, hallway was dark. 2) old school, dated, air conditioning box -type unit in the wall that was struggling to put out air and it was hot as blazes. 2) they no longer have a restaurant, only offering some type of breakfast that I passed on. 3) the bar and pool area looked pretty cool but the bartender made me wait at least 15 mins, never came nor acknowledged my presence. He seemed to be busy with someone at the pool. Of course I left, then returned to the confines of my room where I sweated it out until daybreak. 4) Lastly, the price was outrageous. $157 including tax through Expedia.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank katnegril
Reviewed 9 August 2012

I recently Had The Pleasure of staying at The Doctor Cave Hotel in Mobay, and at first I was VERY Reluctant and was already thinking of the bad things before my vacation started , but i must say don't let Doctor Cave outer appearance fool you the outside may not have the looks of a five star hotel chain but on the inside the whole staff is five star quality from Shari in reservation who was my first contact with the property, to Roy at the front desk and Paul who is so helpful with everything, to housekeeping, the people in the lounge the lady at the pool area serving breakfast in the morning, i could go on and on doctor cave provide 5 star***** quality customer service and that's what is important to me

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank McphersonB
Reviewed 13 July 2012

If you have a room closer to the strip side, it will get noisy. Also, the room beside us got robbed, and we were on the far side of the hotel, away from the main entrance. The people just managed to unlock the door and take a bunch of wallets. Security is seriously lacking.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Adam W
Reviewed 18 April 2012

This hotel is not perfect (needs updating) but it had a very traditional Caribbean air to it. The colours were bright and cheery in the room (mine was yellow).

The hotel is located a 5 minute walk to the Doctor's beach which is lovely. Food places are all nearby. There is no need for taxi or a car, everything is walking distance that you will need. The hotel's breakfast of akee and salt fish is yummy!

And, best of all the hotel rate is reasonable.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank voyagerprof
Reviewed 23 March 2012

We stayed here 1 other time in 2011 after we stayed at sandals in whitehouse jamaica we extended r trip just so we could see the real jamaica as we felt trapped in the resort and when u stay in one of those places u see NOTHNG of jamaica, we had r driver take us here cause we didnt want inclusive either the food always bored us. And wanted to be right dab in tthe middle of strip and montego bay, so this was perfect !!
Its not a 5 star by all means or even a 4 but its clean and the staff are FABULOUS!!
The beds are not that comfortable but we made do!
The bar was perfect for laughs and great drinks made by bartender Kenny and let me tell u this guy is funny well known for his shot "lollipop" tell him Sonya recommended it :), but he will do anything to get any needs u may want, from ordering us a pizza and fresh fruit in the mornings, he was such a delight and give's class to this hotel !
Shari at the front desk was so nice and took care of r needs, anything u need they will do what they can to help you.
You are close to everthing and u can hang with locals as with us we never planned on staying in room much so for what we wanted it was perfect !
and besides its jamaica Mon have fun ,,enjoy the beauty