“Good value for the reasonable price!!!!”

Doctors Cave Beach Hotel
Ranked #37 of 63 Hotels in Montego Bay
Halifax, Canada
“Good value for the reasonable price!!!!”
Reviewed 3 December 2013

I was on my first ever trip to visit Jamaica alone, middle-aged woman from Canada. Having a small budget for my trip, I wanted a hotel in the centre of Montego Bay, with secure parking for my rental car, at an affordable price. I was fully satisfied with Doctors Cave Beach Hotel. The room was simple but clean and comfortable. Only downside was a noisy air conditioner which I had to shut off to get to sleep. Breakfast was toast, banana bread and coffee or tea. Additions of juice and a few hot items would be great. I felt totally safe and for the price I paid, I felt I got very good value. You should note it is on a busy street, not the beach. All staff were helpful and very pleasant and friendly. I would return if I visited Mo Bay again on the same budget!!

Room Tip: You may wish to listen to the volume of the air conditioner in your room - perhaps I just had an esp...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Managua, Nicaragua
Reviewed 19 November 2013

My girlfriend and I are returning April 2014 for our 3rd visit prior to going to my villa near Round Hill. We feel so at home. The staff remembered us on our second visit this past summer. Perhaps because we are from Nicaragua. Everyone is just plain nice at the hotel. Some have been there 30+ years. Of course it does not have all 'the frills'. I have been coming to Jamaican since 1992. Alway wonderful to return. The location is perfect for strolling around Montego Bay.

Nicaragua folks

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Miami Beach, Florida
Reviewed 4 September 2013

We loved staying on the old strip. Much more interesting than the resort area with all the all inclusives. Beautiful beach right across the street, but they do charge to get in. However if you go next door to the Twisted Kilt restaurant, they have a beach entrance that is free right next to it. Many restaurants and bars, and a beautiful beach. Not for the faint of heart or inexperienced traveler, as the locals will badger you to buy stuff. All you have to say is I am good Mon, however and they will leave you alone and are very pleasant folks. The hotel is plain, and no frills, but the price is right and the grounds are beautiful. A great way to do Montego bay on the cheap and see way more than in the resort area

Room Tip: Get a room with a balcony in the back away from the street. It has beautiful views of the gardens a...
Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Newark, New Jersey
Reviewed 4 September 2013

Hotel is convenient to beach and restaurants. Staff is friendly and accommodating. You are treated like family!! Prices are very reasonable. If you are looking for the excitement and prices of an all inclusive hotel don't come here..this hotel offers ambiance and the staff will arrange tours reservations shopping etc. that aren't offered at the hotel. The service is impeccable.

• Stayed March 2013
Santiago, Dominican Republic
Reviewed 13 August 2013

I was on business at Montego bay and was trying to get a good bang for my money booked the Doctors Cave and was not a bad option but you can see that the hotel has seen better days sometime during one day I felt that I was in a ghost hotel because the property is huge with many buildings but all of them empty. For what I paid I cant complain about the bed or the sheets it is not a Ritz Carlton and if you are picky go to an All Inclusive.

The room that I got has a horrible sound with the AC but latter it fixes and then all was fine also they offer free breakfast, not a big deal just coffee or tea and bread with jelly and they have a nice pool to swim on the evenings is a modest place but for sure you are going to be safe there.

It is on Hip Strip, the place to see and be seen of Montego Bay close to the Indian Market that it is a mini-market good to buy chips, pastries and drinks also walking distance to Margaritaville, Burger King and the Pelican (a cafe). The beach is across the street but is after a gate and you need to pay an small fee to use or to cross the bathing club.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank beachguy
Reviewed 18 July 2013

I recently stayed at doctors cave with my mom dad and sister. The price point was great. The front desk was polite helpful and efficient. Everyone we passed in the hotel was friendly both staff and fellow guests. The hotel was clean the rooms were clean and the patio was nice. The pool area was nice and special mention about the bar and in particular the bartender, he was fantastic very friendly and accommodating he really took great care of us. We all had a fantastic time and can't wait to return next year.

• Stayed July 2013
3 Thank swlisa79
Paterson, New Jersey
Reviewed 17 July 2013

Definitely one of the older hotels in the area. The rooms need renovating. My bed was very uncomfortable, but the up side is that its right on the famous Hip Strip. Your walking distance to the beach, Aquasol theme park, margaritaville, restaurants, and gaming lounges. So if you don't care where you sleep this is perfect.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family