“The worst!”

Ranked #39 of 63 Hotels in Montego Bay
Lauderhill, Florida
“The worst!”
Reviewed 17 January 2014

Doctors cave is the worst place ever the place is filthy an the service is very poor, I went there on the 6th of January and because the place was dirty,doors were shaky,the air condition was old and broken,cob webs decked the walls I could go on for days, I requested a refunded and I'm still waiting on the refund today the 17th of January! When I called all the managers there knew nothing the so called general manager Ted Simpson knew nothing after I had been calling for days and repeated ignored my calls, when I did speak to himit was completely pointless he had nothing to say and acted as if he couldn't fix the problem when. They should of returned my money! I can tell you this they will never get my money or he money of anybody I know

• Stayed January 2014
2 Thank Sloanewuku

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Reviewed 12 January 2014

They charged extra for more than two people in a room although we book with them knowing the number. It was an extra $30 a person charge, other than that it was OK not bad not great. The bar was great

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends

Travellers are raving about these Montego Bay hotels

Oakland, California
Reviewed 5 January 2014

years ago, this was the place to stay in Montego Bay. No more! it's shabby, the staff is mostly surly, you have to pay to use the beach… It's a pity to see a once special boutique hotel turn into a place you cannot wait to leave. We would not go back, and neither would another guest we met who was also shocked at the decline of the place.

Room Tip: don't stay there
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 January 2014 via mobile

Located on the hip strip close to beaches and restaurants. Rooms are very basic with no internet access - WIFI only available in the lobby. No iron nor iron board was in the room, no kettle for hot water. I've only available from the bar. Pool uninviting - could do with a paint job, luckily good beaches are close by.

• Stayed December 2013
Kingston, Jamaica
Reviewed 30 December 2013

Stayed with my family for 7 nights for Christmas break. Room was small but clean, however, the shower didn't work properly. We did not get hot water for two mornings in a row. After we complained the first time, the staff told us that they would 'restart' the boiler. The TV remote broke 3 times and on the last night, the TV stopped working altogether!
The hip strip isnt what it used to be, a lot of the bars had adult only nights so there was little to no entertainment on the strip or inside the hotel for families. If you have young children, its best to stay at an all inclusive. As this was a last minute trip, we decided to stay there as it was within our budget.
The staff are very friendly and were very kind to my children. We enjoyed the gardens and slept well, even though the A/C unit was very old and noisy, I had to stand on a chair to turn it off as it was not remote controlled. We were given a room at the back of the hotel so we did not hear any street noise. Parking there, however, is awful. The car park holds about 6 cars total and we had to fight to get a parking space. On the last night, we had to plead with the front desk to ask the manager to move his car for us to park as we didn't have a permit to park on the street and would of gotten clamped and towed.
The bartender seemed bored with his job and was a little short when I asked him to make chocolate milkshakes for my children, which he made with ice and milk instead of ice-cream so they did not taste very nice.
The hotel isn't related to the Beach Club, so you have to pay to enter that beach but we found it over crowded and expensive so we went to Cornwall Beach which is a 2 sec walk in the other direction, much cheaper a lot cleaner and better.
The location is excellent, within walking distance of all shops. If you have a car, go for a drive into the town centre and you will find other fast food restaurants if you are sick of Burger King or paying a lot at the restaurants.
The manager was extremely friendly and nice and made our stay comfortable.

I would go back alone for a stop over but not for a long holiday.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the back of the hotel. Rooms there are quieter.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Munich, Germany
Reviewed 29 December 2013

Rooms are clean
friendly staff
small breakfast included (toast, butter, cheese, jam)
Dr. Cave Beach is not so far (entrance 3-5$)
ambiance wouldn't be enough, that I would like to stay longer than 1-3 nights - not "best hotel ever"

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed 8 December 2013

I'm not big on spending money on expensive hotels. If you're looking for a resort, this is not for you. If you're looking for a place to sleep and go do things away from the hotel, it's great. The hotel was quiet, bar was dead, and the staff was fine. The only things I should note, "free breakfast" is toast and coffee, nothing else. Also, Do not use the hotel's "authorized driver" that the hotel staff recommends. He tried to charge me 40$ to drive down the street. Use a red license plate taxi while visiting Montego and always bargain the price. Bathroom and room was clean. TV, furniture and room was outdated from the 90's, but again clean. There is only WiFi in the lobby. Bar is open until 10PM. The shops nearby are very expensive for food, and trinkets. Staff is friendly and offered advice all the time. The pool is very small, but if you're in Jamaica, go to the beach. There is two beaches you pay to get into. There is two public beaches farther walk away. There is a few restaurants a short walk or cab drive away. If you take a cab from the airport it shouldn't cost more than 10$

Room Tip: There is two kinds, pool side or garden... dont waste money on the pool side, it faces the street an...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends