“The WORST place I've EVER been in my life !!!!!!!”

Montego Bay Club Resort
Ranked #42 of 63 Hotels in Montego Bay
Reviewed 22 July 2007

Myself my fiance and a good friend went to stay there for the duration of SUMFEST in Monteogo Bay. I should have known something was wrong when we saw the deplorable condition of the check in area which was nothing more than a little booth adjoining a "lobby" area. The piece of old board attached to the room door should have been our second clue. On entering the room, I thought I was in a terrible dream...it was DISGUSTING!!! We were afraid to enter because we thought we might pick up some horrible infection from the 100 year old asbestos filled air conditioner, the moldy bedspread, the filthy bathroom or rickety stained old chairs. I honestly could not believe my eyes. It was the worst room I had ever laid eyes on in my life. My fiance laughed uncontrollably and I believe that he thought we were on an episode of PUNKED. Unfortunately we were not. My advice to everyone....RUN FAST if you are anywhere in the vicinity of this "resort". DO NOT STAY THERE!!! You might pick up some fungal or bacterial infection.

Stayed: July 2007
9  Thank mbcr

Reviewed 9 July 2007

I went to JA, to teach for 6 weeks at JFLL aka JAMAL. The staff was friendly and helpful. The store downstairs was great, the staff was friendly. The people who live there were great. Everyone made me feel welcome and safe!! Beautiful when it rains-great view of the ocean and the hip strip. The rooms were clean. Th kitchens are a bit small but functional. The laundry was very expensive. The Montego Bay club is locatd right on the Hip Strip-2 minute walk to an internet Cafe, right across the street from Doctors cave beach/.the Groovy Grouper. 5 Minut walk to the public beach in either direction-5 minuts from Margaritaville, Coral cliff, Burger king and I must reccomend the Jamaican Bobsled cafe, try the Calypso Burger and of course Tony's Pizza!! The Montego Bay Club is about 5 minutes from the airport, aprox $10us or 500J and has access to the Top and Bottom road! It is a short 10-15 min taxi ride into downtown or a nice 30 minute walk. The Montego Bay Club Resort made my stay more enjoyable!! I cannot wait to go back-Jamaica is now my home away from home!!

• Stayed: April 2007, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4  Thank littlemottou
Reviewed 12 January 2007

This is not a hotel. I rented a suite from an owner and absolutely enjoyed the experience. The room is across from the beach, the on premise pool is small but comfortable, the food is adequate. Conveniently located and accessible by cab. Good for a couple or a single person.
Staff is friendly and helpful. I am going back in April. Well worth the $.

• Stayed: December 2006, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
5  Thank morena5561
Reviewed 4 November 2006

We have stayed at the MoBay Club many times starting in 1995 and the last time in 2006.

The place seems to be getting a lot of bad reviews as a hotel. I'm not surprised at that because it is NOT a hotel. It is a high rise condominium with all the suits privately owned. The ladies who rent out the suites are not hotel managers, they are agents renting out other peoples' suites.

If you are looking for luxury accommodatrions with pampering service don't go there.

If you are looking for reasonable prices, daily maid service, a great view from the balconies and you want to do your own cooking, this is a great place.

We start and finish our Jamaica adventures at the MoBay Club every year and we will be back in February 2007.

• Stayed: February 2006, travelled with friends
9  Thank Nat_Hrynuik
A TripAdvisor Member
Toronto
Reviewed 24 May 2006

My first vistit to the Montego Bay Club Resort Hotel was during the summer of 97; it was a casual retreat --nothing fancy. And as anyone would expect, all of the necessary amenities were in working order.

Sadly, the hotel ,and its upkeep, have deteriorated significantly over the past few years. And i'm not talking about a few leaky faucets here. I encounterd broken elevators, clogged up toilets, couches and linen that smell worse than a sour locker room at the gym -- It was a complete dump.

Take my advice and go elsewhere, unless you really enjoy slumming it.

• Stayed: July 2005
10  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 2 August 2005

We took one look at the room and had to get our money back!! What a disaster. Beware of any positive reviews.
We actualluy met the manager of the hotel who asked us to refer friends who don't mind "slumming it". So if you're one of those people go right ahead. Otherwise find another place.
We ended up at Doctor's Cave Hotel, which was paradise in comparison!
This placed should be demolised, it's an eye sore from the outside and a nightmare inside!

• Stayed: July 2005
3  Thank 1Che
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 22 April 2005

I stayed at the Montego Bay Club Resort Hotel in March 2005. What a disaster! I was given a room on the 15th (top) floor, which was shabby and smelt like a British railway lavatory. The kitchen utensils were few, inappropriate and so grubby I just couldn’t face eating off them. The noise at night was just crazy. First of all, the air conditioning was so loud it was like sleeping in a boiler room with your head right up against the boiler. Directly above me, on the roof, were machines that made a drilling sound all night. Then there was the din from outside (poolside entertainment (sound system) coming from the hotel in front until late, plus the usual road noise). All of this, along with the overwhelming nauseous smell of the room, meant that I spent the worst night ever in a hotel. I moved out next day into the adjacent El Greco Hotel. Now this was more like it! Cosy, clean, and peaceful with everything you expect a hotel to provide you with. What a haven compared to the nightmare across the way. Travellers beware. I chose Montego Bay Club Resort because the reviews were good and it seemed like good value for money. Take my advice. Pay a few extra dollars and choose the El Greco (ask for D block which has everything you’ll need - including silence all night long).

• Stayed: March 2005