“My family & I enjoy our vacation stay... We well be back next summer w/ friends”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Relax Resort

Relax Resort
Ranked #42 of 61 Hotels in Montego Bay
Port Saint Lucie, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2011

We had a great time at relax... The staff was great & very friendly.. they had all the information we needed to go out on the town & have a ball.. If we needed to go somewhere the driver was on time if not ready before us which was good. The breakfast, lunch & dinner was excellent... We came back to the states & we had tons of picture plus information for friends & family who wanted to vist..
Thanks Relax we will be back next summer..

Room Tip: Just let them know what you are looking for
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Dj S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Stratford, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2011

This resort is trying to restore a good reputation, we were happy to be there. The pool was great and the food was good too. I found the staff to be very polite and helpful. I would suggest that dead bolts be added to the room doors. There were quite a few stairs but also a nice ramp as an alternative. Almost everything is on a hillside in jamaica. The view of the ocean and area was fine. the airport is about a 5 minute drive and shuttle service was good. It takes about 45minutes or so to walk down town . The food served to us was very good. There are open beaches near by.

Room Tip: Take your own shampoo, soap is provided.
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank okbjt
Bronx, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2011

First I must commend the staffs including the front dest workers, the staffs are the only good thing about this hotel they are friendly, helpful and very hardworkers.
We booked a one bedroom apt so we could have the use of the kitchen, big mistake!!! the stove was like my 5 yr old toy stove it was so small and dirty and on top of that it didnt wrk we had to call front desk, no untensils, no pots, nothing, we had to call the front desk, The AC stopped working we had to call the front desk, the breaker keep chipping out at nights couldn't call the front desk nobody at the desk after 11PM. Someone stated in a review that they give the better rooms to caucasians i agree 100% i saw the inside of other rooms while there and they were much better equipped than what we got, keep in mind we reserved our 1bedrm apt at least 6 wks in advance. The hotel is mosquito and lizard infested we couldn't sit out on the balcony at nights because every night the same lizard was there. On the last night of our stay the breaker chipped out again...it was about 1 AM front desk was closed only person was there was the security my husband went to the security who called the owners after talking to them on the phone for awhile he then handed the phone to my husband, the owner lady told my husband...Genleman..I am in my nightgown i am in bed there is nothing I can do right now.
Relax resort could be very relaxing if the owners would put more interest in the rooms to make guest more comfortable instead of the grounds. Didnt use pool they say the place was for family but the pool starts at 5ft, ohhhhh there is a gym that has been under renovation for the past 2 yrs they tell every guest its under renovaion but we get to understand that they have been telling guests this for the past 2 yrs. Too much of my vacation time was used up callingthe front desk.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank notagain072
Relaxeljay, General Manager at Relax Resort, responded to this review, 15 August 2011
Thank you for your comments, it will certainly give us an opportunity to look objectively at what you are telling us. I want to assure you that our business model does not have any stipulation about ethnicity and we categorically deny any such allegation. We must emphasize that we assign rooms based on rate category and unit type as specified by our client. We have four such categories that is superior,studio,one bedroom apartment and two bedroom apartment. We have a schedule fogging program to reduce the mosquito population as much as possible, being in a tropical country we cannot escape this reality. We have many plants and trees that makes up our gardens on property; as such these are a natural habitat for lizards that are very harmless and feeds on insects. Our pool rules indicate clear conditions for using the pool. We are currently not offering the gym as part of the hotel facility and while I cant speak for what was mentioned in the past two years as this property was under a different management as the owners have only taken over the operation in April of this year.Once again we thank you for commenting and we do value these comments.
Miami, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2011

While the staff, for the most part, was accommodating, the accommodation left much to be desired.

Firstly, I was "asked" to "stay" on one side of the building as this was the preference of management to have all guests be on one side of the property to conserve electricity.

Secondly, there was no bath mat or grip within the tub, which resulted in me slipping and hitting my shin and forehead.

Thirdly, my friend was traumatized in the wee hours of the morning as someone jiggled the door handle then lightly knocked then proceeded to try to open her room door. They succeeded in opening the room door but fortunately she had locked the latch from the inside. This was reported to the front desk and to date the management has not addressed the issue with her.

The good points about this resort are:
1) The staff was very pleasant and courteous
2) The meals were very good and the chef was very pleasant
3) There was a fridge stocked with water and juice
4) There was cable and a flat screen television (not in every room)
5) There was consistent hot water
6) The pool was enjoyable

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank Nancy34438
Bloomfield, Connecticut
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2010

Relax Resort still gets my vote for the best place to stay for a quick business trip to the Island and yes to relax too! Being near to the airport is a plus! Having shuttle service without attitude is a delight! When there's a break in one's itinerary Doctor's Cave Beach welcomes you back within to minutes of the Resort!

What business isn't challenged in this economy? Especially if there's a change in ownership. Is that an excuse? No! We all can agree that airing management issues
in front of guest isn't good for business. Nor the lack of basic amenities could be addressed early on in order for guest to make other arrangements should they choose.

So lets continue to support the local boutique hotels on the Island. They can't grow without our business. In return one gets to relax...

• Stayed June 2010, travelled on business
up-state newyork
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2010

my trip to the relax resort was not what i expected,i observed the resort very carefully the best i could,i even called there and talk to adam and told him what type of accomedations i needed their was no problem what so ever until all hell broke out the minute i arrive there i was under the doctors care at this time and all i wanted was rest and relaxation but oh no! i got 3 or 4 flights of stairs to climb no air condition for 3days remind you i paid in advance for 20 days no water i was soak with suds and the water shut right off in the middle of my showering,can you admagine that.they finnally move me on the second floor but i had no tv for 4days lucky i had a dvd player with me i had to boil water when i did have some just to make ice everyday,they had no ice machine there,this resort truly needs a whole new makeover with the maintence problems they accomilated housekeeping was not up to parr with their responsibilities.staff there are very nice and tryed to do the best they could to keep the guest satisfy but most of the problems were out of there hands alot of to do with the old owners and the new owners that took over this resort . was not able to settle their differences and to let their guest have to be in the middle of disagreements that the two of them have with one another,instead of letting guest know up front that they are having a lot of difficulties and will not be able to honer their agreement on their original accomidations and guest would of made other arrangements i was more aggravated and discussed and dissappointed with the service that i didn't get or deserved not to have i might as well stayed home other than that my stay there was not a relaxed one the name does not speak for itsself don't get me wrong the grounds there are very impressive and beautiful they would have to convince me they made major changes to there establishment in order for me to ever stay there again.i met some very nice guest there and there stay was just as bad as mine.please somebody needs to help them recover from this situation to have a reputation this bad and no-other than your own guest has to conplain on the pc and other travelers who don't need problems of this sort i'll just pray that they don't keep taking advantage of travelers thats hoping to have arelaxed stay and they donot get what they pay for and thats not fair to none of us so please don't go there. only if you don't need the regular assessories like water,conditioning,wash cloths,lights,and lets not forget television i'm so upset with my stay there, i will no better the next time travelers watch out!!!!!!!!

• Stayed July 2010, travelled solo
2 Thank redUp_stateNewyork

Travellers are raving about these Montego Bay hotels

Yanceyville
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2010

Upon arrival I was told myconfirmed reservation would not be honored - even though the money was paid 5 months in advance. I was met with" sorry but we can give you a room because the travel agent has not paid us properly". After a 4 hour wait and death ears from the hotel staff (who wouldn't freely assist me in making another hotel reservation --at $5.00 US per local call), I was finally given a room because "Adam" one of the"kind" hotel personnel made efforts to resolve the problem while I sat in the hot lobby without even an offer o fdrink of cold water. We seemed to loss electrical power (for usually 4 hours) several of my days stay of 8 nites. Ice was almost non-existent and for a couple of days and for 3 days I was without room service (cleaning and towels and the like). And the TV in the room was antiquated -- no TV for 3 nites even though I was told "soon come". The beach shuttle service left us at beach one day and though we tried, our phone call to the hotel to inquire of the whereabouts of the bus was not answered. The next day the beach shuttle was over an hour late without even an apology.
The staff were nice people but helpless because of the pitiful state of the property that seems to be for financial reasons. Outside pool there, but I never saw anyone in it-- I did not use either.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled solo