“Geico's and coachroaches greet you at this hotel”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Relax Resort

Relax Resort
Ranked #42 of 61 Hotels in Montego Bay
Oakville, Canada
“Geico's and coachroaches greet you at this hotel”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2013

It was just our luck that we had to end our vacation at this resort. We were supposed to fly back home on Friday February 8th. Unfortuately Eastern U.S was hit with a snow storm and caused a massive delay to all flights out. West Jet had to find accomodations for over 100 couples and families and this was the hotel that they shipped us off to at 1;00 a.m. The place upon first appearance looks like a quaint, moderate hotel.The front desk staff are very well organized and pleasant. We were assigned to a 3rd floor room. It was deemed a suite, this was because it had a counter with a coleman like stove, a bar sink and a small undercounter fridge sitting in the middle of the room. We entered the room to find the TV audio on full blast on the only TV station available. The room had air conditioning but the noise of the unit was so loud we had to turn it off. The room was really dated, the king size bed had one sheet on it that covered half the matress, the bathroom had only one light bulb out of three working, which was probably a good thing, because every time we turned on the lights the coachroaches scurried to find a secure dark space. The wall over our bed had two geico's running above it, needless to say, I wanted my husband to try and find us other accomodations that night so we didn't have to stay at this hell hole. As it was really late, he convinced me to drink a few beers and we slept on the lounge chairs beside the little pool they had. I snapped a bunch of pictures to share with my family and friends once we got home to show them what we had to endure. the funny thing is the pictures of the place didn't look that bad. So my advice is don't be fooled by the website pictures as they are almost the same pictures I took of the place and it doesn't look that bad on the web, but it's not the reality. If you are on a budget stay at the Sunset All inclusive, it is a much better choice. I would give this place a 1/2 star rating.

Room Tip: No room is good at this place
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Tamara F

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Geneva
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 November 2012

Friendly and helpful staff but the rooms could do with a bit of TLC.
The fact that the place was practically empty didn't help since breakfast choice were very limited and bar closed.
However conveniant for the aiport and not much noise from it so makes it a quieter location then downtown.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Castaway007
San Francisco, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2012

Booked the hotel through my travel agent because the pics of the property looked nice enough and they advertised on their website that their rooms had blackout curtains. This is important to me because its the setting that I prefer to write in. However, when I got to the room, I was greeted by beautiful and bright sunshine coming through my window (not a complaint), however, the accompanying heat was like I was still standing outside. It seems they're so cheap at this resort that they didn't consider that I might have wanted my air conditioning turned on before I got to the room. You would think I hadn't confirmed my reservation before getting there. The blackout curtains to help alleviate this heat were nowhere to be seen. I called the front desk and I told the agent that the main reason I booked this place is because blackout curtains for the rooms was advertised on their website and if she couldn't find me a room that had them, I would be leaving. She put me on hold for about two minutes only to come back and tell me they had no such feature in any of their rooms. Needless to say, I left. What upset me was how removed the manager was from the situation when I got back to the front desk. No apology, no remorse evident, no offering to find another solution. NOTHING. She was just standing there. Its as if they really don't need the business. I wouldn't recommend this place to anyone. Guest relations and satisfaction doesn't seem to be their first priority and judging from some of the other reviews I've read, the only thing they have going for them are their employees.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Abbie422

Travellers are raving about these Montego Bay hotels

Kingston, Jamaica
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2012

Stayed there back in December 2011 when some friends of ours were getting married, and it was really good. It was better than we expected and we are right now planning another stay there in the next few weeks. Price is perfect!

Room Tip: If you get a room upstairs, then you will get a view of the entire city both day and night!
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank Patrick M
Montego Bay
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 February 2012

I must say I have been to relax resort and it was an amazing experience for me and my family. It catered to our needs-peace and quiteness. This resort is perfect for people who wants to get away from a noisy environment. I was surrounded by nature to its fullest. Though the beach was not very close by, there is a pool at my family's advantage. Also, the resort provided shuttle services to the beaches close by. The staff there were extremely courteous and warm. Always ready to attend to our requests. The food was very appetizing especially their Jamaican breakfast. All in all I would definately go back and will definately reurn to Relax Resort. It was really a relaxing resort.

Room Tip: For a family setting room C208-C210 is a good choice
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Jodi-Ann P
Birmingham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 January 2012

The Relax Resort played host to my daughter and I over the Christmas week following a very hectic 8 days of travelling the small and beautiful Island of Jamaica. The Knufford and South Coast Express provided reliable, clean and safe travel across the Island with customer service second to none.
The Relax Resort is a quite hotel about 10 minutes’ drive from Sangster International Airport in Montego Bay. The living accommodation is well presented behind lush gardens full of vibrant colours from a range of tropical plants and palms. Rooms are spacious and well laid out, as are the ensuite bathrooms. Early mornings begin with the sound of several on-site birds and a full view of the sea from all bedroom balconies the inclusive cooked Jamaican breakfast is full spread to die for. Relax Resort is not a beachside hotel but the hotel provides a prompt FREE service twice a day to a number of beaches including the famous Doctor’s Cave. It felt a very safe secure environment, with attentive staff and we really enjoyed our stay, so we’re keeping it on our list of hotels, with high recommendation to friends and family.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank Robyn A
Hamilton, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 January 2012

Rooms were clean, staff friendly, and the grounds of the property were very nice! It is conveniently located near the airport and there is a free scheduled shuttle to the airport (though you could actually walk to airport during the day if you're travelling without much luggage) , and they have free shuttles to doctor's cove beach/hip strip area as well. I liked the view of the water and the airport. By the way, the nearby landing/taking off of planes was not disturbing because you are about 1 km from airport, and if the air conditioner is on, you don't notice them at all. A friendly, nice place to stay (not right in the hip strip area, but that can be a plus if you want a more relaxing experience).

Room Tip: view of garden and water is nice
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled solo