“Honeymoon”
Review of Relax Resort

Relax Resort
Ranked #42 of 63 Hotels in Montego Bay
Reviewed 15 August 2013

We stayed there for our last 2 days of our honeymoon after traveling around jamaika and staying in various hotels and resorts and I have to say we were plasently surprised!
After staying the 4 days before we went there at the gran Bahia at run away bay,where we felt very comfortable,we where close to cancel the trip to Montego Bay,we are so glad we didn't!
This can't be compared to an all exclusive luxury resort,off course,but anyway there is no need to do so!
It's not an fancy hotel,no this one gets his speciality in the outstanding friendly stuff!-they made us feel like we are special guests at theire home and they took care of us in such a special,friendly way!
Everything was very clean,even you can notice that it isn't a new hotel,but that can have it charme too!
When we arrived our room was decorated with fresh flowers everywhere and every detail was taken care off in such an nice way,so we felt relaxed from the first second on we arrived!
For sure it is a special place to go,when you are in Jamaica,this might have been the place,where we felt the most,that we are in Jamaica,and I mean this in absolute positiv way!
Would we go back?-we already made a note,that when going back to the beautiful Jamaica,we have to stay for me than just 2 days there!

Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Erictraver

Reviewed 9 August 2013

We stayed at Relax Resort as a transfer hotel from Ocho Rios to the airport. We arrived and left in the dark, and I'm glad. The room was clean, but very old. Old curtains, the curtain in the bathroom was down when we arrived. There was no blanket on the beds only a spread that looked 20 years old and a sheet. The beds were small and the room very small. I was worried all night, and woke up in the middle of the night with a sore throat. I would use it to transfer if you needed to be at the airport at 5am like we did, but I would never spend a vacation there.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank tracey1368
Reviewed 5 August 2013

I stay 2 nights 3 days, and I was relax. The staff was friendly and welcoming. Had a good view,only draw back too close to airport, but not too close to be disturbed. Need to include real breakfast,I have stay at hotel cheaper and real breakfast was included, not just toast and coffee.

Room Tip: Room 309-312
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 April 2013

I checked into Relax Resort for 6 nights at short notice after checking out of another horrible hotel. Although I was accommodated, it became clear after i checked out that the price I was charged by the female front desk staff was at the top end without any discussions. I had guess visiting me which seem to be a problem to the manager of the hotel, he summons me to the office and almost reprimanded me for not signing in my guest. There was an assumption on the managers part that i knew about the policy of signing guest and that I was deliberately ignoring policy. The managers tone and mannerism was absolutely horrible.

The hotel rooms where like self contained apartments with, a kitchen area, microwave and a mini fridge. Other than the mannerism in which the manager spoke to me, the roaches (pest) the only other problem.

The hotels location is 3 mins away from the airport on a hill with a clear view of the hotel run way, its location does not affect sleeping. Local taxi from town will take you back to the hotel should you go shopping, site seeing, the hip strip or any other business away from the hotel. Free parking and Wifi is essential for me, both were available.

i have to acknowledge the male front desk staff (forgotten his name) who was very understanding when making my reservation, he made every effort to ensure that my stay was a great one. He mostly work evenings Jamaican time, he will do what ever it takes to ensure you are looked after.

I would go back there purely based on the location, privacy, the tranquility and the front desk staff, I did not use the pool, or other services as i was not really in the hotel.

Room Tip: Older AC's are not that good, compare prices with kitchen area and rooms with non kitchen area
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Bobzta-Bobby
Reviewed 23 February 2013

We were to fly home on Feb.16 and our flight was cancelled so West Jet announced they were putting us in 5 star resorts and we would be taken care of and given food and drinks. Many went to a 5 star resort but about 30 of us ended up at this scuzzy hotel.
I wanted to cry. The room was filthy. The toilet seat had pubic hair and slimy stuff on the toilet seat. The tub was moldy and rusty, shower curtain moldy, toilet bowl was filthy! Windows were broke and screens ripped and bars on the windows. One station for t.v and it hummed and jumped up down (picture) impossible to watch. No bottled water in the rooms. One sheet on bed with dirty and bloody stained bedspread and pillows from a couch with pillow case on for pillow. We were not given food or water until 11:45pm and arrived around 8:30pm. Chicken dinner was just ok. and the breakfast was not good and no choice offered. My husband turned hot water on and there was none, no blow dryer or boxes of kleenex. The bed was in very bad shape. I slept in my clothes on top of bed with no bedspread and didn't open my suitcases afraid something would crawl in them. We took a cab to the airport in morning as I couldn't stand being there anymore and didn't want to wait for our bus at 1 pm. to go to airport. I would have rathered stay at the airport over night at least there was cleaner conditions. The room smelled of mold and mildew. The hotel was hosting a Jamaican wedding and this was the managers reasoning for us not get any food or drinks until late that night. I was told when I called the front desk saying I was thirsty that there was a bar and I could go buy a drink. When I told her West Jet said we were going to a 5 star all inclusive resort she said take it up with West Jet and hung up on me. The kitchen staff were friendly and apologized for the delays and the grounds were very pretty, those were the only positives of this place. Also looked like it was on the beaten path in a not so good area. I didn't feel very comfortable or safe there.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank 6roses18
Reviewed 15 February 2013

It was just our luck that we had to end our vacation at this resort. We were supposed to fly back home on Friday February 8th. Unfortuately Eastern U.S was hit with a snow storm and caused a massive delay to all flights out. West Jet had to find accomodations for over 100 couples and families and this was the hotel that they shipped us off to at 1;00 a.m. The place upon first appearance looks like a quaint, moderate hotel.The front desk staff are very well organized and pleasant. We were assigned to a 3rd floor room. It was deemed a suite, this was because it had a counter with a coleman like stove, a bar sink and a small undercounter fridge sitting in the middle of the room. We entered the room to find the TV audio on full blast on the only TV station available. The room had air conditioning but the noise of the unit was so loud we had to turn it off. The room was really dated, the king size bed had one sheet on it that covered half the matress, the bathroom had only one light bulb out of three working, which was probably a good thing, because every time we turned on the lights the coachroaches scurried to find a secure dark space. The wall over our bed had two geico's running above it, needless to say, I wanted my husband to try and find us other accomodations that night so we didn't have to stay at this hell hole. As it was really late, he convinced me to drink a few beers and we slept on the lounge chairs beside the little pool they had. I snapped a bunch of pictures to share with my family and friends once we got home to show them what we had to endure. the funny thing is the pictures of the place didn't look that bad. So my advice is don't be fooled by the website pictures as they are almost the same pictures I took of the place and it doesn't look that bad on the web, but it's not the reality. If you are on a budget stay at the Sunset All inclusive, it is a much better choice. I would give this place a 1/2 star rating.

Room Tip: No room is good at this place
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tamara F
Reviewed 30 November 2012

Friendly and helpful staff but the rooms could do with a bit of TLC.
The fact that the place was practically empty didn't help since breakfast choice were very limited and bar closed.
However conveniant for the aiport and not much noise from it so makes it a quieter location then downtown.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple