“never let relax resort feel that you will get relaxed!!”
Review of Relax Resort

Relax Resort
Ranked #41 of 63 Hotels in Montego Bay
up-state newyork
“never let relax resort feel that you will get relaxed!!”
Reviewed 19 August 2010

my trip to the relax resort was not what i expected,i observed the resort very carefully the best i could,i even called there and talk to adam and told him what type of accomedations i needed their was no problem what so ever until all hell broke out the minute i arrive there i was under the doctors care at this time and all i wanted was rest and relaxation but oh no! i got 3 or 4 flights of stairs to climb no air condition for 3days remind you i paid in advance for 20 days no water i was soak with suds and the water shut right off in the middle of my showering,can you admagine that.they finnally move me on the second floor but i had no tv for 4days lucky i had a dvd player with me i had to boil water when i did have some just to make ice everyday,they had no ice machine there,this resort truly needs a whole new makeover with the maintence problems they accomilated housekeeping was not up to parr with their responsibilities.staff there are very nice and tryed to do the best they could to keep the guest satisfy but most of the problems were out of there hands alot of to do with the old owners and the new owners that took over this resort . was not able to settle their differences and to let their guest have to be in the middle of disagreements that the two of them have with one another,instead of letting guest know up front that they are having a lot of difficulties and will not be able to honer their agreement on their original accomidations and guest would of made other arrangements i was more aggravated and discussed and dissappointed with the service that i didn't get or deserved not to have i might as well stayed home other than that my stay there was not a relaxed one the name does not speak for itsself don't get me wrong the grounds there are very impressive and beautiful they would have to convince me they made major changes to there establishment in order for me to ever stay there again.i met some very nice guest there and there stay was just as bad as mine.please somebody needs to help them recover from this situation to have a reputation this bad and no-other than your own guest has to conplain on the pc and other travelers who don't need problems of this sort i'll just pray that they don't keep taking advantage of travelers thats hoping to have arelaxed stay and they donot get what they pay for and thats not fair to none of us so please don't go there. only if you don't need the regular assessories like water,conditioning,wash cloths,lights,and lets not forget television i'm so upset with my stay there, i will no better the next time travelers watch out!!!!!!!!

• Stayed July 2010, travelled solo
2 Thank redUp_stateNewyork

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Yanceyville
Reviewed 29 July 2010

Upon arrival I was told myconfirmed reservation would not be honored - even though the money was paid 5 months in advance. I was met with" sorry but we can give you a room because the travel agent has not paid us properly". After a 4 hour wait and death ears from the hotel staff (who wouldn't freely assist me in making another hotel reservation --at $5.00 US per local call), I was finally given a room because "Adam" one of the"kind" hotel personnel made efforts to resolve the problem while I sat in the hot lobby without even an offer o fdrink of cold water. We seemed to loss electrical power (for usually 4 hours) several of my days stay of 8 nites. Ice was almost non-existent and for a couple of days and for 3 days I was without room service (cleaning and towels and the like). And the TV in the room was antiquated -- no TV for 3 nites even though I was told "soon come". The beach shuttle service left us at beach one day and though we tried, our phone call to the hotel to inquire of the whereabouts of the bus was not answered. The next day the beach shuttle was over an hour late without even an apology.
The staff were nice people but helpless because of the pitiful state of the property that seems to be for financial reasons. Outside pool there, but I never saw anyone in it-- I did not use either.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled solo
1 Thank CharchaB

Travellers are raving about these Montego Bay hotels

Delawre
Reviewed 3 March 2010

Hotel was quite different from pictures , shocked at how dilapidated the rooms were ...Dust was visible on the furniture and the outside patio furniture was dirty and scuffed.... The TV was supposed to be color but actually showed black and white pictures ....The bath room was awful with an old shower curtain, the white towels were dingy. Tha employees were very courteous but Hotel needs to be renovated . The food was horrible and gave me and my partner the runs ....At first we thought it was a coincidence but discomfort happened every day after we ordered room service ...I would not recommend this facility ...I read the reviews and stayed there any way I did not heed the warnings .....What a waste of money !! Filthy place in need of major renovation.....The health department needs to pay them a visit....... I am appalled they are open and still allowed to operate for business....

• Stayed February 2010, travelled with friends
1 Thank ebonii
london
Reviewed 20 February 2010

I spent my christmas and new year at relax resort with my husband and two children. we had a great time. me and the children loved it.
The new management team are wonderful couple, very helpful and provided an excellent service, they were able to help us what ever the situation, transport was always avaliable which was very convinient as i travelled with my pushchair.
we were able to use the suttle bus to take us to and from the beach, that was prompt.
staff were exceptionally polite and friendly.
our christmas dinner by the pool side wow it was amazing complements to the cheif we had a feast, and then light entertainment for both the children and for adults.
again my new year was a great way to start the 2010 dancing by the pool side a babysitter was provided by request from the management team.
overall we had a great pleasent stay there was 24 hour security at both enterances of the hotel which made us feel safe, we plan to return some time soon and will be returning to relax resort.
oh i forgot to metion that it is five miniutes from montego bay airport, we travelled from london which was a 9 hour flight after the hastle with customs and baggage the we were collected by the hotel shuttle, i expected to be travelling another 45 mins or so but it only took five mins. Then when we were leaving the resort there were major delays with the airline due to the bad weather conditions in england and we were accomondated by the management until are plane was near to depart as we was so close to the airline, this was great customer service as you might know how dificult it is travelling with two young children.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank danandmak
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 6 February 2010

Just returned from Jamaica where I stayed for 1 week at the Relax Resort.
Good accommodation for the price with a great ocean view and quiet and relax.
All the staff and the management were very accommodating and helped me to make my business trip very successfull. Food could be better as well as promptness in the service. Definetely a good choise for the price

• Stayed January 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank macareno10
Georgia
Reviewed 14 January 2008

This hotel is a bad choice for three reasons:

1. Relax Resort is located several miles from the city center and beaches. This means that you will have a choice of walking (45 min. along a busy highway), taking a cab (ten bucks), or taking the hotel shuttle.

2. The hotel shuttle should have been a selling point of this hotel. However, the shuttle was never on time leaving the hotel (we had to round up someone every time we wanted to leave) and never came to pick us up to go home. We waited at the beach over thirty minutes on two occasions and finally gave up to take a taxi.

3. We politely complained to the management about the promised "free shuttle" and how we were forced to spend extra money to take a taxi back every time ... and here is the most bizarre part: The management turned it around and blamed us for missing the taxi by either lieing about the times, saying the taxi was there the whole time, or some other twist of "facts." The manager (the self-proclaimed, "Mrs. Brooks") was EXTREMELY rude when I complained about this and stated, "I will not give you a nickel back ... not one nickel," and then proceeded to rant and rave for around ten minutes.

Overall, there are much better hotels for the same price right on the beach. Do not waste your money here.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Management
  • Stayed January 2008, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
10 Thank gtg986y
Swansea, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 January 2008

We booked then read the reviews and nearly canceled. We are pleased that we did not cancel. The staff were very helpful and the room was fine. The only problem with the room was the lack of electrical sockets (x2) - one for the small fridge and the other for the TV. Breakfast is nothing to write home about, but it was worth the 10 USD that we paid. Only saw three other guests, who were just overnighting at the hotel, so we virtually had the place to ourselves - would book again, but then again we like to try different places.

• Liked — Staff were willing to help at all times
  • Disliked — No other toursts staying there
  • Stayed December 2007, travelled as a couple