“Screw Disneyland, this is the happiest place on earth!”

SeaGarden Beach Resort
Ranked #21 of 62 Hotels in Montego Bay
Edmonton, Canada
“Screw Disneyland, this is the happiest place on earth!”
Reviewed 13 April 2014

Where can I start? The location is amazing, a block away from the hip strip and just a short walk to Montego Bay. The resort's beach is amazing and super relaxing, same goes with the pool. The food was super tasty every meal. Even picky eaters can find something to enjoy. And lastly the staff; a little walk around the resort can turn into almost an entire afternoon because everyone is happy to stop and chit chat. A big shout out to dj krazy and shaman the bartender cause at the time I went there weren't too many other young people there but those two dudes kept me entertained every single night!

• Stayed April 2014
2 Thank Lukethefungi

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (212)
Reviewed 12 April 2014

My son and I spent this last week there and it was great.
The location was fabulous. Right at the end of the Hip Strip and a short walk from Mobay.

The food.... It was such a lovely change from the usual one mile buffet of half warm food. The variety was excellent and it was as if each meal was chosen with great care. Two or three meats and fish and 3 salads and crazy good soups. Homemade buns! The omelettes in the morning are perfect. I am a vegetarian so the pickings were a bit slim but my son was totally happy. Jerk chicken and curried goat made him happiest. And he raved about the lasagna. Burgers and fries and hotdogs available during the day. A few more snacks at the bar of fruit or peanuts or the soup from lunch left out would be nice for the hungry crowd. I was happy to see someone regularly checking the temperature of the food to ensure quality and safety. Pls do not store the ice scoop in the ice cooler... We never really felt the need to leave the resort to eat as the variety was so good. Also did not miss having on-site restaurants as each meal was unique enough.

The beach is so cute. And really there are three if you want to use the tiny little side ones by yourself. It is lovely to sit without worrying about leaving your camera etc. while you swim. No vendor hassling there. There is lots of shade available for those who fear the sun. You can see fish by the rocks . The staff is quick to set up your chair and cushion for you. Waiter service might be a stretch but the bar is right there. No loud music but the planes do land quite nearby. Personally I enjoyed watching them come in. Also means last pickup on the way home and first off on arrival.

Our room was spotless. Hot water no problem once you realized you need to always turn the shower control on fully. Good supply of towels, shampoo, etc. The room was huge and I loved, loved the dressing room/ closet next to the bathroom. Made sharing very pleasant. Room 108. A full length mirror would be a bonus and some luggage stands.

The staff. What can I say? Shaman, you crazy bartender, you and DJ Crazy made Luke's trip great. T-Rex, I never would have thought anyone could get him to aqua-size in this lifetime. He would have been a little more lonely and laughed much less without you guys. Well, you and those crazy folks from Nova Scotia. Angelica, thanks for putting extra meat on his plate to try fatten him up during his days there. The service in the dining room is excellent. Virginia, lovely to chat with you. Try to stay cool and I hope they put fans in the bar so next time it is cool enough I can sit and chat more. As well as all the others whose names I did not remember but who were great!

Wifi was excellent, refreshing. Nice to be able to drink the tap water. Enjoyed the cocktails in the foyer. It will be great when the renos are done as there will be more people there. The disco is ready for a few more young people. Nice to be greeted at the desk with an offer of refreshments. No pressure felt to tip and service lovely with or without tipping.

Best resort I have been to and there have been many.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank YvonneLynnK
Burlington, Canada
Reviewed 8 April 2014

We visited Seagarden Beach Resort in January and had a very nice time. Small resort and under renovations but we found it very friendly and easy to get around. Beach across the street was small, but again, nicely kept. Staff was very friendly and the room was very basic. Had some issues with the elevator a couple of days but was fixed in a couple of hours. Also the hot water wasn't as hot as needed but nothing major. The food was good-not a large selection but with it being a very small resort, it was adequate. Entertainment staff tried very hard to get people involved and for karaoke they tried their hand at singing.T-Rex did a beautiful rendition of Louis Armstrong and also the song, Say Something so don't stop singing, T-Rex. For such a small place, people really seemed to enjoy the partying at night and really got involved.

Room Tip: Try to get a room not too close to the entertainment area because of the late night music if you'...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Ruby049
Montego Bay, Jamaica
Reviewed 1 April 2014

As a business person having to stay in Montego Bay at least 1 night a week..I tend to try to find a comfortable, secure and very clean place to stay as I am usually running in late in the evening and out early morning.
I happened on Sea garden a few weeks ago and it is amazing. From check in to check out...once parked you feel like you just arrived home...bellman, front desk and then to your room which is clean and tastefully furnished. I am a stickler for bathrooms and you don't have to worry here. Flat screen televisions with mahogany furniture.
I have stayed at many luxury hotels but have never been able to get the consistency in taste and nutritional value offered in the main restaurant....not too fancy but you don't miss home...the meals are real home style cooking with options for vegetarians and vegans.
The dining room staff are very attentive as is Senior Management ,,, which like last night made sure everyone was ok and helped move dishes from the tables.
This hotel was closed for 15 years and work is still being done on some rooms..which is going to be a beauty when completed.
I recommend Seagarden highly to anyone/group who is looking for a great vacation but dosn't have a huge budget, to anyone who wants a place to relax, exhale, find yourself or to the business person who dosn't have a huge budget but wants to be at home while away from home!!!!
If you are looking for sea...there is a beach...of course being on business that is not an option now.
The team headed by Trecia Bicarrie, veteran hotelier Lionel Reid and GM Andrew Reid will be happy to make your next trip to Montego Bay a memorable one at Sea Garden...Congratulations and please keep the standard high guys!!!!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Businesswoman810
Reviewed 31 March 2014

We spent our first vacation at an all inclusive resort here at the Sea Gardens. And we totally enjoyed the whole experience! Although they are still upgrading and don't have the place fully operational; every effort to minimize any minor construction inconveniences were made.
All staff seemed genuinely happy to be working and catering to our needs. A lot of the staff showed pride in the fact that the place is locally owned and much of the furniture and wicker work is locally done.
The beach, although small, is perfect. Well protected from any unsavory characters. Clean and well staffed.
There is an old world charm about the whole place that left us feeling pampered yet not snobbish.
Any tips are well deserved.
The noise on the street was the only draw back. But nothing we lost any sleep over.
No need to go to Rick's Grill or Margaritaville to watch the sunset... the view from the beach is just as wonderful! As are all the grounds around this charming, rustic friendly resort.
The food was great! lots of local dishes!
If you are going anyplace by taxi... only go with Pablo... he will NOT rip you off. He is honest, knows lots of local history and even steers perspective pan handlers away from you. He comes highly recommended by us and few other TA reviewers because he is worth it! Just ask anyone at the Sea Gardens gate about him and they will contact him for you if need be.
Again, if you want a more local experience and not a stuffy big corporate experience, The Sea Gardens is your place!

Room Tip: Rooms with a view, facing ocean, also face the local street and the noise, especially on the weekend...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank travelcouple2015
Rimouski, Canada
Reviewed 30 March 2014

From March 15 to 22 , we enjoyed a stay 5 1/2 stars in a 3/12 stars !

The entire hotel is under renovation and when it is finished, it is a WOW site . We were 4 people, myself , my husband and a couple of friends and enjoyed every minutes in this little paradise.

Our stay was made enjoyable for a lot of touches from Shenaca the dining room among others. The Evening Chef has filled us every night we did share his passion for good food. T.Rex & German at he animation have spared no efforts to make our pleasant evenings .

Is the buffet is small ? yes but it is a 150-room hotel so there is no food for 800 guests as those around ! We chose this destination because we wanted a quiet, pleasant and a hotel with undeniable charm and we did not have any disappointment trip.

We drank tap water all week , we slept a little less during the nights of the weekend due to the noise in the street but despite the offer of the management changed our room , the view is so wonderful that we made ​​this small sacrifice.

In short , we assign 5 1/2 stars to this hotel !

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Lise511
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 28 March 2014

I planned this trip very last minute as a solo trip to Jamaica for three days, and then my boyfriend was joining me for the last two days. This resort was nothing short of amazing, thanks to the wonderful staff, beautiful grounds, and all of the wonderful amenities that were offered.

Upon arriving, I was greeted by no less than 10 staff members, from both back and front of house, all within about 5 minutes! I was given rum punch and a plate for lunch by the great porter and dining room staff, shown to my room and away I went!

The room was beautiful! A comfortable king sized bed with a balcony overlooking the pool, it was exactly what I needed. The beach was right across the small road that is out in front of the hotel and was private, quiet, and had it's own bar! It was beautiful, clear water, with lovely sand and again great staff there too.

Everything about this hotel is great, I really couldn't say enough about it. The food: delicious! Drinks: unlimited and very tasty! Rooms: so comfortable and convenient! Staff: Shameca, Omar, Lisa, Crazy, T-Rex, Virginia, Usein Bolt at the beach bar, Mr. Mckenzie, everyone from the second I walked in to the first step I left, was amazingly warm and welcoming. I would not hesitate for a second to come back to this hotel. I can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: The pool-view rooms on the 9th floor are beautiful. I didn't mind not seeing the ocean, as I spe...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
Royal Decameron Montego Beach
#23 of 62 in Montego Bay
4.0 of 5 bubbles 3,148 reviews
Grand Palladium Jamaica Resort & Spa

Been to SeaGarden Beach Resort? Share your experiences!