“A fabulous time was had!”

SeaGarden Beach Resort
Ranked #24 of 63 Hotels in Montego Bay
Reviewed 24 July 2014

We came to Montego Bay for a destination wedding. My first impression was the hotel had this older, quaint feel to it. Quite different from the modern, huge, overpowering resorts that are all over the place these days. The first person to greet us was Monsieur LaPlante, the bellman. I immediately realized that he spoke French, and throughout the week we conversed in French. Such a sweet man. He took us to our room and we got settled in. My roommate and I liked the room. It was spacious, clean and best of all, we had an ocean view. Again, it wasn't modern and there were a few issues, which I will touch on later. The staff at the front desk, Peta-Gaye, (I think that's her name) in particular was professional and accommodating. The thing that struck us about this place was how friendly everyone was. Not just fake friendly but genuinely nice. A big shoutout to Shanika, our dining room server who always had a smile for us. She is an amazing person - we love you girl! We also love our amazing, funny and entertaining bartenders, Presley Jackson, Stainton and a few others, who made sure we got what we wanted each night. The ladies who cleaned our room daily when we were out, were amazing too. The executive chef, (I forget his name) was such a pro! The food was Jamaican food, just what I wanted. I didn't want to go all that way just to eat Canadian food, and I got my wish. The executive chef asked us what we wanted and we were able to put in personal orders. He had them make peanut porridge for me one morning because I said I had never had it. They also made cornmeal and plantain porridge for my roomie and one day we ordered escovitch fish and bammy for lunch. The food was one of the best parts of the trip! I got home and realized I had gained 4 pounds. This never happens - I always lose weight when I go to all inclusive resorts because I hate the food! The beach was literally across the street. It is a private beach and so cute. The water was warm. The beach was just right for us. Not too big, but then again, the hotel is still under renovation so it was not filled to capacity. The airport is five minutes from the resort, and when sitting on the beach you can watch the planes come in and land. The wedding was so gorgeous. It was by the sea, with lovely decor, and delicious food. I can't say enough about it. The only negative was because we stayed in a section of the hotel that was not yet renovated, our ac broke one night and partially flooded our room. We were moved to another room, which was not as nice as the original one but having only two days left at that point, it was fine. The showers were great, but the water took a while to drain, which was a little annoying because I had to make sure I cleaned the tub out before my roomie used it. We also lost our ocean view when we changed rooms. All in all, it is a gem of a resort, perfectly located on the hip strip which is busy, but in a good way. I loved the hubbub outside. I didn't feel isolated like I normally do at other resorts. We met the owner on our last day there - lovely man, and he said they hope to finish renovations by the end of the year and for us to come back again to check it all out. I would definitely go back, if only to see the wonderful people that we met there; it would be worth my while. Thank you for a great time!

Room Tip: Ask for a renovated ocean view room.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank zeekitti

Reviewed 23 July 2014

We stayed in this resort for 6 days. From the moment we walked in the vibes were great. The front desk is where it all began. The room was cozy and the view every morning was amazing. The bathroom however, could use an update. The food was delicious and the staff attending the dining room was the best. Corey at the bar mixed some very tasty drinks. My overall experience was great. If you are looking for a lovely settled atmosphere, this is the place.

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank bobmarleyfa
Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

A vacation package for 6 was booked at another hotel and the hotel said they didn't have a reservation for us. So we ended up at the SEAGARDEN RESORT. Life gave us lemons and we made a wicked margarita.
The place is a throwback to the colonial days. The hospitality is Royal in s city already known for hospitality. RENEE, our front desk clerk made concessions and accommodations that calmed us. THANKS.

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank xaymaica
Tricia-Ann B, Director of Sales at SeaGarden Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2014

Dear xaymaica, We were pleased to have had the opportunity to welcome you to the Seagarden Beach Resort family during your last visit to Jamaica. We look forward to treating you to our "Royal" hospitality on your next visit.

Warm Regards,
Tricia-Ann Bicarie

Reviewed 16 July 2014

We stayed in the off season while the occupancy was low. But the hospitality of the entire staff far surpassed our expectations. Rooms were newly refurbished, new air conditioning systems. The balconies were a bonus and quite pleasant to relax in the early morning or evenings. The bathrooms could use some updating and the exterior doors are not up to today's security standards, but they do have 24 hour security and we never felt threatened. The beach across the street is by far the best in Montego Bay. And the location is just a short walk from the "Hip Strip". Again, the entire staff were so friendly and helpful. They made us feel welcome and like family.

Stayed: May 2014
3  Thank Kenny H
Reviewed 7 July 2014

This is a great vacation spot, especially for couples and groups. Not really for kids though.
We were most pleasantly surprised upon our arrival at this almost post colonial property, decked with lovely tropical flowers and birds...The staff was super!..warm, accomodating, and friendly...the food was delicious and plentiful and typically Jamaican which was great!...The accomodations were more than adequate, - we had a large room with a kingsize bed, hand-carved furniture and marble bathroom, with a beautiful view from our balcony over the pool...the secluded inlet beach was fantastic and you can snorkel right there!...tennis courts with tennis pro right on the property...large beautiful pool...great music all day long, with live music on weekends...For an all-inclusive we couldn't have asked for more and will certainly recommend to friends and family.

Room Tip: Corner rooms are very spacious.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank 601Janete
Reviewed 24 June 2014

I travelled with my girlfriend last march and we fell in love with Jamaica and The Sea Garden!

The Arrival:
You can’t help but smile when you arrive at the Sea Garden Beach resort and realize the beauty of the property. The colonial architecture recently renovated makes you feel
We were immediately greeted by the bellman Peter who is one of the nicest persons we met in Jamaica. After a quick check in, Peter brought us to our deluxe ocean view room. I had requested a room on the top floors after reading the reviews. Our room was located on the second floor so you could barely see the beach but Peter quickly and kindly found us a room on the 9th floor. The room was very clean, great king size bed and flat screen TV, but the best part is the balcony equipped with a table and 2 chairs to appreciate the wonderful view. Since it is on the Hip strip it is true that the young locals are a bit loud with the sound systems of their cars but we were able to sleep like babies every night and the view is well worth it. If you are more sensitive to noise, get the pool side room.

The food:
The buffet is absolutely delicious. There is always a good variety of traditional Jamaican dishes with more spice but also more regular north American style of food, something for every one! One day they even had a big Turkey and pineapple ham another day with the Chef serving at the Buffet. The chef is really kind! They have nice desserts, often they bake cakes for dinner.

The Staff:
Everybody is friendly they really make sure you have a great time! Big thanks to Shameca, Omar, Lisa, Peter, T-Rex and the guys at the bar (the drinks are so good I forgot their names)

The beach:
Very is very intimate, quite small but perfect setting to relax. The sand is white and clean and perfect turquoise water. It is a private beach so very quiet without the usual local vendors

TRANSPORTATION TIP: Do not take the tour buses. Get a private driver, costs a little extra but you will be free to go anywhere you want and stay as long as you want. Best decision ever!
Ask the staff to hook you up with Pablo the tour operator, great guy has a new confortable van that could fit up to 8 people.
Contact hime directly : pablojatours@gmail.com 1 876 329 4658

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the top floor with ocean view. Worth the extra.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Oliver C
Tricia-Ann B, Director of Sales at SeaGarden Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

Dear OliverGold, We are delighted that you found your stay with us "like being in a dream" and that you have fallen in love with our beautiful resort and Jamaica. Your private balcony for watching exceptional sunsets, tasty samples of Jamaican cuisine and a private white sand beach cove awaits your return.

See you soon OliverGold.

Warm Jamaican Regards,
Tricia-Ann

Reviewed 14 June 2014

Talk about a hidden gem. Found this place on Expedia and it looked like what we wanted --- down home feel, friendly people and relaxing, we are not disappointed. There were only a couple people there for our visit, which means we basically had our own private beach a chef who catered to my wife's allergies and a chance to sing song after song with staff. The cons of this resort are that it is not complete and the hotel rooms are a little dated. Then again, who spends time in a room on vacation? The staff is extremely friendly, the food is good, the drinks were nice and there were enough activities to keep us happy during our stay. One suggestion would be to include the shuttle to and from the airport in the package, as its literally 3 miles away. Watching planes fly by while sitting on the beach was pretty cool. We had a great time and we would recommend this place to anyone on a budget who wants a relaxing vacation where they feel as though they are in that country (as opposed to a generic big resort).

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank SMCHershey
Tricia-Ann B, Director of Sales at SeaGarden Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2014

Dear SMCHershey, Thanks for taking the time to share your recent experience at our resort. It was our pleasure to have had the opportunity to offer you and your wife a very personalized service. We look forward to welcoming you both back.

Please e-mail us at reservation@seagardenjamaica.com to arrange your transfers for your next trip to our resort.

Warmest Regards,