“Overpriced ”

Ranked #20 of 61 Hotels in Montego Bay
New York, New York, United States
“Overpriced ”
Reviewed 23 August 2014 via mobile

Just okay. The place was right by the airport, it had no beach the pics are showing public beach across street, for $320/night in off season you guys are out of your minds. That gets you a cheap ritz Carleton room, this place was leagues apart from the ritz. The room was dingy and didn't have any not-dented or dirty furniture, The room literally didn't have a single power outlet, had to unplug the damn fridge, water didn't get warm either.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
5 Thank neb n
Tricia-Ann B, Director of Sales at SeaGarden Beach Resort, responded to this review, 26 September 2014
Dear valued guest, We are truly disappointed that you felt you did not receive value for money during your recent stay with us. We strive to ensure that every guest is able to enjoy our beautiful private beach club that is accessible to guests of the resort only and not to the general public. We also regret that the two additional power outlets in your room were not conveniently located to be utilized by you.

We hope that you will afford us the opportunity to welcome you back so that you can experience the superior quality service and product that we are know for. Please e-mail me at tbicarie@seagardenjamaica.com so that we can work together to ensure that your next vacation with us is not just value for money but an extraordinary experience.

Warmest Regards,
Tricia-Ann

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (209)
Reviewed 18 August 2014 via mobile

Beautiful, tranquil, central yet private. A real dream come true. The private beach is safe and perfect. Love it love it love it. My friends and I were truly impressed with the serenity of this hidden treasure that was in plain sight. I would recommend this resort location to all

Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Anna Leah R
Tricia-Ann B, Director of Sales at SeaGarden Beach Resort, responded to this review, 22 August 2014
Dear Anna, I was a pleasure to have had the opportunity to share our resort with you. We are delighted that your vacation with us was a "dream come true" and look forward to welcoming you back.

Warm Regards,
Tricia-Ann
Brampton, Canada
Reviewed 7 August 2014

We were fortunate to discover this unique gem while searching for a location for our wedding. Our phenomenal wedding planner, Charmaine Solomon and the rest of the staff gave us an unforgettable experience. This newly reopened resort, even though still under reservation, work being done posed no hindrance to the guests and day to day running of the resort. We spent two weeks at this resort and could not be more pleased with the service we received. The staff were attentive to our needs and took measures to ensure that our needs were met. During that time we were also able to observe great improvement both in service and amenities. The resort provides a unique family atmosphere, a home away from home. The hospitality of the staff is indeed indicative of Jamaica's brand- warmth, enthusiasm and spirit. The hotel has a beautiful, inviting, private beach. Wifi is provided throughout the resort but I would love to see an area where guest can have access to computers. Also, it is an all inclusive hotel, so I would love to have had access to food without having to order between lunch and dinner and after. However, like I said improvement is being made and hopefully with the one year anniversary coming up in December, it will become a full fledged all inclusive.

Room Tip: Ocean view is not recommended if you enjoy peaceful slumber.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Teaneck, New Jersey
Reviewed 4 August 2014

If you are looking for a small, quiet, all inclusive resort near the airport and Hip Strip this is the place to go.

Everything is pretty much simple. Airport transfers are $6 per person and can be arranged directly with the resort. Meals are 3 times a day. Pool is in the center of everything. The beach is right across the street from the resort, but is very private with a bar and grill that are a part of the all inclusive amenities. Rooms are clean and a nice bright white.

They are still working on parts of the resort with renovations here and there, but nothing that is agitating to the eye.

They just reopened in December so it's still considered a hidden gem.

Customer service was great and very accommodating. Peter-Gay is such a sweetheart as well as Kemoy. They make a great team with their friendliness and smile.

The resort is walking distance to the Hip Strip and Margaritaville which is great for shopping, but be careful because everyone wants to sell you something and everyone wants a tip. The great thing is you can always finagle the prices to get it to where you want to be!!

I also love the fact that they offer free WiFi throughout the resort and it even works by the beach area which is directly across the street!!

All in all, awesome resort and a great start to our vacation!!

Check my blog for pictures www.perfectbreezes.wordpress.com

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank PerfectBreezeTravel
Barboursville, Virginia
Reviewed 25 July 2014

My fiancé and I came here for his birthday celebration. We were immediately greeted with a warm smile from Peter. We checked in at the front desk right around lunch time so Peter watched our bags while we had a nice lunch. Our room looked straight out to the ocean, an extremely beautiful view! Our room was very nice and clean; it had tile floors which I thought was weird but I guess it was easier to clean with the sand from the beach. We got to know Courey and Shammond very well. They were our bartenders and made sure we had the best drinks. After one or two he made I didn't care what he made me because they were the best rum drinks we had ever had. They both had great stories and entertained us very well. Because we stayed in their 'off' season the staff remembered our names very quickly and made sure we had the best hospitality. The private beach is just to die for! iRoach, the pool attendant, stayed with us after hours just to keep an eye on us. He didn't have to but you could tell he cared. The beach is secluded from the other beaches and it was like paradise. Overall, we had an awesome stay at the SeaGarden Resort and we highly recommend staying there!

Room Tip: Rooms that face the ocean tend to be on the louder noise level- especially if you have children or l...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Jaimie G
Oakville, Canada
Reviewed 24 July 2014

We came to Montego Bay for a destination wedding. My first impression was the hotel had this older, quaint feel to it. Quite different from the modern, huge, overpowering resorts that are all over the place these days. The first person to greet us was Monsieur LaPlante, the bellman. I immediately realized that he spoke French, and throughout the week we conversed in French. Such a sweet man. He took us to our room and we got settled in. My roommate and I liked the room. It was spacious, clean and best of all, we had an ocean view. Again, it wasn't modern and there were a few issues, which I will touch on later. The staff at the front desk, Peta-Gaye, (I think that's her name) in particular was professional and accommodating. The thing that struck us about this place was how friendly everyone was. Not just fake friendly but genuinely nice. A big shoutout to Shanika, our dining room server who always had a smile for us. She is an amazing person - we love you girl! We also love our amazing, funny and entertaining bartenders, Presley Jackson, Stainton and a few others, who made sure we got what we wanted each night. The ladies who cleaned our room daily when we were out, were amazing too. The executive chef, (I forget his name) was such a pro! The food was Jamaican food, just what I wanted. I didn't want to go all that way just to eat Canadian food, and I got my wish. The executive chef asked us what we wanted and we were able to put in personal orders. He had them make peanut porridge for me one morning because I said I had never had it. They also made cornmeal and plantain porridge for my roomie and one day we ordered escovitch fish and bammy for lunch. The food was one of the best parts of the trip! I got home and realized I had gained 4 pounds. This never happens - I always lose weight when I go to all inclusive resorts because I hate the food! The beach was literally across the street. It is a private beach and so cute. The water was warm. The beach was just right for us. Not too big, but then again, the hotel is still under renovation so it was not filled to capacity. The airport is five minutes from the resort, and when sitting on the beach you can watch the planes come in and land. The wedding was so gorgeous. It was by the sea, with lovely decor, and delicious food. I can't say enough about it. The only negative was because we stayed in a section of the hotel that was not yet renovated, our ac broke one night and partially flooded our room. We were moved to another room, which was not as nice as the original one but having only two days left at that point, it was fine. The showers were great, but the water took a while to drain, which was a little annoying because I had to make sure I cleaned the tub out before my roomie used it. We also lost our ocean view when we changed rooms. All in all, it is a gem of a resort, perfectly located on the hip strip which is busy, but in a good way. I loved the hubbub outside. I didn't feel isolated like I normally do at other resorts. We met the owner on our last day there - lovely man, and he said they hope to finish renovations by the end of the year and for us to come back again to check it all out. I would definitely go back, if only to see the wonderful people that we met there; it would be worth my while. Thank you for a great time!

Room Tip: Ask for a renovated ocean view room.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank zeekitti
Reviewed 23 July 2014

We stayed in this resort for 6 days. From the moment we walked in the vibes were great. The front desk is where it all began. The room was cozy and the view every morning was amazing. The bathroom however, could use an update. The food was delicious and the staff attending the dining room was the best. Corey at the bar mixed some very tasty drinks. My overall experience was great. If you are looking for a lovely settled atmosphere, this is the place.

• Stayed July 2014
Royal Decameron Montego Beach
Royal Decameron Montego Beach
#22 of 61 in Montego Bay
Grand Palladium Jamaica Resort & Spa

Been to SeaGarden Beach Resort? Share your experiences!