“Dirty stained bathtubs!”

Ranked #17 of 38 Montego Bay B&B and Inns
Brookings, Oregon
“Dirty stained bathtubs!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2014

Can't believe this hotel is featured on international websites.. It is clearly not all of any international standard. The photos are extremely photoshopped. The bathtubs were black .i took a shower in my flip flops. It was a terrible experience. It is ok to be a low budget hotel but clean your bathtubs! Terrible !

• Stayed December 2013
3 Thank Adventuri

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 March 2014

i got married here on the 28th november 2013, i must say they really pulled out all the stops for us, marsha was amazing the whole way through and although my hubby to be was in jamaica i was in the uk marsha was quick to respond to all my enquiries, when i arrived in jamaica 4 days before the wedding we went and saw marsha she talked us through everything that would happen on the day and we went through how we wanted everything done. I usual stay in no less than 5 star resorts this hotel was quite comfortable but basic. location is fantastic to mobay. thank you so marsha for all your help in planning our special day and making it so special. hayley and leo levy

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
lansing michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 February 2014

There are plenty of resorts in Montego Bay, however, I chose to spend my time at the Grandiosa. The room was clean and the hotel amendities were what you would expect from a hotel that costs less than $100 per night, but it was the service which made my trip. From the front desk to the luggage handler I was very happy. Everytime I needed anything they were on the spot. I would encourage travelers to consider the Gradiosa for their future travel needs. I know I will! They also provided a free shuttle to the airport.....which in Jamaica can be your first indication of how much money you will need for a spectacular trip in paradise.

Room Tip: Ask for Miss Grace and request an ocean view.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank flossy217
Newark, Delaware, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 January 2014

BFF and I went for a quick get away to relax. We ususally stay at all inclusive resorts but wanted to have a more authentic stay. Resort is quiet and not too far from town. Our rooms were overlooking the pool. We had nice clean rooms, king size beds, and refridgerator for things we picked up in town to munch on. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. Marsha at the front desk was wonderful!

Room Tip: Upper level above the pool quiet and has a nice skyline view.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Katgem22
Saint Louis, Missouri
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2014 via mobile

When booking Grandiosa we knew we weren't in for a luxury resort given the price but there's a lot the place could do to be better. The rooms are fine, slightly strange smell and the bathroom is pretty worn down but it was fine for a place to sleep a few hours. Our main problem was breakfast/dinner. Every time we are there we waited at least 30 minutes, twice almost an hour, for the food to come and that's if they had the food. One morning they were out of eggs and two evenings they were out of chicken which is poor for any standard of hotel. Also, I requested fresh towels one morning to be told they didn't have any which is pretty shocking. One very positive thing I have to say about the place was the receptionist Macria/Marsha? (Excuse my spelling). She was very welcoming and helped us to organize most things that we did, I could not fault her. Also note that on Google maps the hotel looks pretty close to the shore but it's located up a steep hill. To get to the strip it's at least a 15 minute walk at a good pace down a (mostly) unpaved, steep hill with little or no lighting. A cabs is 15 dollars from the strip to the hotel which can add up so it may be worth your while spending that bit extra on a better, closer hotel. Overall, not great and probably wouldn't go back but most issues could be easily sorted.

Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank ChrisFoley13

Travellers are raving about these Montego Bay hotels

Lions Head
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 December 2013

We arrived in MoBay late so decided to stay in a cheaper hotel and travel to our destination the next day. The room we got was dark and dingy with 2 small beds and a 1/2 shower. One tiny bar of soap was the only provisions. We were tired so had dinner and retired. The next morning as I was packing
I found a cockroach in my bed. I reported this to the desk as we checked out and asked for an upgrade on our reservation in two weeks. She said sorry and would make a note on my file. When we returned two weeks later we were offered a better room, but it felt like a box. Just a king bed and
TV, so I paid another $10.00 for a better room. This room was overlooking the pool and a lot more spacious. However, the pool was freezing, the bar had no tequila, and the breakfast had no eggs.
Enough said, even the waitress was not friendly.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jean519
Kingston, Jamaica
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 December 2013

Staff are nice, friendly and helpful. The food was good and also the breakfast. Ok prices. The view is nice over the sea and Montego Bay and the pool is ok. Its a little drive from the beach and the Montego Bay "strip", but close to the airport. We liked our stay here! And Grace in the reception was very helpful when we had some troubles with the airline connection.

Room Tip: Choose room 202 if you can, its the best room at the hotel!
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family