“Exceeded my expectation”

Bethel Court Guest House
Reviewed 13 March 2014

As an avid traveler, I wanted a place to stay that would fit my budget; therefore I was not expecting too much to be honest. However I felt extremely comfortable at this extremely clean and quaint establishment and I felt at home immediately. I purposely wanted to stay off the beaten path and stay in a community where I can absorb the culture; moreover I no longer have appreciation for touristy areas in general. If you are like me, then this is the place for you:
-It is an extremely safe neighborhood and the locals are friendly as they carry on their daily activites
-You have a complete kitchen and dining room
-Jerry was my personal driver who picked me up at the airport (courtesy of Bethel Court Guest House). He was professional and shook my hand and open all doors for me. He then took me to an upscale supermarket where you can find international goods as well as native products. He also took me to the Cambio money exchange where I was able to get a good rate for my USD. I did pay him $1000 JD for the extras. He is only available through the main office this way they are mandating your activity for safety
-There are countless "cabbies" passing up and down the street where you can take into town and do some souvenir shopping. There are legitimate cab drivers (with the red license plate) and there will be other passengers sitting next to you as well for $100 JD each way per person
-Doctor's Cave and another main beach is found downtown

I stayed at the penthouse and boy! what an elevated view with a large living room

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank LorraineTravels

Reviewed 17 February 2014 via mobile

I stayed in the dorm room and enjoyed it a lot. The girls and guys have separate bathroom/shower rooms, and they provide you with a towel too. For safety everyone has their own padlocked locker and the hostel's front gate is locked at night (guests have keys). It is only US$1 to get to the hip strip by taxi.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Papillon101
Reviewed 1 January 2014

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the Bethel Court Guest House. The price was good, Steve the General Manager was very friendly and always accessible through the integrated intercom. Having WIFI is also a bonus and the property is very secure giving peace of mind. The bedroom was also air conditioned. All in All it was value for money and I would certainly recommend

Room Tip: We were on the ground floor in a self contained apartment with a fridge and self catering facilities
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 30 December 2013

We had a excellent time and thk you for everything Steve and McKenzie...I highly recommend this place to stay at not just for the price but for what amenities it has around it makes worth the money. And make sure you get McKenzie to take you around prices are reasonable. So looking for our stay in April '14

• Stayed: December 2013
Reviewed 12 December 2013

Bethel Court is great, clean, tidy and comfortable. Ok its not The Ritz but as hostels go it's a good one and for the price it's great value for money. Staying in the dorm provides a good opportunity to meet other likeminded people and make new friends. The staff are friendly and helpful, Richard is brilliant at organising nights out in Mo Bay and ensuring you get back to the hostel safely. I love staying in Mt Salem you get a feel for what Jamaica is like away from the tourist trap of the Hip Strip. It's a fair distance from the beach but route taxis are cheap and easy to come by. I've been to Jamaica twice and both times have stayed at Bethel Court, I wouldn't hesitate to stay there again.

• Stayed: November 2013
2  Thank Lucy C
Reviewed 11 December 2013

The location is a bit of a walk from the main areas but nice non the less and mckenzie is always ready to drive you around (for a fee). The aircon was good, tv and basic kitchen with fridge meant you could do basic meals but with jerk chicken so cheap we ate out! The wifi was not bad but power outages in the area meant it could be hit and miss!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
2  Thank Bec A
Reviewed 4 December 2013

I spend two weeks here with Girlfriend and my Mother-in-law and we really enjoy the property. It was easy to access transportation to go anywhere you want to go and its very convenient. However, My mother-in-law only had two problems though; 1) the stove in the kitchen, we expected a four burner gas stove with oven because she planned to bake a cake but the stove in kitchen was applicable to do so and 2). the free pick-up from airport, please ensure that you have that vehicle is applicable enough for pick up because one has anticipate that the guest might have more two or three luggages. Overall, though the good out way the bad because I was comfortable and Girlfriend was comfortable and so does her Mother.So Steve look out for us again next same time for another two weeks. Bless you yourself and your staff.....best thing since slice bread.

Room Tip: ROOM NUMBER 2 i think is the best room for me large and quiet.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family