“Worth every penny”

Bethel Court Guest House
Reviewed 30 March 2014 via mobile

My group and I stayed at Bethel and had a great time. The room was spacious and clean and we were one taxi away from downtown and the beach. We had such a great time in montego bay that we ended up staying an extra night which Steve accommodated. I would recommend Bethel to anyone staying in Mobay.

• Stayed: March 2014

Reviewed 23 March 2014

Great stay. Floors a bit dirty, but overall, excellent. Would definitely come back again. Hard to beat! Cheap private taxi service, Stevie knows all the hot spots. Private, locked bedrooms. Shared the flat with two others. Stevie does a great job of introducing guests to one another. Nearby market, close to the beach ($2 USD per person to there), one free pick up or drop off. AWESOME VALUE.

• Stayed: March 2014
Reviewed 23 March 2014

I did not know quite what to expect when booking this property, but was not disappointed. We did not spend a lot of time in the room, but bed was comfortable and we felt safe. It is off the beaten path, but you get to spend more time experiencing the culture of Jamaica. The high point was the information and assistance provided by the owner of the property. Mr Wright was always helpful in providing what we needed.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank JonD1963
Reviewed 20 March 2014

I was very happy with our choice to stay here. While we did not spend much time hanging out in our room, the information and guidance from the staff was very helpful. This was the second place that we stayed during our trip and I wish we had stayed here first. They set us up with a safe, reliable taxi driver that was able to take us to some cheap eats and local spots. Very informative and I would recommend this to anyone who is interested in experincing the real Jamaica!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 March 2014

As an avid traveler, I wanted a place to stay that would fit my budget; therefore I was not expecting too much to be honest. However I felt extremely comfortable at this extremely clean and quaint establishment and I felt at home immediately. I purposely wanted to stay off the beaten path and stay in a community where I can absorb the culture; moreover I no longer have appreciation for touristy areas in general. If you are like me, then this is the place for you:
-It is an extremely safe neighborhood and the locals are friendly as they carry on their daily activites
-You have a complete kitchen and dining room
-Jerry was my personal driver who picked me up at the airport (courtesy of Bethel Court Guest House). He was professional and shook my hand and open all doors for me. He then took me to an upscale supermarket where you can find international goods as well as native products. He also took me to the Cambio money exchange where I was able to get a good rate for my USD. I did pay him $1000 JD for the extras. He is only available through the main office this way they are mandating your activity for safety
-There are countless "cabbies" passing up and down the street where you can take into town and do some souvenir shopping. There are legitimate cab drivers (with the red license plate) and there will be other passengers sitting next to you as well for $100 JD each way per person
-Doctor's Cave and another main beach is found downtown

I stayed at the penthouse and boy! what an elevated view with a large living room

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank LorraineTravels
Reviewed 17 February 2014 via mobile

I stayed in the dorm room and enjoyed it a lot. The girls and guys have separate bathroom/shower rooms, and they provide you with a towel too. For safety everyone has their own padlocked locker and the hostel's front gate is locked at night (guests have keys). It is only US$1 to get to the hip strip by taxi.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Papillon101
Reviewed 1 January 2014

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the Bethel Court Guest House. The price was good, Steve the General Manager was very friendly and always accessible through the integrated intercom. Having WIFI is also a bonus and the property is very secure giving peace of mind. The bedroom was also air conditioned. All in All it was value for money and I would certainly recommend

Room Tip: We were on the ground floor in a self contained apartment with a fridge and self catering facilities