“Very pleasant :-)”

Bethel Court Guest House
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Stayed for a week in July and couldn't have been more pleased with the accomodations. The owner was courteous and helpful and, accordingly, so was his staff. The suite had a kitchenette, sitting/tv room and private bath and was a good value as far as budget goes. Taxi driver (Mackenzie) was friendly and courteous as well. The best part is meeting people from all over the world that were also staying here. Amenities: air conditioner, wi-fi were good. Only critique: the tv was not working but since I rarely watch tv it was not a problem for me.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank Chamorrowoman

Reviewed 29 June 2014

This place is better than a resort. I felt like I lived in the neighborhood and the room had everything needed. I had a budget coming here and this place gave me my moneys worth. I loved it. They have their own drivers so you are picked up from airport and any time you need to get around there is someone to take you. It was fun visiting Nine Mile and Negril. Other people can ride with you to these places that are further away and it is fun to have a group from home come and experience Jamaica with people who are visiting from all over. Our driver was McKenzie and he was the best part of our trip. He made sure we got what we wanted and helped keep unwanted vendors away. I will definitely be staying here when back in Jamaica. Right On Mon!!!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank adriana H
Reviewed 22 May 2014

Steve the owner and his staff super friendly, real no problem Jamaican. We have stayed in the ground floor apartment, two adults and two children. It is ease to get there from the Montego Bay airport. Apartament clean and spacious. Lots of TV Sat channels. Some peoples have mentioned there is not a flat TV but to be honest do you really need it? - big screen standard CRT TV is good enough. Free internet with strong signal inside room. Free car park, I've rented a car so this was really in plus. Basic cooking facilities for making some light meals. Fully working air conditioning. Mosquito nets in all windows, no any bugs. Neigbourhood real jamaican peoples not only Hotel area made for tourists. I can recommend this apartament to everyone who like to see a real piece of Jamaica live and is not afraid to do so.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Waldemar P
Reviewed 4 May 2014 via mobile

I stayed at bethel court for 17 nights. Bethel court is very reasonable, its clean and the staff at bethel court are really lovely people, they are very helpful aswell, they also have drivers that will take you anywhere you wants for a reasonable price and pick you back up when you are ready to go back to the guest house.

You can also take taxi's into the town, which is not far from the guest house and also has easy access for those who wish to go downtown. I enjoyed my stay here and I would stay here again. I loved every moment here because it felt like home. They take you to parties along the hipstrip which was very good.

You get to do everything for yourself e.g. Cook, wash etc. I had my own bathroom, kitchen. They also have a few supermarkets a few minutes away from the guest house. Wifi was great cause I got to stay in touch with my family and friends. Would definitely stay here again. I would like to thank all the staff at Bethel court for making me feel welcome and comfortable.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Brittany P
Reviewed 29 April 2014 via mobile

I had to be in Jamaica for a few days and wanted something other than the typical resort accomodation. I was very happy with Bethel Court Guest House. Steve , Kadian (I called her Special K) and Mackenzie took care of all my requests. The room was clean, bed was very comfortable, kitchen had all necessary utensils, bathroom was proper & no issues with hot water. Short drive into town was never an issue as Mackenzie was readily available. I would reccomend Bethel Court if you are seeking a safe, comfortable, & economical stay in Montego Bay.

• Stayed: April 2014
Reviewed 8 April 2014

Everyone who works at Bethel Court is very welcoming, friendly and helpful. Steve especially was very accomodating and even let us use his computer to print our boarding passes. One of us had a problem logging in to do this, but he was very patient and let us stay for a while until we had sorted it all out.There were washing facilities and our room had a kitchen with just enough utensils to make a nice meal. The air-conditioning was amazingly powerful in the rooms and the living area was very spacious with a television in and dining table. The staff gave us good directions and advice about how to get into the town and called taxis for us as well. The location is not to far from the centre of town and a 5 minute walk from a couple of small supermarkets. Overall we had a lovely stay at Bethel Court.

Room Tip: We stayed in an apartment with 2 double rooms, as there were 4 of us and this meant we had a lovely...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 2 April 2014

7 friends and I stayed at Bethel Court from March 23-28, 2014. We had a fantastic time. Bethel Court is off the beaten path, about a 10-15 minute drive from the popular beach areas in MoBay, and a 10 minute ride from downtown. We got around with the help of one of Stevie (the owner)'s friends, MacKenzie who is a knowledgable and very fun driver and tour guide. I took off one point from the rooms category because the beds we had were about a 7/10 comfy. The value, though, of staying here makes it far more than worth it for anyone even a bit lower maintenance. We payed something like $10/day per person (granted there were 8 people). It's really fun to stay up in the hills of Mt. Salem at Bethel Court and feel like you're part of the Jamaican scene - a lively church just up the street that plays awesome reggae-ish gospel on Sundays, Jamaicans walking to school or work on the street below the 4-story apartment - very cool.

• Stayed: March 2014