“Let's Go Native to Negril!”

Island Routes Caribbean Adventures Montego Bay
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: The ultimate Caribbean catamaran cruise! Whether you sail into the sunset on the Lover’s Rock cruise, join us for a party on the Reggae catamaran or visit iconic sites like Dunn’s River, Rick’s Cafe or Pelican Bar, we have something for everyone. With all-inclusive snorkeling, drinks, appetizers and the industry's highest safety standards, Island Routes catamaran cruises are highly sought after!
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Activities for young children, Wheelchair access, Bathroom facilities, Food available for purchase
Toronto, Canada
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Let's Go Native to Negril!”
Reviewed 6 August 2014

Joined this fun tour led by Dalton to explore the beautiful Negril. It was a great trip - never a dull moment! Dalton made it a great tour by sharing with us the histories of the island, traditions, teaching us a few words in patois (so I learned to say "ya mon and irie Mon" more naturally instead of the Canadian "eh"), and most importantly, ensured everyone on the trip had a great time!

Really enjoyed the cultural aspects, plus the great sites we visited. Sandals Negril was beautiful and it was just the right amount of time to enjoy the beaches and the watersports; followed by shopping in the town centres, which gave me a taste of the real Jamaica; followed by the jump off the cliff (performed by others on the tour, I was just being entertained) - it was a great way to round up the trip. On the way back in the evening, seeing the glowing Montego Bay set against the night sky was great end to cap off the tour.

Safe and skilful driving too from the driver Lloyd - driving us tourist around for the whole day was no easy task mon!

Great job team :)

Visited August 2014
1 Thank O L
IslandRoutes, Manager at Island Routes Caribbean Adventures Montego Bay, responded to this review, 28 January 2015
Thanks for your review!
It's wonderful to hear that you were able to learn so much about the beautiful island of Jamaica and it's rich culture! We are happy to hear you had a great time with our tour guide, Dalton and returned home with some truly great memories of your trip. We’d love to relive the excitement with you, please tag #LiveFunner when you post your photos. We hope you will "soon come back" for more island fun!

Labadie, MO
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 44 helpful votes
“Tour definitely enhanced trip to Jamaica!”
Reviewed 1 August 2014

We booked the Black river, Ys falls, and rum distillery tour out of Sandals Whitehouse on July 11. I was a little hesitant to even leave our resort because it was such a paradise but I like to see a little outside the resort bubble and learn a little about the country I'm visiting! We had a great driver and Ophelia as our guide. There was only 6 of us in our big van so it was a great day. Ophelia was so knowledgable and answered any questions we had. She really gave us important history and political background that made us understand why Jamaica is dealing with poverty and is such a beautiful mixed race of people. Our guides at all 3 places were wonderful. Be prepared to tip them all individually because they all went above and beyond. I was a little disappointed in the rum tour because we were grouped with a large tour from another resort, and frankly, they were obnoxious. No ones fault really! I really liked how they have guides at Ys falls to keep you from breaking your neck. They will also carry your camera for you and snap pictures which all turned out great! My husband loved the rope swing while I was brave enough to jump off a (much lower) waterfall!

Island routes...you have a gem in Ophelia!!!!

Visited July 2014
1 Thank aaholestine
Thank you so much for your review of the South Coast River, Rum & Falls Adventure!
As the tour name indicates, there's lots of fun activities to be done on this tour and we are thrilled that you had an incredible day enjoying more of Jamaica with us. Our guides are such lovely people and it's wonderful that Ophelia's warm hospitality made such a lasting impression. We appreciate all of your kind remarks and we cannot wait to create many more unforgettable memories with you!
Please feel free to tag #LiveFunner when you post your photos so that we can see all the great moments you were able to capture!
West Palm Beach, Florida
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 53 helpful votes
“The best”
Reviewed 19 May 2014 via mobile

As a travel agent, this is the only company I use in Jamaica for my guests. They are competent, knowledgeable and honest. The only outside company I use other than Island Routes is my personal driver.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank Deborah P
IslandRoutes, Manager at Island Routes Caribbean Adventures Montego Bay, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
Thank you for the wonderful words! It's great to hear that we a fan like you who is able to spread the word of what we do! We hope to see you on some tours and well as friends of yours!

LIVE FUNNER :)
Charlottetown, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Made our holiday”
Reviewed 16 April 2014

Recently returned form Ocho Rios and booked several tours with Island Routes through Beaches. My family did the Mystic Mountain trio, Dunns River Fall cruise and climb, and Catamaran cruise. All three excursions were fantastic the staff were courteous, professional and most importantly fun! Would go again and again, thank you for making this such a memorable trip

Visited April 2014
1 Thank Debbie L
IslandRoutes, Manager at Island Routes Caribbean Adventures Montego Bay, responded to this review, 7 May 2014
Thank you for your review, Debbie!

We are so happy to hear of the wonderful time you had on three of our tours! We always want our guests not to just visit our country but to truly get out there and experience the excitement of this island paradise for themselves! We cannot wait to welcome you back for another adventure!

Remember...LIVE FUNNER!
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Absolutely Amazing Adventure!”
Reviewed 17 March 2014

I am just getting around to writing this review as I've been traveling, but I HAD to! I did Island routes catamaran in Montego Bay along with 7 of my girlfriends. It was FUNTASTIC!!!!!! From start to finish!!! Captain Hulk and his staff were fun while still maintaining their professionalism. I somehow managed to cut my toe and Sherri (IR staff) was on her knees so fast attending to me, I didn't have time to feel any pain. She was awesome!! We snorkeled, we partied, we ate, we drank and were all MERRY!!!! Met a bunch of new friends and will definitely come back again!! Big thanks to the IR staff for keeping us safe and showing us how you live life FUNNER!!!!

Visited January 2014
3 Thank Allana N
IslandRoutes, Manager at Island Routes Caribbean Adventures Montego Bay, responded to this review, 20 March 2014
Thank you so much for your review, Allana. We're thrilled to hear that you and your friends had sucha an incredible experience on our Catamaran Cruise! We can't wait to welcome you again for another exciting tour!

LIVE FUNNER!!!