What a great getaway my fiance and I enjoyed at Secret's St. James.
Our pleasant surprises were:
1) Finlandia Vodka at all Bars
2) Grey Goose Vodka at the Lobby Bar
3) The staff was not obnoxiously pressing us for tips
4) The room was beautiful and there was a TV speaker in the bathroom
5) We got some "adult" channels
6) The coffee at the espresso bar was real blue mountain coffee
7) Instead of having to sit down for lunch everyday you could wait until the jerk chicken cart came around
8) The pool bar serves specialty shots at the swim up bar (try "mexican desert" or "monkey brain" shots)
9) Although we didnt do any the prices for the excursions were very reasonable. I think a 1/2 day at Dun's River Falls in Ocho Rios was under $70/person
10) The food may not have been Ritz Carlton Quality however there were 7 or 8 restaurants (maybe even more) and there was plenty of variety for anything you were in the mood for.
11) Fresh cracked coconuts with rum served at a poolside cart daily.
12) Very clean rooms & common areas
13) Room service cubbyholes (so people dont have to put their dirty room service dished on the hallway floor)
Some Unpleasant Surprises
1) The food, although good, wasn't great
2) Not enough pool lounge chairs
3) No one told me that men needed long pants for dinner so I had to buy a pair in the gift shop
4) Casino was small & machines only (God only knows what the odds are on those things!)
5) Transportation upon arrival via JTL tours was slow. Our driver putz around the airport for an hour before he brought us to the hotel. That really pissed us off bad. Then the driver had the nerve to ask for a tip "how bout a little something for the driver?". I would recommend booking a different transit company or just tell your travel agent not to arrange airport transfer with JTL.
6) The "beach area" was rather small & did not have a bar.
7) We had a late flight coming home so we intended on paying an upcharge for late checkout because it said on the brochure that it was available. When we called to notify them we would like a late checkout we were told that it was not available because of the amount of guests checking in. Well.......don't offer it as an option if you are only willing to honor it when it's convienent for you.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelbag, Ebookers, Priceline, Booking.com, Holiday Gems, Hotels.com, LoveHolidays, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Secrets St. James Montego Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Secrets St James Hotel Montego Bay