“Great All Around Service”

Secrets St. James Montego Bay
Ranked #11 of 63 Hotels in Montego Bay
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
“Great All Around Service”
Reviewed 4 November 2011

From the time you get there until the time you leave nothing but good service! Also our bell boy captain Oneil was awesome! Can't wait to visit again!

• Stayed October 2011
1 Thank Monique801

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,346)
  • Czech first
New York City, New York
Reviewed 3 November 2011

My girlfriend and I went down to Jamaica a few weeks ago and it was the first time she has been outside of the United States. She booked the entire trip as a birthday present for me so I had no idea where we would be staying. Once we got to the hotel i knew it was going to be a great trip! I have been to Puerto Rico, Vieques, Cancun, Puerto Vallarta, St. Croix, Rome, Florence, Venice, Naples, Sicily, Athens & Tel Aviv, but this was my first time to Jamaica, and Secrets was the best hotel/resort I have ever stayed in. The service was unbeievable! Everyone of the employees has a smile on their face at all times and are more than happy to help you with any question or service that you may require. Marlon the bell boy was particularly helpful. Anything we needed we could be sure Marlon could help us out. Our flight was delayed 10 hours and we had already checked out but he went out of his way to ask his boss to give us a courtesy room free of charge until we could leave for the airport. Need I say more?

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Reggie718NYC
New Jersey
Reviewed 3 November 2011

Secrets is a very nice hotel with one big problem: they don't have a buffet every night. If the buffet is closed, and it usually is, you are forced into a long dining experience at one of the few restaurants, all of which have limited menus.

Every all inclusive resort should have the buffet option every night. On a recent visit the buffet was scheduled to be open on only 3 nights. Then one of those nights it was closed. Fix this and you'd have a very nice place to stay. Otherwise go to the Hilton where you can eat what you like every night.

Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank callmps
Reviewed 3 November 2011

This was a 25 year anniversary trip for my wife and I. We have never traveled outside the U.S. We booked this trip through our local travel agent. We thought about a cruise and thought that we would rather take a 3 hour flight from charlotte NC to Jamaica for all inclusive!!! We were not disappointed!! The drinks and food were abundant. No charges just tips. They will sing to you on the beach and play you a song for a small tip. We loved the calm water. Beautiful, clear greens and blues. We kayaked and it was like being on a lake. We have never snorkeled. Once we tried it, we went everyday. You will love the beautiful coral, multi colored fish and amazing starfish. We also took a catamaran cruise at dusk. We danced and partied to great music! What a time.! We would like to move to Secrets Saint James. Staff was great. One complaint was that it seemed like it was so hard to get a 20 broke for tips. Desks should have change!

Room Tip: I could never get the room cool enough. I hear that this is preset and can not be lowered. We stayed...
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
canada
Reviewed 2 November 2011

This was the best trip to Jamaica we have ever been, stayed at Half Moon and lots of hotels in Oche and none compare. The service was excellent and the food at Blue Mountain and Himitsu French & Italian were just okay nothing special but the other 2 were spectacular. Would go back in a minute and planning a party of 20 next time. All the staff from management to the cleaning staff are all helpfull. 1st rate Spa . They do close down quite early at the bars but the dico is open late but we are not much for dico so retired early. Will be back Terry & Sharon Prout Lombardy Ontario Canada

Room Tip: You can see the Ocean from all rooms
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank sprout42
Memphis, Tennessee
Reviewed 1 November 2011

I went for a wedding my wife and I, it was about twenty five more people from Memphis,Tn.The stay was every thing I expected from the moment we arrived to the time we left every thing was top of the line, it rain a few days but that didn't stop any thing. Sharol Nelson at the front desk was so professional kept a smile on her face,one of the best thing I enjoyed was the hibachi grill,Marlon the cook was an awesome singer and cook one of the best for me.The resort it self was lovely from the staff,drinks,food and beach.I need to book again for sure.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank gary j
Irvington, New Jersey
Reviewed 31 October 2011

I wanted to try this place because of some pictures that I saw my girlfriend and her boyfriend that had stayed there. My boyfriend & I started off the leg of our vacation right here at Secrets St. James. we checked in, which took a lil while because it was crowded (I guess all the guests showed up all at once) But while we waited we were given champagne, which took the edge off somewhat. After check in we went to our room to relax, which was beautiful and over looking the ocean and some of the hotel property. Our room was very comfortable. It was relaxing and breath taking. We then went for a stroll to check things out a bit. The property is very big. We only spent 2 nights here and needless to say didn't get out of the room for much. We did have dinner that night, which was just OK. Took a few pics and walked around a bit.We had breakfast the next morning. Upon entering the breakfast area, you were served mimosas :-)
They had both American & Jamaican breakfast choices which was great. The food was good.

I must say this, be careful when you are booking. There is the Secrets, Wild Orchid and Secrets, St. James which are located on one property and across from each other. The Wild Orchid seemed to be the more fun and more adult like (more wild). Even the lobby/check in area was very different and much more elaborate than the other. All in all, the service was good, the receptionists were friendly & funny. I would stay again, but just longer :-)

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
Sunscape Splash Montego Bay
#18 of 63 in Montego Bay
Breathless Montego Bay Resort & Spa
Grand Palladium Jamaica Resort & Spa

Been to Secrets St. James Montego Bay? Share your experiences!