“Hospitality of Mr. Vinod Bajaj”

Secrets St. James Montego Bay
Ranked #11 of 63 Hotels in Montego Bay
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Richmond, Canada
“Hospitality of Mr. Vinod Bajaj”
Reviewed 20 July 2012

My wife and I were at Secrets St. James in March of 2012. It was our first time to Jamaica. Secrets St. James was absolutely astonishing. The premise was impeccable, the service was first class, and the staff was courteous and friendly. We had one little issue in the lounge whereby a certain bottle of liquor was empty for a few days. One evening during dinner, Mr. Vinod Bajaj approached us and asked us how our stay was as he was the mangager of services/food and beverages etc. I explained to Mr. Bajaj the minor issue I had. Mr. Bajaj advised that he would rectify the problem at hand immediately. Upon our return to our room there was a bottle of the liquor and mix and chocolates for us. I was amazed at the promptness of Mr. Bajaj hospitality. And for the rest of our stay the lounge was always stocked from this point on. Mr. Vinod Bajaj's professionalism mad our trip even more memorable. We were lucky that he happened be there at the time. Thank you so much. We loved it so much that we are going back there again in October 2012. Let the good times begin.

Mak and Dolly Sandhu
Richmond BC Canada

Room Tip: Ocean view room with a view of the pool is very exhilirating
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Mak S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,346)
  • Czech first
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 20 July 2012

My husband and I were married June 30th and arrived here on the 1st of July~ We had many ideas of where we would originally honeymoon and couldn't be happier that we chose this place. The staff is above and beyond amazing- friendly and willing to help in any way possible- The resort is so perfect we never felt the need to leave and explore. Actually you can explore there- the property is huge! Loved the swim up bar and all of the food was amazing- They require a dress code- which my husband didn't pack for.. we were on our honeymoon and in Jamacia- didn't plan to wear a lot of clothes.. suits- shorts and t shirts was what he packed-- he felt terrible when it came to seeing the dress codes for the resturants-- however-- many people actually packed like that and there wasn't an issue as long as you dressed in something other than your bathing suit- We were here during the 4th of July and they truly went above and beyond to throw a celebration~ Had an amazing time- everything was very clean and the staff was very nice :) Loved it and can't wait to go back for our anniversary!

Room Tip: Loved our room! Great view and everything was wonderful - we wanted tp upgrade to the higher rooms...
4 Thank EandB630
New York City, New York
Reviewed 20 July 2012

amazing people, amazing spa, beaches, property, food .... i can go on and on that why im going back next month :-)

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank ali k
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
Reviewed 20 July 2012

The over all experience was the best. I would make it a top priority to visit again. Everything about my visit was great and the service and the friendliness of the staff was superb. I wouldn't change anything other extending my stay. They made my stay a wonderful and exciting experience. I highly recommend it.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank Sandra O
royersford
Reviewed 19 July 2012

We highly recommend this resort. We stayed at Secrets St. James July 8-15th. It is only ten minutes from the airport. We didn't experience any noise from airplanes. We have been to the Caribbean eleven times. This is the best resort that we have visited. The entire staff is extremely friendly, and they provide excellent service. The food is a little better than the other resorts that we have visited. The beach is excellent, and there are plenty of umbrellas. The rooms are very nice and the bed is very comfortable. The only negative is that the lounge chairs on the beach need pads, because they are too hard. We will definitely go back to Secrets St. James.

3 Thank Mark D
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 19 July 2012

When I first came to the resort I was so happy that me and my boyfriend decided to stay there. We received a beautiful room with a beautiful view and the staff was very nice. It would have been horrible if we stayed on the first floor. Everyone can see into your room. When you first arrive they say “Welcome Home,” it was nice to here. TheThere were a few problems since it is a new resort, but nothing that would make the resort a bad place to stay. They even have woodcarvers on the property who make the most beautiful things that I have ever seen. We even decided to stay for a few extra days. WHAT A BIG MISTAKE! As the week went on it went from amazing to unbearable down to the last day. First, if the staff does something wrong they automatically make it out to be your fault. They usually say “The customer is always right”, well here its “The customer is always wrong.” The front desk people and management were the worst of them all. They need to take a class in communication. They first told us that for the next two days to stay it will cost an extra $80 of what we paid since we were going to be upgraded. Then when we went to paid they were charging us triple of what we paid and when we told them that was triple they told us that they never said that and it was our fault. I wish I did not change the airline reservations. Then there was a problem with my card due to the 4th of July holiday, and it would not allow us to pay for the last day. Well they first said that they understood the situation and they would charge us the Monday after we left. Then when my boyfriend went downstairs to the front desk to ask them what they needed from us to be charged the Monday they said no that was not true and there was nothing they can do for us and if the card does not work by 12pm then we will be kicked out of the hotel. When we said that we do not have anywhere to go they said that we don’t care. We ruined a day trying to figure everything out. I know if I was home then I would not have to worry about getting kicked out. Luckily, my bank was able to clear everything up for us, so we had a place to stay. The website states that the restaurants do not accept reservations, well that is a complete lie. The Japanese restaurant requires a reservation if you want to sit in front of the chefs. When I went to another restaurant we waited for 10 mins to be seated, but when the hostess came up to seat us a person came up in front of us and said she had reservations, so the hostess seated her first so we left. The other restaurants were OK except the Mexican restaurant, which was horrible. The shops will rip you off too. I brought a bag in one of the stores said they said no returns, well it was a low light in the store and when I saw my bag in the sunlight it was completely dirty. I spent 15 mins cleaning the bag. Room service was horrible. We had to wait TWO HOURS for a cup of fruit, a piece of cake, and a plate of nachos. The beach was beautiful, but there was a glass cup on the beach that I almost stepped on. The resort offers a bike tour where you see different sites outside the resort which was great at first, but then we were taken to a souvenir shop the woman there was trying to sell us everything in her store. I wanted to see the area, not to be hassled in buying things even water. We spent more time in the store then seeing the city. They give you the option to rent a car when you first get there, well when we went to the place on the property who rents out the cars they told us that they will not have any cars available for over TWO MONTHS!! Also, I was approached to spend 90 mins learning how to save money at all of their resorts and receive $200 in coupons, well when I talked to another couple they told me that they went & all they wanted to do is to run the credit of everyone there. Even on the way to the airport another guest was complaining about the service all the way there and they stayed in the preferred club rooms. IT WAS HORRIBLE.DO NOT STAY HERE OR ANY SECRETS RESORTS!!

12 Thank C C
Plano, Texas
Reviewed 18 July 2012

This is another reason why adults should travel to a Secrets property. It sits on some absolutly beautiful beach. There are 9 different pools to choose from. Everything from very quiet to jumping hot with a swim up bar.
The drinks are top shelf all the way. They even had Crown Royal for me. The rooms were really nice. We upgraded to the prefered side for a few bucks more. It had a loung with constantly changing buffets. Our suite had a breathtaking view of the ocean.
The bathrooms were very elegant. They even has a butler's box. This is so when you areder roomservice, included, they just put it in this box and you open it on the inside never being disturbed! So cool.
We cannot wait to go back.

4 Thank PlanoTravler
Sunscape Splash Montego Bay
#18 of 63 in Montego Bay
Breathless Montego Bay Resort & Spa
Grand Palladium Jamaica Resort & Spa

Been to Secrets St. James Montego Bay? Share your experiences!