“An amazing place to relax”

Secrets St. James Montego Bay
Ranked #11 of 63 Hotels in Montego Bay
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Lincoln, UK
“An amazing place to relax”
Reviewed 21 November 2013 via mobile

We booked a week in October as an excuse to chill out completely. The reviews we had read suggested that Secrets would be special. We were not disappointed. Every inch the luxury resort, we loved the highly attentive and friendly service. The restaurants have small, beautifully cooked menus and the portion sizes were perfect. The Asian restaurant is the pinnacle - food cooked to perfection by a singing chef in front of your very eyes.

Every inch of the resort was cleaned to perfection every morning and the pools were the cleanest we have ever seen.

Fresh fruit juice and iced towels in the gym sum up the elegance.

Would we go back? YES!

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,369)
  • Czech first
stevenage
Reviewed 21 November 2013

Thank you to all at Secrets for making our 30th wedding aniversary a great break.

The staff were all brilliant and room service was prompt and good quality. we tried all the restraunts and most of the bars....waitress service for cocktails on the beach was most unexpected and welcome.

Rooms were large and clean.linen and beds extremely comfy.

We only wandered off site once in the whole 11 days to play golf which is just about the only activity not provided.

this is a superb resort which i wholeheartedly recommend...only problem was i gained 10lbs in 11 days!

Beaches are clean and swept daily. this place is far enough away from the airport that the noise does not bother and not too far for a long haul transfer.

A great place to unwind, sleep, eat drink get a tan, swim and reconnect.

Room Tip: 4th or fifth floor for a good view...lifts are plentifull and quick
2 Thank Dollysdad
Philadelphia
Reviewed 20 November 2013

Although the hotel had some minor problems (I thought it was actually older than it turned out to be) with some sliding doors not working, front door not working and lighting in bathroom poor, overall the people were so so nice and it was a beautiful location. The pools were well maintained and the entertainment was FABULOUS. We were so impressed with the latter. We had a wonderful trip, despite tiny annoyances.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends

New York City, New York
Reviewed 20 November 2013

Our stay at Secrets St James exceeded our expectations in every way possible. My boyfriend and I have traveled a lot and in many different ways. We knew what to expect from an all-inclusive. But everything about St James blew us away. It is so close to the airport that I was worried it wouldn't feel secluded enough, but when you turn the corner it is like it's own private lagoon. The staff is friendly, welcoming, and attentive. All went above and beyond to make sure we had a great stay and that we were comfortable. The room we stayed in was unreal. We upgraded to the preferred club and could not have been happier. The quieter, more romantic beach and pool was fantastic. Our room was beautiful, sleek, modern and comfortable, with a jacuzzi tub and a huge, insanely comfortable bed. The ocean view was breathtaking. Since we did have a day or two of rain, we enjoyed the spa and I HIGHLY recommend that! So relaxing, amazing facility and service! We live and NYC and I am a little bit of a food snob, and I have to say that the food was fantastic, way better than any all-inclusive I've ever stayed at. The wine was very good as well. The shows they do at night are great too, not as corny as other places and very talented musicians and performers. Overall, if you are thinking about visiting Jamaica, you would be crazy to try any other resort!

Room Tip: If they offer a good deal for the upgrade to preferred, take it! Much quieter area of the resort.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank jps11488
New York
Reviewed 20 November 2013

This resort is stellar. The pools, the beaches, the food, the entertainment, the rooms, it is all as good as it gets from an all inclusive resort. I would Highly recommend this resort to my clients and I would love to come visit again in the near future.

Syracuse, Ny
Reviewed 20 November 2013

I had an absolutely wonderful time at this resort! I felt right at home and very well taken care of. At the same time I never felt bothered and was able to get all the rest I needed!!!

Can not wait to go back!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends

Dubuque
Reviewed 19 November 2013

They went Above and Beyond- first we did an Apple Square deal 6 apples Montego Bay- before we went we were told 90% of the time we would be here so I planned like we were staying here. I went on the Facebook Page and commented about spending our Honeymoon there in a few weeks. Caulette (admin) replied can't wait for your visit.

We arrived and we're escorted into the lobby and sat down immediately Marlon got us some Mimosas and we were checked in and given a 15% off Spa and Champagne Breakfast for our Honeymoon.

We were on the 5th floor so we had great views- our Door had a FB Friend sign and a Honeymoon sign. We had a towel design and rose petals on the bed, and within minutes a staff member came up with a bottle of wine and 2 glasses for us.

The food was great- Dont have the seafood tacos at the Sea Side Restaurant though. All the reviews that say everything is soo far yada yada. We laughed when we got there and thought ohh soo far. Also you need to ignore the negative reviews, life is what you make it people. We had to wait an hr for the french restaurant (Worth it) so we had a few drinks, and when we were seated a glass of wine shattered at the stem, the lady was so snotty and rude to the workers it was then I realized there are people that nothing makes you happy (by the way it didnt spill on her at all)

We took out the Kayaks and went Snorkling twice- we also did the Jamacian cooking class and learning Patwah with Cassie. We loved this it was actually one of my favorite dishes because I love Jerk flavoring but some of it is so spicy this one we could control the heat!

Sparks was our Girl- and all the entertainment staff are great I would recommend getting to know at least one of them!

Bartenders- Michael at the St. James pool is so shy, but we loved him makes a great drink try the Cotton Candy or an Ice Berg. O'neil at the piano bar makes one hell of a strong drink so I dont know where people were saying drinks we're weak. We did hear some people just order double rum as well its not that hard to ask for more. More Coke No Joke!

Some of my minor negaitves- we felt like there wasnt enough waitstaff around the beach and entertainment areas- and they were more likely to go to a group rather than the couples (I understand this, but it was so much quicker for us to get up and go to the bar) As for tipping we tipped, but I felt like it wasn't needed, I didn't feel like we got better or worse service when we didnt tip. The people off the resorts are strong on asking for tips but the people in the resort not so much most of the women acutally were walking away before you could tip.

I would have liked some booze in our room as well they had some weird beer (I didnt understand why not red stripe?)

oh and just an FYI going this time of year Nov 11-17 the St. James pool gets a lot of afternoon shade so if you are looking for a lot of sun hit the beach or head over to the Wild Orchid pool. Both pools had a quiet side and an activity side.

2 Thank Codi P
Zoetry Montego Bay Jamaica
Zoetry Montego Bay Jamaica
#18 of 63 in Montego Bay
Holiday Inn Resort Montego Bay

Been to Secrets St. James Montego Bay? Share your experiences!