Secrets St. James Montego Bay
  • Pool
  • Room Service
Royal Reef(Montego Bay)
View Hotel
Altamont West Hotel(Montego Bay)
View Hotel
The Tallyman Hotel(Montego Bay)
6,840 results
All reviewspreferred clubpiano barwild orchidjerk chickenroom servicemarlin barworld cafesecrets resortpreferred poolour honeymoonfrench restaurantseaside grillel patiohibachi grillchampagne breakfastromantic dinnerturn down service
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 25 February 2014

We just returned from a long weekend @ Secrets St. James. Overall, it was wonderful! I highly recommend this resort for couples or friends who want to relax and are not looking to party every evening.

We are 36 years old and it was a perfect getaway from our busy lives and son. The flight was great, the airport staff are helpful and kind and the hotel was fantastic! I highly recommend a private transfer to the hotel. It is just you and a driver. You do not need to stop at a ton of hotels on the way. Worth it!

Food: overall good! I have been to many all-inclusive resorts and the food at the hotel was good! Breakfast was nice and the restaurants were good. The beef was OK, but we enjoyed everything else. The house wine is not good at all, but there were other options and you can buy a bottle and use a coupon that you receive upon check-in. I really enjoyed the Jamaican Jerk Chicken Cart. The chicken was wonderful. I also enjoyed the Seaside Grill and the French Restaurant. The ambiance was amazing and the service at all of the restaurants was great. Troy and StacyAnn were both excellent as they were polite, kind and professional.

Nightlife- there is nightlife every-night, however it is not a resort that you can go to and party all night. The nightlife was fun, relaxing and professionally run. The view as you sit by the piano bar is amazing and I enjoyed the live music, drinks and looking at the stars.

Room- the room was great. Clean, cool and inviting. We did have an issue with the safe- battery ran out- and we waited over an hour for someone to fix it. Needless to say, we did not wait and it was never fixed. This was the last day, so we just kept the privacy light on and did not want to waste an hr or two waiting for a battery change. If it has been earlier in the trip, we would have waited.

Pool and beach- clean, fun and busy! The resort was crowded and you did need to reserve seats and chairs. However, we were up by 8am and had no issues. If you like water sports, ask for Jermaine. He was great!

Grounds- clean, always being manicured and spacious.

Downside: We had just checked in and had woken up at 3am and had not even seen the room yet... We were sat down for a talk about the preferred club and how they wanted us to attend a breakfast the next morning at 8:30 am. OK, this is the first time I am at your resort, I am tired and I am not going to join a club that requires me to wake up, on my first day and spend 2 hours with you about your vacation club. I am 36 years old and do not have any interest in a club or spending a ton of money on one. A couple we spoke to said it was $19,000 to join. OK, while you do get a ton of great benefits, I am not paying that amount of money on anything. This was the only real issue and annoying factor about the hotel.

Overall, I would go back in a heartbeat and decline the offer to spend a ton of money on vacation club.

1  Thank discoprincess
Reviewed 25 February 2014

This was our 1st stay at this resort and our 5th time to beautiful Jamaica. The resort is beautiful - meticulous detailing of the landscape - breathtaking floral colors with the purplish blue Caribbean as backdrop. Sunbathing on the beach or by one of the many pools was quite relaxing. The service was tops in hospitality. Everyone seemed to enjoy their work and enjoy the guests. The weather was perfect. There are several restaurants to choose from - cuisine was good but not great. Drinks were plentiful; great jerk chicken cart in the afternoon and fruit cart; every day started with the warm and wonderful service of Clive at breakfast! We hated to leave but we will return. A really big thank you to Marlene Dixon, front desk manager - she is incredibly efficient, warm, welcoming and goes above and beyond to assist her guests!

Room Tip: We stayed in the main area and the Preferred section. Go for the Preferred - it adds to the amazing experience.
Reviewed 24 February 2014

Before we decided to go to Secrets Montego Bay we read the reviews and wanted to choose somewhere real special.
The employees are the best .. so many to mention , I know they are now my Secrets family .. Dane the Restaurant Mgr who looked out every night for us , Chris Rose - the doorman who told us that he is the only life rose - he is so funny and helpful and welcome us home with the towels and Champagne. Beaneatte the housekeeper who filled our jacuzzi every night .. So romantic.
But the most professional , and helpful employee was Bernadette Dunn- the shop Mgr who made everything for us so flawless and especial. She is like an angel and made us feel that nothing was a bother or problem for her .. With the most beautiful smile from the early morning till late at nigth when she will still be there for us with any question .
Bernadette helped me on the first day when I was under the weather . She took me over to the Essentials shop and showed me what I needed then carried me to the Bar and instructed me to take took some ginger ale , lime and bitters to help my stomach . In a jiff I felt better and decided to perk myself up with a new outfit.. Wow.. Some gorgeous clothing where I would not find back home and such excellent quality with suitable merchandise with suitable prices for all. Bernadette and her staff including Kelmar, Carville &Mel made it so much fun to shop , I came by everyday just to say hi and shopped every time . Bernadette would say "are you feeling Irie today because I have a special gift for our valued guests addressing us by our names too. The words and genuine concern made me want to stop by everyday .... didn't have to go anywhere else to shop . The stores have everything
You need... Even though we went to the Hiptrip in the day and Margaritaville & Blue Beat at nigth.Everyone wants to sell you the weird stuff and push it into your face. We do not like to be hasselled.We preferred staying in the hotel as we had wonderful time every nigth , so much entertainment . The disco and shows. My favorite Restaurants too were Bordeaux.Portofino & Himitsu. The food and service and the staff too were great. we also enjoyed The Mobay Lounge at the airport which was a nice touch to end our vacation . Secrets we be back "one Love... Two heart.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Yisel M
Reviewed 24 February 2014

We have travelled extensively, however this short vacation at the Secrets Resorts &Spa was exceptional. We stayed in St. James. The staff, food, landscape & the shopping were fabulous. Above everyone else Bernadette at the boutique stands out as the most helpful staff member since we stopped in only to browse and she helped us even to suggest some good tours since we we were a party group for a few days. She recommended us to the Cool Runnings Tour. & the Falls and a few others. We had a blast

Her help and concerns to ensure that everything was in place as we were celebrating our Anniversary is commendable. The Housekeeping department also had our room clean and nice daily.
Even though we never really came to shop.. we did and picked up some beautiful sexy clothing all for myself and we went over to the other Secrets shops and bought that great jerk sauce and some souvenirs to take back. The staff there too were so friendly and helpful.
I want to go back again with some friends next year.. Secrets and the staff are the best

Room Tip: I was on the 3rd floor and the view was amazing. Taking in consideration that they have 24 H room service we had our breakfast at the privacy of our balcony overlooking the ocean.
1  Thank Yadira H
Reviewed 24 February 2014

Our second stay, the Butler Service was outstanding. They treated us like royalty. The grounds are perfectly groomed and the beach is fantastic. The restaurants were 1st class and great quality of food. The entire staff is upbeat and friendly, most of which sing aloud through out the day. We love this place

1  Thank pete0308