Secrets St. James Montego Bay
Secrets Wild Orchid Montego Bay(Montego Bay)(Great Value!)
US$535
US$517
  • Breakfast included
Hyatt Zilara Rose Hall(Rose Hall)(Great Value!)
US$988
Holiday Inn Resort Montego Bay(Montego Bay)(Great Value!)
US$263
US$220
  • Breakfast included
Iberostar Grand Hotel Rose Hall(Rose Hall)(Great Value!)
US$525
Iberostar.com
  • Breakfast included
Iberostar Rose Hall Suites(Rose Hall)(Great Value!)
US$519
Iberostar.com
  • Breakfast included
Round Hill Hotel & Villas(Hopewell)(Great Value!)
US$357
US$336
  • Pool
Sunscape Splash Montego Bay(Montego Bay)(Great Value!)
US$289
US$231
  • Breakfast included
Half Moon(Rose Hall)(Great Value!)
US$581
US$541
Hilton Rose Hall Resort & Spa(Rose Hall)(Great Value!)
US$415
US$258
  • Pool
Hyatt Ziva Rose Hall(Rose Hall)(Great Value!)
US$1,587
Hotelpower.com
6,901 results
All reviewspreferred clubpiano barwild orchidjerk chickenroom servicemarlin barworld cafesecrets resortpreferred poolour honeymoonfrench restaurantseaside grillel patiohibachi grillchampagne breakfastromantic dinnerturn down service
Reviewed 16 April 2014

Just back from a great vacation at Wild Orchid. This resort is absolutely beautiful. Very clean and great service. The only downfall was the night life. Unless you are there to absolutely relax, I wouldn't recommend this resort. Little bored at nighttime. Who wants to sit around a bomb fire and sing love songs. There was entertainers but nothing exciting, you can also sit around a piano and sing the same songs over and over every night as well.
Yeah I guess I really didn't like the night life at all.

Room to Improve:
Provide free Internet access to all guests.
Get rid of Ultimate Vacation Club upsell. This was very annoying at check in time.
Keep the Barefoot Grill open after 5 p.m.
Make sure all bartenders are consistent with the alcoholic beverages (nothing should be "watered down," especially in this hotel class at this price).

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Renee P
Reviewed 16 April 2014

Secrets St James was the first all inclusive resort I have ever stayed at. I knew what to expect ahead of time about the "resort experience". At Secrets, all of my expectations were blown away. The accommodations at the resort are luxurious. I especially enjoyed the outdoor jacuzzi on our room's balcony. All staff were friendly, extremely competent, and always eager to help with any requests. The grounds of the resort are stunning and very well maintained. The resort is right on the beach with plenty of seating/lounging space. Servers come by very frequently for drink orders.

Even though secluded in a resort, there were ample activities to keep us busy for the eight full days that we were there. Activities that we enjoyed include beach yoga, tennis, kayaking, snorkeling, table tennis, badminton, spa treatments, and much more!

This was a wonderful vacation, and I would recommend staying at Secrets St. James to anyone!

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Corey T
Reviewed 15 April 2014

I am a bit late on reviewing this resort, but better late than never! My boyfriend and I still talk about this resort and plan to return! We would recommend this resort to anyone visiting Jamaica. First plus- it is a close ride from the airport- the rest is just pure luxury. There is not one thing we did not love about this resort. The beaches, pools, restaurants, bars, entertainment, and staff were all AMAZING. The beach and pools are kept very clean. There is such a variety of food you never get sick of one thing- and it is quality food! Even the breakfast is amazing. Our favorite restaurant was the Italian restaurant. There was never a delay in getting a drink- and the drinks were perfect. I am not big on mixed drinks or different kinds of flavored drinks but i fell in love with the Bob Marley drink! Entertainment every night was incredible. There is a such a variety of music and events. During our stay, we enjoyed a parade, oldies nights (which although we are young, we love), a talent show which involved talent from guests staying at the resort, and all different live bands! Just writing this review is making me want to go back right now. The staff was so friendly and we truly fell in love with the Jamaican culture. I would recommend the excursion- Jamaican Bob-sledding- we had a blast! The rooms were immaculate and the resort is well-maintained. It was the most comfortable bed I have ever slept in. The view from our balcony was breath-taking. I definitely recommend this resort to everyone- it is worth Every Penny! Best vacation we ever took!

Room Tip: Ocean-view room is perfect
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Kate K
Reviewed 15 April 2014

I rarely gush about anything, let alone enough to write multiple messages of thanks (I'm a 29 year old guy who is more used to a reserved British smile and nod to show appreciation rather than the flamboyant show of emotion that my American friends are fond of!) but I really do need to show my gratitude for this place.

We nearly didn't book to come to Secrets as it was over our budget for a holiday, but after seeing the place and the reviews we knew we had to force ourselves to save even harder to make it happen and it was SO worth it! We stayed in St James for 10 nights in March 2014.

The resort was everything we could ever have wanted- when people ask me what it was like I genuinely respond with one word...."paradise". From the beautiful rooms and gorgeous landscaping, to the stunning beaches (best on the island in our opinion, even better than in Negril!) and fantastic entertainment and the staff, oh the wonderful staff who MADE it a dream to be there. And let's not forget the food... it blew our minds! Escargot flamed with Pernot in a pastry-topped dish followed by fillet steak with lobster tail on our first night set the bar and it continued to deliver! You should have seen the look on our faces on the flight home when we realised that we'd soon have to cook our own meals!! Every single aspect of the resort was perfect, and has given us so many stories and photographs that we are still finding great tales to share with friends and family!

I could rave all day about the resort but you should just know it's incredible- from the big stuff like the fab pools, bars and restaurants, to the little touches like the amazing jerk hut and guys cleaning the paths, painting them and emptying the rubbish bins throughout the day. It all made us feel like we were in a pristine paradise ready for a photoshoot at any minute- which reminds me, this is the first place we've been to where every photo in the brochure is what it is actually like in real life!!!

Your wonderful staff deserve a special mention- as I said earlier, they MADE it a dream to be there. So many people were fantastic to be around, the constant smiles, the immaculate presentation of drinks, food and products, their helpfulness that knew no bounds- it says something when we would have loved for every single member staff to have joined us for a meal or a drink! Marcia and her concierge team deserve a huge thanks, Fresh Prince, Bruce and Blue from the entertainment team were brilliant, Alwayne and Dunholm in the pool bars were outstanding, Oraldo and Denica were superb and lovely at the breakfast and lunch service, Osani was funny at the Himitsu show-cooking, Omar was so genuine and warm when we spoke as he tended to the gardens and the parrots, and Chris Brown was hilarious when helping us with our luggage when we first arrived! Oh and all of the fantastic reception team should be congratulated on outstanding service- please can they put up with the cold and come to the UK to teach the hotel staff here how to treat customers?! And not to forget all the hard working staff working behind the scenes who prepared the outstanding food and helped keep our room sparkling clean- they are unsung heroes too.

This is the first resort of this calibre we have been to, and it has set the bar so high that I'm now seriously worried about how I can top it for our honeymoon! Which reminds me- the concierge staff were absolutely superb in helping me organise a truly stunning proposal to my girlfriend that has wowed everyone and set us on our next journey together. A big thank you again for Marcia and her fantastic team- they helped me give my fiance the magic moment she dreamed of, and with the photographs they helped organise (he was hiding so he could capture the moment uninterrupted and without giving anything away!) we have a rare treat in that we can share the moment with our friends and family. And it's the nice surprises like the bottle of champagne and cheese and fruit platter waiting for us in our room the day after we got engaged- we felt like Royalty!

This is also the first time where we have gone to leave a hotel and felt that feeling of sadness and disappointment in our stomachs that you only get when you leave somewhere you feel truly comfortable, welcome and loved- like when you leave home. And that is what they always try to do (and always achieve)- to make us feel like Secrets is our home.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
9  Thank Richard H
Reviewed 14 April 2014

We just returned from our honeymoon at Secrets Saint James. We stayed for 7 nights and enjoyed each and every day. We loved the pool, the beach and of course the drinks and yummy food. There were a couple of things we didnt care for too much..service was pretty slow at the restaurants especially the Italian. We did not enjoy lunch too much, other than the jerk chicken cart and the empanadas at Barefoot Grill were really good! Also, Im pretty sure this is not the resorts fault but our last two days went from romantic to "spring break" with rowdy, loud, drunk and very rude people beginning to check in. There were times when I thought that seeing children at the resort would be better than the "adults" who were acting like children. Dont get me wrong, we drank and had a great time but some people were really starting to get on our nerves. We wanted a romantic honeymoon not a resort filled with spring breakers just looking to party. If we could have spent the extra money to stay at preferred just to have the quieter pool we would have. Sometimes even the entertainment at the pool was getting a little obnoxious. There were times I just wanted to hear reggae music and relax not someone screaming over a microphone. If you begin to encounter this type of group while on your trip, there a plenty of quiet areas on the beach that you can escape to. Our entire week was really great and we met wonderful people, just the last two days started to change our mood a bit. If you want that romantic quiet spot on the beach, go down about 7am to put your towels down, they do fill up fast. We did the bob marley tour and LOVED it. If you love bob, then this is a must see. We also used Jaital for our airport transfer to and from the resort. I highly recommend using them!! They were prompt and very friendly. We really enjoyed our trip overall, just a few bumps here and there.

Room Tip: Request a high level room for better views!
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple