“Great property!” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Chicago
“Great property!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014

I've been to several of the Secrets properties in Mexico and was afraid this one wouldn't live up to the others, but I was very wrong! I visited with 4 girlfriends to celebrate our 40th birthdays and we had an amazing time. The property is absolutely stunning! So many neat little places to take in the views of the turquoise water and Jamaica itself. And the staff was so friendly and tons of fun to hang out with at the pool - especially our new friends Alex, Sean, Owayne, and Al. The food was delicious, too. The jerk chicken cart was delicious and we really enjoyed the lobster at Bordeuax. My favorite part was the outdoor entertainment by the water, that you could also see/hear while dining outside at Bordeaux or Portofino. The views, music, and food were really something. I can't wait to bring my husband back!

2 Thank leavinchitown

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,286)
  • Czech first
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014

We had a fabulous time at Secrets. The rooms, the drinks and staff were great. As Preferred Guests we were able to take advantage of the amenities on the preferred side even though our rooms were not there. The beach was a little rocky which may stem from the retaining walls that they are putting up. We were in close proximity to Sumfest which was the reason for our visit. There could have been more variety in food choices at the buffet and during Sumfest, I would suggest extending the time for the all night buffet to 6am as that is when most are returning from Sumfest. Once again another good time at Secrets!

3 Thank MarieCWJ
Winston Salem, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014

Very nice and clean resort. The staff was very helpful and pleasant. The food was excellent. Beautiful rooms and a beautiful beach. I loved the cooking classes, jewelry making class, and the club on the resort. I will come back again.

Clinton Township, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014

By far, this was the best trip I've taken! I have told everyone about this resort and would recommend this resort to anyone! There are a variety of food options (Japanese, Jamaican, Mexican, Italian, etc.) and the food was good! The staff were very helpful and extremely nice and welcoming. Their hospitality was amazing! The rooms were clean and the resort itself was clean. The various activities on the resort kept you busy and entertained especially if you didn't want to venture off the resort. Resort is perfect for couples or anyone taking a "girls" trip or "guys" trip. The front desk staff, Renae, made this an unforgettable birthday by providing me with extra accommodations. The staff on the resort really knows customer service! Every staff person I've encountered during my stay were so friendly and helpful! It's only about 20 min from the airport. Free wifi! I wouldn't change anything and there are no complaints on my end. I am definitely going back to visit and will be staying at this resort!

Room Tip: I had an ocean front room on the higher levels and loved it. I had a perfect view of the ocean. I...
      Location
1 Thank Deborah W
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014

Beautiful property with well kept grounds and facilities. Spectacular views of Mobay and the sunset! Groundskeeper staff started mowing lawn and shrubs at 8am which was a little annoying, but I guess they have to do it sometime right? Front desk staff were warm and friendly. There was a slight room mix up, however Chanel at the front desk did a great job of making up for it. Wait staff and bell hops were a little too overly flirtatious – I’m on vacation to escape the cat calls from horny men – but no one was rude or disrespectful. The food was pretty good, especially in room dining, Bordeaux and Hibachi. Excellent time at Hibachi! Blue Mountain’s Jamaican cuisine did not impress….trust me, the chicken at the jerk chicken cart is 10 times better! I’ll miss that cart!!! Overall I highly recommend this resort! Can’t wait to stay at another Secrets location!

1 Thank Kat C
Newark, Delaware
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014 via mobile

My fiancé and another couple stayed at the amazing Secrets St James Montego Bay from July 19 to 26 and don't regret a single second. From the beautiful landscaping to the vibrant nightlife this is a can't miss place to vacation. The food was hot delicious and diverse, the drinks were cold refreshing and top shelf, and the people were simply incredible. To say the staff was accommodating would be an understatement. These people worked their tails off to make every moment fun for us. Special shout outs to the entertainment team, specifically Mello, Alex, Herbie, Shawn, and the amazing hardworking pool bartender Chrisna. Without genuine people like them this could be just another resort, but they helped make it special. We are planning on having our wedding there in 2016 and I would recommend this resort to anyone. 5 stars.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Brianc04
Upper Marlboro, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014

Secrets St James is a beautiful resort, great food with a great staff. The staff make you feel welcome and right at home. Sharon Nelson at the St James Preferred made our stay extra special . It was nice to be so warmly greeted by name each and every day with the most pleasant and genuine smile I have seen. Michael hitchman, Christopher, Nalini Tasheka also added something extra special.

My friends and I dined at all the restaurants, food was great favorite was World Cafe and Bordeaux the beach beautiful and relaxing I will definitely be going back for a yearly girls getaway.

The beds were very comfortable and rooms nicely cleaned.

Room Tip: All rooms are beautiful, whether you are staying in a regular suite or preferred suite. The beds ar...
1 Thank Lady R