“Fantastic” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
jamaica
“Fantastic”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2014

Our stay at the Secrets St. James pref club was amazingly worth every penny, from the Staff to the service and great food,the entire property was breath taking,we absolutely love this resort..the front desk staff made us feel like celebrities,they always complimented us and made us feel welcomed..Shanneil and Sharol were our favorites, bar staff are very skilled people and handled themselves well with liquor. We definately would love to go back and are already planning our next visit...

2 Thank taylor7777

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,289)
  • Czech first
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2014

The beach at this resort is amazing! The fact that you can snorkel right at the resort is great. It was quiet, the room was nice. Food portions were a little small, we just ordered more food after we found out portion sizes. The staff was friendly and very helpful. Lots of tours to go on.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank KVacc
Frederick
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2014

Wife & I stayed in early august 2014. We paid for preferred club before arriving, so they took us to that area for check-in. Check in staff was really pushy about getting us to attend a "90" minute introductory meeting. Got to our room, it was ok at best. But after the first day, our ceiling started leaking. We called front desk & spoke to numerous people about. Finally on the second to last day, the leak become so bad it was unbearable. So I made another complaint & they fixed it within an hour. Restaurants were decent, good was ok, drinks were weak... Worst of all, everywhere I read before hand & every drink menu shows Miller Lite as a beer option. But every bar there said, " we are out"... I would have rated this whole experience as terrible if it wasn't for Leo @ the Wild Orchid pool bar & Winchester, our waiter at Le Bordeaux. I really think you could find a better place to stay!!!

• 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Bucsfan802
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2014

What an amazing place!
From the grounds and views, to the exceptional service and ambiance I was completely blown away.

My friend had planned and paid for our trip months before, but a few days before our departure I had a severe health issue come up that required me to need a spinal epidural injection immediately. I was so depressed at the thought of missing the trip that I decided I would leave no matter what 2 days after the injection.
During my stay I was in a tremendous amount of pain and required both my cane and a wheelchair from the resort. Every employee was so helpful and did everything they could to make my stay comfortable-even taking me directly to my dinner table at the other end of the resort in a small shuttle, and not charging me for the use of the wheelchair.
One employee in particular , Erica sat with me on a few occasions to ask how I was doing and reminding me that I would be well soon and that she was keeping me in her thoughts. It helped me tremendously, she was very upbeat and posetive.
The food at the different restaurants was very delicious. And the 24-hour room service was refreshing.
I couldn't get over those views and the weather was perfect! I am Puerto Rican and know Puerto Rico to be hot and humid and full of biting mosquitoes. I did not see one single mosquito the whole time I was at the resort.
The rooms are beautiful and cleaned spottless. The hallways are open air with sensational views and breezes! My fiance and I are looking into a small wedding once my back recovers completely-just so we can plan a week long honeymoon at Secrets Resort!!

San Jose, Costa Rica
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2014

Was there during my easter vacation and had one of the best experiences ever. All the staff was really kind, helpful, with a big smile all the time.
The hotel has great edificacions, a nice pool, entertaiment and the food was delicious. Stay there just for two nights but I will really love to comeback and stay longer cause is the kind of places where you really get a relaxing time.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
      Sleep Quality
2 Thank Marilyn_CR
Old Bridge, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2014

My husband and I were invited to attend a friend's wedding at a different resort and Secrets priced out perfectly for us (thank god!). Upon our arrival (we stayed from Saturday to Saturday) we upgraded our room for $80/per day, which we were ok with. We spent the day at the beach and by the poolside - it was GREAT! After being in the hot Jamaican sun all day we wanted to come back to a room that was blasting with AC .. when we didn't my husband called to have someone come look - as I went to put away some things I ended up banging my toe against a poorly placed guiderail on the floor and sliced my toe pretty bad .. long story short, the resort fully refunded my room for the upgrade and made our stay so amazing and accommodating. We had a blast with some of the entertainers like Tweety and Alex who were AMAZING!!! The bartenders at the St. James pool (Owayne, Chrisna, and Marlando) made the day so awesome and fun with their delicious drinks and funny toasts. The resort was great, food was good, but the people made the experience. I would 100% recommend this place to ANY group of friends (or couples) who want to get away and just have a great time. It is definitely a fun party atmosphere. I can't wait until we can arrange another vacation here!!!

Room Tip: You don't particularly need to upgrade to gain access to all parts of the hotel. If you do (whic...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Louisiana, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2014

Just got back from secrets st. James a wonderful place! Simone are awesome girl who kept us in plenty of drinks! Alix are waiter was awesome! Junior at the water sports! Was great! We love it here this was are 3 rd time ther always 1 st week of aug! We will be back don't listen to some of bad reviews! Those Type of people just complain for something free! And don't enjoy life ! Life is good enjoy! Everyone removers us when we arrive nd that's makes my week awesome!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
#15 of 61 in Montego Bay
4.5 of 5 bubbles 4,837 reviews
Iberostar Rose Hall Suites
Grand Palladium Jamaica Resort & Spa

Been to Secrets St. James Montego Bay? Share your experiences!