“Great Vacations---LOVED IT” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Secrets St. James Montego Bay

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Secrets St. James Montego Bay
Ranked #10 of 61 Hotels in Montego Bay
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
“Great Vacations---LOVED IT”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2014

I am not sure where to begin!!! First, I want to say that I am not sure where the negative reviewers visited as I could not find one negative thing about Secrets St James. The service was spectacular. The entertainment was right on point and kept you interested. The food was delicious, even though some additional seasoning was needed but I understand that the food has to be prepared to suit everyone. My favorite staff was Wilton--the bartender at Then Piano Bar. His drinks were delicious . Ghalia and Theresa our tour guides on our way to The Bamboo Beach, Dunns River and tubing were awesome and gave a complete history of Jamaica as we drove the city. I absolutely LOVED our stay that we tried to extend our visit but unfortunately no rooms were available. Next time we will do 7 days instead of 5. I highly recommend this resort. We were very pleased!!

3 Thank Terri B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,289)
  • Czech first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2014

I had a fabulous time. This property was better than I even imagined! I am definitely going back and will recommend to many many of my friends. The staff was warm and accommodating esp Denzil. The entertainment was great!

Room Tip: The prefered room upgrade was worth it! All rooms have ocean view
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
SWO_STJconcierge, Manager at Secrets St. James Montego Bay, responded to this review, 1 September 2014
Dear Valued Guest:

I am pleased that your experience exceeded your expectations and even more thankful that our team had the opportunity to host you. Your recommendation of us and your special mention of the staff that positively impacted your stay are most appreciated.

Thank you for having selected our resort and please do visit us again. Glad you loved the entertainment!

Best Regards,
Christina Smith
eConcierge Assistant
TORONTO
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2014

From the immaculate landscaping, to the courteous and prompt service, to the gourmet fresh meals, to the friendly atmosphere and clean rooms........we could find no fault.....Special thanks to our hostess Nicki at St. James Preferred who made us feel welcome and had a great sense of humour. Mr. Rodman whose warm smile and good humour warmed our day, Clive our server at breakfast who was always polite, accomodating and professional, and Delrose the entertainment director who expertly went about her business and made us laugh daily. Everyone else who made us feel comfortable and appreciated, we thank you. The hotel pays attention to every detail. We would have no problem reccommending this fabulous resort to our friends and coleagues. At Secrets it really is NO PROBLEM MON . Secrets is like all hotels should be.

Room Tip: An ocean view offers beautiful sunsets
1 Thank glassmanTORONTO
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2014

My boyfriend and I traveled to Secrets Saint James for vacation. Our trip was awesome. The staff at secrets were so friendly and accommodated us with everything we needed. The hotel was spotless and the views amazing. We stayed in the Preferred Club- it is worth the extra money! It was like we had our own personal pool/hot tub and beach. The extras that come with the preferred package are worth it. The spa was also amazing. There is something to do every hour at the resort. You will not get bored. The MUSIC WAS GREAT at this resort!

Something that is not clear from the website is that Saint James and Wild Orchid are together. If you want quiet, stay in Saint James and walk to Wild Orchid for all the dining/clubs etc. (it is a VERY SHORT WALK). We were very happy we stayed in Saint James as opposed to Wild Orchid just because it is more secluded and quiet. When we wanted a more upbeat atmosphere we walked over to Wild Orchid.

The food was really good for an all inclusive. Some meals were better than others. We had no complaints about this resort and would DEFINITELY go back. The only thing we suggested was that the seats were changed in the showtime room.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2014

My husband and I thought we were done with all-inclusives (after really enjoying Now Jade in Mexico, and thinking Excellence Punta Cana was okay), but decided to plan this last minute trip to Jamaica. We stayed in the preferred club (which we feel is a must at all the resorts with this option- easy anytime access to a private lounge with a buffet of assorted foods without have to 'dine' somewhere, plus higher end beverages that you can make yourself whenever you want-or the staff can do that for you there too).
We ended up enjoying every bit of the trip--beaches are beautiful with views of land and sea, swimming in the ocean is relaxing and you can see tons of fish (we brought our own snorkeling gear too although you can use the resorts IF you go with them on guided snorkeling tours- and only during the tours), food was very good (there were some bland things here and there but overall very good) with tons of options, staff is kind and attentive though not in your face but there when you need something which is perfect for us, and there is live music during the day and evening, along with a decent variety of other entertainment on the resort. We loved the 2 guys that played reggae MWF along the beach and Romaine (hope I spelled that right) the bartender was great! The rooms were nice and we thought the resort was laid out very well - you can walk on the paths along the ocean to go to dinner (and restaurants are only about a 5 minute walk from the St. James side).
This is the first place we have visited where we weren't ready to go home by the end of the trip, and it's the first place we ever thought that we would love to visit again.

Room Tip: St. James is quieter and always ask for a high floor room if you want the best views, although they...
4 Thank celeryann s
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2014

We booked a vacation here for mid august and had absolutely the best time. I have to mention the service. We were upgraded to butler service and had the greatest experience one could imagine. Travis(our butler) was very helpful with anything we needed around the resort and extremely helpful when it came to scheduling excursions around dinner, which all the food was great. The trip wouldnt have been as nice if it werent for the very friendly staff and Travis's profesionalism. If you opt for butler service try to get Travis.

• Stayed August 2014
2 Thank patman87
Dear Valued Guest:

The satisfaction of our guests is our highest priority and so it is quite pleasing to note that your stay was a great one. I am happy that you had the opportunity to experience the superb service of our butlers and particularly pleased that Travis had a great impact on the quality of your stay. I can assure you that your recommendation of him personally has made and will continue to positively impact his work ethics.

Though you did not mention in great detail, I trust that you did enjoy several other aspects of our resort’s service. Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us and please do visit us again.

Best Regards,
Christina Smith
eConcierge Assistant
Union, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2014

I had the opportunity of my life to enjoy my 29th birthday at the Secrets St. James and Wild Orchid Resorts and Spa. I can't begin to described how much of a princess and important person I felt from the moment my husband and I arrived to the hotel. Isabel Rueda gave me a personalized tour throughout the whole hotel and took us to our gorgeous 4th floor ocean view hotel room. This one was well equipped with refreshments and jamaican rum. The bed was beautifully decorated with two geese made out of towels and everything was excellent to say the least.
Isabel introduces us to our butler, Patrick, who always was very nice and caring for our stay.
What I loved of this hotel the most is that the non-motorized water sports were included with our stay. We did kayaking and lots of snorkeling. They have guided tours for those who want to snorkel, but Patrick help us out with some googles, flippers and tubes to enjoy the crystal clear waters of the hotel beach.
On my birthday, Miguel Angel Santana made sure I was celebrated with a delicious birthday cake and iced a Moet champagne for us.
Overall, the place is immaculate clean and beautiful. The people is extremely nice and their services is on point. The gym installations are pretty nice as well as their spa. Their great variety of restaurants have us more than happy with the great food we tasted. The beaches were amazing and super clean and the pools were always at a great temperature even on the evenings.
I greatly recommend this place!!!

Room Tip: The St. James Preferred club is more private and quiet for a retrieve; this are has the spa as well...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
#15 of 61 in Montego Bay
4.5 of 5 bubbles 4,837 reviews
Iberostar Rose Hall Suites
Grand Palladium Jamaica Resort & Spa

Been to Secrets St. James Montego Bay? Share your experiences!