This was parts of a letter I sent to the manager on duty. Meanwhile never get a respone or anything! The Secrets St. James. However, some of the problems that we had concerning our room, room service and phone service was not to a standard normally held by a Secrets resort. I have enclosed photos of our room (3213). I am not close minded to the fact that there are going to be "kinks" that come with a new resort. I just wished these issues did not occur on a consistent basis.
1. Check in took 1 hour - even though I called in advance to confirm the reservation.
2. After being escorted to our room and explained all features of the room - Jacuzzi tub didn't drain - not fixed until 2 hours after getting into the room
3. Shower glass read " Do Not Open" - attendant stated, "disregard that, someone forgot to take that off the door". But, inside shower handle was loose and clearly not secured to the door which could caused and accident - this was never corrected.
4. Safe inoperable - never replaced
5. Clothes iron leaking water when plugged in - replaced next day by housekeeping.
6. Radio not working - bellman said someone would replace it soon as possible- not replaced until next day - no alarm caused up to miss the 8:05 Ocho Rios tour (we were rescheduled for next day)
7. Ordered room service in lobby with front desk because no phone system on Thursday - front desk clerk found someone to walk the order to restaurant at 8:10 pm. I went to front desk at 9:15 pm to inquire about order because phone was not on still. Clerk said she would investigate it and get back to us. At 9:38 she came to our room as I was on the phone with a manager on duty of the restaurant. My husband informed her that we have not received our food but the phone was back on and I was talking to a manager at the restaurant. Manager at restaurant stated he called and got no answer so he canceled the phone order. I told him he couldn't have called because our phones were down and we had not left our room together. He apologized and sent the food to us at 10:21 pm. That was just too late knowing we had to be up and ready to leave early Friday morning.
Some things you can excuse being a newly opened resort, but some things you can not. We just became fed up after the room service incident on the last evening of our stay. I just wish the accommodations lived up to the cost and unfortunately it did not. Unsure if Natalie or anyone else answering phones ever gave manager Doug Anderson my messages.
I was given multiple email addresses that were returned and undeliverable. Last email did come back, but no response. Even asked to speak to manager upon check out and was told he is unavailable.
Resort is beautiful but not ready in our eyes. For the money we paid, we could've stayed elsewhere. We booked based on all other Secrets Resorts luxury.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Travelbag, Holiday Gems, TravelUp, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Secrets St. James Montego Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Secrets St James Hotel Montego Bay