“Amazing Property”

Secrets Wild Orchid Montego Bay
Ranked #10 of 64 Hotels in Montego Bay
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 6 October 2012

We visited this property for work in September and was by far my favorite resort of them all. It was elegant, modern, clean, beautiful, good location, great staff ecerything was great. The only difference between St. James and Wild Orchid is pretty much the color scheme. They also have some swim up suites over on the Orchid side. Other than that the rooms are identical. great resort I would recommend this one to anybody.

1  Thank Chernoble T

Reviewed 5 October 2012

I stayed at Secrets Wild Orchid with my girlfriend last month,as a first trip to Jamaica our experience has been awesome.The hotel location is perfect for sunbath lovers and hideaway couples with large pools, colored watered Jacuzzi and a beautiful white sand beach.The Jamaican people are fantastic and the hotel staff is overall friendly while tipping is widely appreciated.We tried all of the restaurants on property but we were not very thrilled with the Asian restaurant "teppaniaki" we found it too loud, noisy and not an original Japanese style cook show;however our favorite was the Italian restaurant Portofino,original Italian food and very good service we dined there four times during our stay and every time was even better we want to express our sincere gratitude to Alan the manager and to Simon the chef which they've made our vacation simply perfect at Secrets Wild Orchids,we also liked the food at the Mex-Tex and at the Jamaican restaurant where they cooked for us fresh grilled lobsters and shrimps.we really want to thank everyone and we'll definitively return in this beautiful resort YA MON!!!!!!!

Room Tip: "All rooms are ocean view"
4  Thank Paul F
Reviewed 4 October 2012

My husband and I visited Secrets Wild Orchid last March for our first visit to Jamaica and I am just getting to the review now.

Prior to this trip, we had been to Punta Cana 3 times, so had only there as a basis of comparison. The resort itself was beautiful. The rooms were beautiful, with a jacuzzi tub, a huge bathroom, a waterfall shower, and the most comfortable, beautiful hotel room bed we have ever experienced. Food was wonderful. The lack of language barrier was enjoyed.

Staff were very friendly and polite. Our rooms were made up quickly and beautifully. We were a bit shocked to find that someone (I am guessing a guest) had programmed the tv to automatically tune into an adults only channel each time it was turned on. We had a good laugh about it, but beware if you are travelling with folk who are put off by that sort of thing. We never could figure out how to fix the tv so it wouldn't do this.

The food was amazing. Each restaurant we went to was wonderful, with amazing service and fantastic food. We particularly loved sitting outside for our a la carte dinners, which most of the restaurants offered.

Entertainment was ok.

We were a bit disappointed at the beaches, which appeared to be manmade and did not allow for any sort of long walks along the beach. The ocean was clean, and snorkelling was fun, but the swim areas were quite small. Neither my husband or myself are pool people, so neither of us stepped in, but the pool bar stayed busy and people appeared to be enjoying themselves.

If you like quiet, ask for a room that is not facing the pool. That said, we were not bothered by activity by the pool personally. Each room has a beautiful sea view, so sitting on the balcony was rewarded with a stunning view. Sunsets here are amazing.

We would go back in a minute to another Secrets resort. Neither of us have ever been bothered by children while on a caribbean vacation, but we did notice the mood changes when there are none like at this resort. Very peaceful and geared toward adults.

We enjoyed a couples massage which was absolutely fabulous and has us both hooked. We also did a trip to Dunns River Falls, which was enjoyable, with the exception of some loud, intoxicated people on the LONG bus ride (these people thankfully, were from a different hotel).

A wonderful vacation.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Kaija2011
Reviewed 3 October 2012

Just returned from a one week stay at Secrets Wild Orchid, prior to going I emailed Secrets and told them this was our second visit and could we have the same building (two) that we had last time when we arrived we were upgraded to the Preferred Club The resort is beautiful, everyone is very friendly and go out of their way to make you feel at home.
Food the food was average we ate at all the restaurants except Blue Mountain our favorite was the French restaurant with the surf and turf and onion soup, we made reservations for the hibishi and the food presentation was fun One important note about the dinning men must wear long pants if they want to sit inside of the restaurant otherwise with shorts you must sit outside and it gets very dark and hard to read the menu
Bar all the bar I found had top shelf liquor I drink Ciroc and my husband is a scotch man with Johnny Walker black and red We met a lot of nice people from all over at the bar in the evenings
The room service menu has to be worked on with few choices but it pretty neat when you get room service and the waiter brings it to you with the tray balancing on his head (picture moment)
I have no complaints about our room it was made up daily with evening towel and turn down service

Of all the Secrets this is one of our favorites and will probably be back next year

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
9  Thank lovelygetaway
Reviewed 3 October 2012

Stayed here from sept 9-23rd and had 14 absolutely marvellous days and nights.
From check in to check out We couldn't fault a second of our stay.
Having done Dreams resorts in Dominican x 2 and Mexico, this surpassed even those .
Our room and view were superb ( and not preferred club).
Service everywhere was excellent. A big thank you to some of the nicest people (and best bar tenders) we've ever met;
Dwayne WO swim up bar. Godfrey lobby bar. Kamara Wo lobby day bar. Donna Baracuda bar and of course Ryan "the fish" concierge.
As you guessed we enjoyed the bars. Also a big shout out for pool server shakeena.
Food: huge choice and all excellent
Entertainment: enough without being ott
Room service: excellent
Cleanliness: excellent.
What more can i say????????
GO There.

• Stayed: September 2012
3  Thank JohnocIreland
Reviewed 3 October 2012

Myself and my wife just returned from 7 days of complete paradise at Wild Orchid. I read every review on tripadvisor for months before we arrived. I came to this resort with an open mind because we had never traveled outside the U.S. before and I was pretty sure I knew the good and bad about the place from the reviews. I assure you this place is amazing and you wont be disappointed. This will be long but I promise to try answer the questions I had before we left.

Awesome location from airport. 20 minute ride to and from resort. Booked through Apple and these transfers were never a problem. You get to see some of Jamaica on the trip and its pretty eye opening and beautiful at the same time. The drivers were funny and informative along the routes. Watch out for the bag handlers at the airport on the way home. They are mean and will shove their hands in your face asking for tips when they unload your luggage in the airport. My advice is that when the driver takes your luggage off the van just grab it yourself and walk it the 30 feet into the airport. (they were the only rude people the entire trip)

We were greeted with a "Welcome Home" drinks of our choice, and a cold towel upon arrival from Daemon. This gentleman was first class the entire trip and ended up being one of our favorite people and friend at the end of the week. Daemon is a wonderful person! Room was not available as we were a few hours early. They took us to a restaurant and said have lunch and when you return we will have a room. They did. Daemon took us to the room and gave us the low down! Don't fret if its not a high floor. We had and 2nd floor and we had an Oceanview that was pretty amazing. All of the rooms looked like they had a great view minus the first floors!

Room was awesome, clean and plenty big enough for us. The shower was awesome and never leaked. The jacuzzi was refreshing and cleaned every night. You CANNOT see into the shower or toilet through the frosted glass. This was not a problem! Tip-- We met our housekeeper the first night her name was Euneice. She was amazing and our room was cleaned everyday by noon. I did tip her well as having a clean room was important to us. We also had turn down service every night and it was very welcomed at the end of the day. The fridge gets moderately cold but you have to realize that the bar service puts drinks that are room temp in there and it takes a bit to cool down. Air Conditioner was always on and we never had a problem with a warm room. Keep your balcony door shut and locked and the air will stay on. Never had a problem! The views night and day off the balcony were the stuff they put on post cards!

The place is the most beautiful place I have ever seen. I have never been to an all inclusive before. The photos online are just like what you see when you get there. The water is the bluest clearest water I have ever been in. The pools are amazing and seem to be the place people hang out at all day. They beach is rocky in places but there is plenty of other places to enjoy that are rock free. I found numerous starfish and even a stingray one evening. Bring snorkel gear. You can pretty much swim anywhere and it looks unbelievable underwater. Also, invest in a waterproof camera you wont be disappointed. The bartenders at the pool bars are one of the highlights of the trip. Never rude, entertaining and always quick with a drink. Order a round of the pineapple upside down shots...Trust me they sound weak but will kick in after a few! Entertainment crew at the pools were great also. They have a ton of activities throughout the day!

The Jerky man is probably the best food there! Ask for the magic sauce if you like it spicy. Get to this man everyday you won't regret it! Also there is a cart for fresh fruits(best mango I have ever had) and a man that will chop a coconut so you can have coconut water. Its good but take it to the bar tenders to top it off with coconut rum...ITS EVEN BETTER!

Food at the resort was very good. Were not picky eaters and have never been to a 4 or 5 star restaurant that we know if. I have no idea where these people get that the food is horrible. You have your choice of 7 places to eat with a buffet that is open for morning, afternoon and night. If you find yourself not liking the food, try the next place. You need to realize that your in another country. The beef, hotdogs and steaks are just made differently than in the U.S. The Japanese place was awesome. The Italian was also very good! We did the hibachi and sat outside one night and were never disappointed. They do have "sushi" and for being in Jamaica its pretty Ok. Nothing fancy but sushi none the less. Mexican food was the only place that was just OK. We had lobster tails on surf and turf night and I never heard a complaint from anybody. Drinks are plenty and we never had a problem with slow service. Everybody at this resort was friendly and willing to do anything you asked of them. Room service was always on time and pretty decent food for a quick meal. Try the fried provolone and NY. Strip!

They staff we encountered make this resort what it is. Always friendly and always willing to help. We never had one bad encounter and NOT ONE PERSON asked for a tip at the resort. We met so many amazing people from that beautiful country that even I was sad that we had to leave and the end of the week. Everybody is willing to talk about the country, their families and share their stories with you! We also made a ton of new friends everyday. We talked to anybody and have fun with all the other couples there!

We did tip! I brought a ton of 1's and 5's with us. We tipped because I know they are not paid very well and deserved it for the service they provided. I tipped the room service, turn down service and bar maid early and we never had anything but the best every day and night.

We opted out of doing an entire day excursion because I felt that we had too much fun at the resort for 6-8 hours to travel. We heard good and bad about the excursions. We decided that we wanted to see more of Montego Bay and Jamaica. Daemon hooked us up with a driver to take us into down for sights and some shopping at local stores. Mr. Mike was his name. 60 bucks for about 3 hours was awesome. He took us to some shops where we bought some Jamaican goods. Don't haggle for booze! I was excited that I haggled for a bottle of rum at 30 dollars. This was 15 dollars less than the resort until we went to the duty free store at the airport and realized that it was only 20 dollars there. Never traveled out of the US before! Trust me, get all the booze at the airport, its all there and far cheaper! Mike never left our side and we never felt unsafe at all. He took us to a craft mark. We met some great Jamaican people there. They are not aggressive at all but do whatever they can to try and get you to come into their huts. It was a great place and we were glad we took the trip. Got to see the real Jamaica!

Did the Spa and would say that it was a highlight of the week. Arrive an hour early for some pretty awesome hydrotherapy stuff. We did the couples massage for 80 minutes and it was amazing. I originally signed up for the hot stone with my wife but they suggested the Swedish after seeing I had a pretty bad sunburn! (I pretended to be a hard [--] and not wear sunscreen the first day!) DON'T!

From morning to night wild orchid was far more than we expected. We were sad to leave our new friends and staff at the end of the week. Actually the entire bus ride back to the airport was full of guest that all seemed to be saddened buy the face they were leaving. We never heard much complaints from any guest's we talked to the entire trip!

This is probably far too long but I hope it helped.

This place was just what we needed after the wedding. You will not regret this resort. I could talk for hours about the great things this place has to offer. The staff and grounds are amazing. I do not think I ever even uttered the word "paradise" before going to Wild Orchid. The fact is we will return to this resort and hopefully bring some friends along for the ride. Jamaica is a wonderful and beautiful place and the staff at this resort make it the best it could ever be! YA MON!

6  Thank Aaron W
Reviewed 2 October 2012

We arrived early afternoon on Sunday 9/23 Jet Blue--were immediately met by our private car from Carribean World Enterprises. A short ride and arrived at Secrets Resorts. A great reception at Wild Orchid Reception Lobby by Manager, Natania. 2 glasses of champagne followed. Bellman Michael showed us to our room#2226 on the 2nd flr.--esquisite as always. There we met our room attendant, Charmaine who as really great. Then it was pool time where we met Shadanne & Ashalee serving people at their lounge chairs. The swim-up bar-The Sugar Reef, great bartender, Alvin & Nigel Lllewellyn.
There are 8 restaurants: El Patio(mexican)-Mgr. Vanzie & serverClaudia the best.
Portofino-Italian-Fabian great! Bordeaux-French-Delroy our excellent server,Himitsu(japanese)Melvin -delicious menu. Oceana(by the pool) met our friends Margaret Mgr & Omar server.
Blue Mountain(Jamacian)-,Seaside-Lunch,
World Cafe(breakfast,lunch & dinner buffet) There are wonderful people working there--Melissa,Bernardo,Aldanne,Dwaine,Yvonne & Sussana to name a few.
By the restaurant is the Piano Bar--stop in and see our dear friend the bartender-O'Neil English.
We met people vacationing there fro m all over the world--Canada, Scotland, Pennsylvania & Los Angeles.
Palm trees & beautiful flowers all over due to the expert landscape manager-Roydel Williams.
The Lobby Bar is always busy--Bartenders Everett, Godfrey & Devon with a happy smile ready with their suburb drinks.
There is a small Casino where I met an old friend Chaveina(Morgan) working.
We've always stayed at Secrets Wild Orchid(last 3 years) but decided to stop over & see Secrets St. James next door. The St. James Lobby is very beautiful. Also the St James Rooms are the same as Wild Orchid. The Lobby Bar is a little different, but with the same smiling, personable bartenders, Jahmar & Shakeena ready to serve.
There is also a night club & Disco where we me Richard.
The food was excellent. anyone mentioned above made our trip a marvelous experience as usual. These are the friendliest people we have ever met on our vacations
Our 7 nights wre over & it was time leave. We checked out with Natania at the Front Desk & told her we'll be back next year! Bellman Daemeon a great help!
Thanks you Secrets Wild Orchid Employees--You definitely make this Resort a wonderful, unforgettable, relaxing experience.
We would recommend it to anyone looking for a great vacation!

Room Tip: All Rooms are exceptional
4  Thank Patsy G
Grand Palladium Jamaica Resort & Spa
Zoetry Montego Bay Jamaica
Zoetry Montego Bay Jamaica
#16 of 64 in Montego Bay

Been to Secrets Wild Orchid Montego Bay? Share your experiences!