“Absolutely PERFECT!!!”

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Key Largo
“Absolutely PERFECT!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2013

My sister and I just returned from Secrets Wild Orchid and this is a must go to Resort in Jamaica. The place is absolutely gorgeous and the staff is fantastic. Food and entertainment was terrific. Everyone was so nice and went out their way to make us feel at home. I want to acknowledge a few special people on the entertainment staff. These girls.....Mello, Chevy, Corn Flakes, Genius, Vanessa, Cassie and Tia Maria were absolutely amazing. They always made us feel welcome and took the time to chat and get to know us. These beautiful Ladies ALL get 5 HUGE stars from us~we love you girls!!!
~Also, Billy at the piano bar...always there to get our drinks without asking...and the forever entertaining, Shane, singing his heart out every night!
Thanks for a memorable vacation~~~WE WILL BE BACK!!! Hugs, Kathy and Sandy

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Kathy S
SWO_STJconcierge, Manager at Secrets Wild Orchid Montego Bay, responded to this review, 7 June 2013
Dear Valued Guest

We thank you for providing us with the opportunity to be of service to you both and we are pleased that we were able to meet your expectations.

We are glad we were able to make your vacation a ‘perfect and memorable’ one as at Secrets our team members go above and beyond to ensure our guests are provided with excellent courteous service and we are content in knowing you received this from your dining to your entertainment experiences.

We are thankful for your recognition of our team members who you thought were absolutely amazing and a copy of your review will be forwarded to our Human Resources Department so that they can be duly recognized and their files updated.

We certainly appreciate you posting your review to Trip Advisor and thank you once more for making Secrets Resorts your vacation destination.

We are anxiously waiting to welcome you back Home and look forward to being of service to you once again.

Warm regards,
Social Networking/eConcierge

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,320)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
Miami, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2013

We stayed here over memorial weekend and we really enjoyed our stay. The only reason I'm giving it 4 stars is because I wasn't a fan of the food. The only restaurants I enjoyed and loved were Hibatchi and Portofino. The food at the buffets, room service and pool grill reminded me of a carnival cruise, but worse. The service was amazing and the hotel is full of employes to help you out in whatever you need. They had a beautiful bonfire at night by the beach where they would sing & you had the option to make smores. There was entertainment at all hours of the day till 2am which we loved! The hotel was kept really clean, I was impressed with the rooms and how comfy the beds are.

If you plan on booking any tours while you stay I recomend not doing it from the hotel. The tour companys are very commercialized and you would just be a number on a bus with crowds of people. I suggest you contact LIBERTY TOURS JAMAICA, we are so glad we called them. Ricardo was our driver & he took us on a PRIVATE tour of Jamaica and to places that were breathtaking and not full of crowds. He could customize the tour for whatever you want to do. We felt safe in his hands and he's a very respectful guy. You won't regret it!

2 Thank PattyPats14
Huntsville, Alabama
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2013

We have stayed at numerous all-inclusives throughout the Caribbean. The food here was the best we've ever experienced. Not only did they have seven restaurants but also varied the menu of at least one. The Jamaican people are also the friendliest in the Caribbean. This was our second time to Jamaica. We have now eliminated the beaches of Ocho Rios and Montego Bay. We love to walk the beach and 150 yards back and forth and rocks isn't what we have in mind. We were there for 11 days and had a great time celebrating our 39th wedding anniversary. They made everything perfect for our stay. Loved the "Do not disturb" light which they did not violate. Yes, we were there with the drunk, yelling idiots but avoided them and on the fifth floor did not have to listen to them with the patio doors closed and curtains pulled. Americans are just crude and we much prefer to go to resorts popular with Europeans. All the employees were excellent but would like to give a special hello to Nicole and Andrea.

Room Tip: I believe every room has a terrific view. The higher the better for view and for quietness.
3 Thank Tim M
Dear Valued Guest:

We thank you so much for sharing your experience with us via Trip Advisor. We are indeed happy to know that you had a great time here with us at Secrets Wild Orchid and that you enjoyed our menu offerings.

It was our pleasure being able to share in your anniversary celebrations and it is great knowing we were able to make it a ‘perfect’ stay.

At Secrets Resort, our team members ensure that all our guests are well taken care of and it is pleasing to hear they were all ‘excellent’ in doing so with the highlight of Nicole and Andrea. We will definitely pass on this greeting to them both.

Once again thanks for sharing your feedback and we can’t wait for your second visit with us.

Warm regards,
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2013

I have no complaints with my vacation from May 19-26th. My girlfriend and I became Premiere members and will be returning and visiting other Secrets resorts. We both look forward to the added amnenities with being Premiere members. Every staff member was helpful and nice; our favorites were Omar and Leo who went above and beyond with requests. There were more than enough food choices and plenty of friendly vacationers around. I initially wanted to go to Hawaii, but am glad my girlfriend suggested the Wild Orchid. We plan to visit another Secrets resort sometime early next year, but I personally would not mind going back to Wild Orchid. If I had any issues, I would suggest being able to use more of the $$$ couplons for the spa treatments other than $40. We did not use all of our coupons due to this and how bout utilizing some $$$$ for the excursions as well. Next time, I am staying for more than a week!!

Room Tip: Choose rooms on the higher floors for better views of the ocean
Dear Valued Guest:

We thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us at Secrets Wild Orchid via Trip Advisor.

Guest satisfaction is of the utmost importance to us and it does our team members well, especially Omar and Leo to know that their service delivery went above and beyond expectations and we trust that we will have the pleasure of hosting you both once again.

We are very happy to hear that you had enjoyed your vacation with us and we look forward to the opportunity to be of service to you once again.

Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed here over our extended Memorial Day weekend/vacation and absolutely loved it! We were blown away at how genuinely friendly every single employee was especially Hopeton (the bell boy) who immediately welcomed my boyfriend and I with open arms and helped us throughout our vacation. He went out of his way to ensure we were completely taken care of with our baggage and when traveled on an excursion ziplining. He was the absolute best! The resort itself was beautiful and everything we had hoped for and more. The rooms were utter luxury to us esp the king size bed, which we slept like complete babies on. The view from our room was out of his world. Our favorite restaurant was by far the hichabi place not only was the food delicious, but the entertainment was hysterical. We met so many other nice couples throughout our stay at this hotel, we were well taken care of by everyone that worked there, and honestly have nothing bad to say about this resort. We would def recommend staying here to anyone and plan to come back one day!

Dear Valued Guest:

We wish to thank you for taking the time to post your review to Trip Advisor. It was our absolute pleasure to have provided you with exceptional service and that Hopeton was able to add to your overall experience.

It is pleasing to know that our team members were able to deliver on the promise of Unlimited Luxury synonymous with the Secrets Brand and we thank you for making Secrets Wild Orchid your vacation destination of choice.

We look forward to your return visit and the opportunity to be of service to you once again.

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2013

Stayed at this property for 5 days in preferred club, and I was a little disappointed. Maybe my expectations were too high, after reading all of the positive reviews I thought this would be the vacation of a lifetime...that wasn't so.

The positives:
The grounds are beautiful! Everywhere you turn the scenery was just breath taking.
The beds were huge and comfy.
Check-in was a breeze and we were not asked to attend the timeshare pitch which I couldn;t have been happier about because we had a long flight and it was raining when we arrived and all I wanted to do was shower and rest a bit upon arrival.
We were greeted with a cool towel and some delicious rum punch!
The drinks at the bar are really good and are in no way watered down.
SOME of the staff were really nice and helpful the guy that helped with our luggage sang for us and was really nice & welcoming.
The guys (all of them) that delivered our room service were very nice.
They have the best ice coffee I have ever tasted. Get it with the rum punch it's delicious!

The negative:
The FOOD! I was expecting better food from a 5 star resort, The food here is below average with the exception on the grilled chicken, lobster and jerk chicken there was nothing I really enjoyed, The Italian restaurant was horrible. We didn't even finish out meal. The french, which everyone raved about was just OK. The bread sticks they served us before our meal were cold and hard. The steak was okay but the lobster that was served with the steak was very tasty, The Mexican restaurant was just okay. I ordered the special which turned out to be lobster tails and rice. (At a Mexican restaurant...yeah) We didn't try Blue Mountain or the Japanese after getting cold and not so good food from the other restaurants we decided to stick with room service. Room service was always delivered within 30 minutes or so. Sometimes the food was fresh and hot, and at other times it wasn't. The grilled chicken sandwich was great & was all that I hate for the last 3 days we were there. Sometimes the food came and it was cold. The hamburgers they serve are horrible! I don;t think that's real beef, possibly the worst burger I have ever tasted, The breakfast buffet had a variety of choices. The egg omelettes were made to order ad were really good, but the french toast, waffles, and pancakes were always cold, and tasted stale. We would arrive a 7am daily for breakfast so there is no excuse for cold pancakes.

The service was spotty. There were some who went out of their way to help and others who wouldn't even crack a smile at you unless you were handing them a tip and YES they are expected, although I didn't mind tipping them and we made sure we always tipped the servers, bartenders etc.
The beach on the wild orchid side (preferred beach) was very rocky. Wish I had bought water shoes so that I could have ventured out further.
Our mini bar was not restocked daily, more like every other day.
The housekeeper always came very late in the evening so we would have to wait until 4 or later to get our room cleaned.
Shower leaked water out onto the floor.

Overall we had a good time. We made the best of our vacation. Secrets is not a bad place but could definitely use some improvement. I wouldn't mind visiting Jamaica again in the future but I would have to pass on Secrets.

Room Tip: 3 floor or higher for good view
1 Thank TXjetsetter81
las vegas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2013

Just returned from this property. The rooms are not overwhelmingly plush but they are very nice and comfortable. We did not pay for the top-end - swimming right up to your room. Those looked nice.

There are numerous restaurants on property and we found good food at each type - for example: Italian, Mexican, Jamaican, buffet etc.

The 24/7 room service was nice - not a wide variety of offerings but they were usually quick responding to orders and the hot food was hot and cold food was cold. And tasty.

The entertainment was fun. The water was nice - good beach. We had a very nice time.

2 Thank vegasrob
Dear Valued Guest:

We appreciate your feedback regarding your recent stay at our resort and we are extremely happy to know that you enjoyed your time here with us at Secrets Wild Orchid.

We do make every effort to provide our guests with the best experience and it is thrilling to hear that you were satisfied with different aspects of our service delivery and look forward to being of service to you on a future visit.

Once again, we appreciate that you have taken the time to share with us your experience at our resort.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Montego Bay
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,985 reviews
Iberostar Rose Hall Suites
Grand Palladium Jamaica Resort & Spa
Grand Palladium Lady Hamilton Resort & Spa

Been to Secrets Wild Orchid Montego Bay? Share your experiences!