“Just Stay Here...Don't bother with any other resort”

Secrets Wild Orchid Montego Bay
Ranked #10 of 62 Hotels in Montego Bay
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Dalton, Pennsylvania
“Just Stay Here...Don't bother with any other resort”
Reviewed 4 June 2013

My husband and I just returned from a FABULOUS vacation at Secrets Wild Orchid. The resort is everything they say it is from start to finish. The resort is AMAZEBALLS!!!!! The staff is AWESOME. The rooms are very clean and very romantic if you are staying as a couple. We got a room at Wild Orchid but upgraded to Preferred Privileges. Our room was Oceanfront (awesome views) and very private on the 5th floor. The service is impecable, the food was absolutely amazingly delicious, lobster, shrimp, crab all week. We did not have a bad meal our entire stay. The beach was paradise!!!!!! Crystal clear water w/ the occasional sting ray swimming in now and then which was really cool to see. We rented snorkling gear for the entire week. We have to give a a shout out to the servers on the beach who took care of us all week. Our drinks never went empty. They went above and beyond for us all week. We never had a problem finding chairs on the beach or at the pool. The Spa was AMAZING. We had a couples massage......OUT OF THIS WORLD. The entertainment staff was also AMAZING. Love, Love, Love the jerk chicken cart, fresh fruit cart, and fresh coconut drinks cart that ventured around the resort every day. We will definately be returing to this resort.......A+++++. We have been to one other resort in Montego Bay and by far this was 110% better. JUST STAY HERE....YOU WON'T BE DISAPPOINTED.

Room Tip: The higher the floor for better privacy.
4 Thank Penn G

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,354)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
Reviewed 3 June 2013

Just got back from our honeymoon at secrets wild orchid. Could not have been more pleased with the resort! The service, food, rooms, and location were all excellent. Rooms are clean, beds are super comfortable, and the ocean view was beautiful. We stayed in the preferred club. All rooms had an ocean view, liquor and beer in the room, a tub with whirlpool jets, a soaking tub on the balcony, pour your own drinks bar off the lobby, and snacks throughout the day. I felt the beach in front of the preferred club was also quieter and less crowded than the other beach areas of the resort. There were always plenty of towels and chairs at the pools and beaches. We never had to wait long for the waitresses and we could always just mix our own drinks before heading outside. The spa is extra of course, but provided excellent massages and the hydrotherapy room was great. Me and my wife started and ended the trip there. The snorkeling was a fun activity as was the nightly activities. The food at all the restaurants was excellent and we never had to wait to be seated other than for hibachi on one occasion. The staff was friendly and accommodating. I have to give extra thanks to Danion who kept the mini bar filled with my preferred drinks and Mark at the spa for excellent service prior to our massages. I would advise guests to bring cash for tips. Everyone accepts US dollars, transportation and excursions included. Power at the resort is 110V so you won't need a power converter. The rooms all have a privacy light that was respected. Room service was quick and tasted good. We didn't watch much tv but they have plenty of channels. Housekeeping did an excellent job, even with all the sand we tracked in. The jerk chicken cart was great! My wife really enjoyed the fresh coconut cart. The outdoor music stops every night at 10:30, so it's not crazy all night long. Almost everyone there was a couple and it was really calm and relaxing the entire time. Don't pay attention to any negative reviews. You have to be a real snob to not enjoy this place. Relax, enjoy the beach, recognize that the food will be different than back home, try drinks you normally don't have, enjoy time away from kids, turn off the phone, and forget about the world for a while.

• Stayed May 2013
3 Thank Nashvillemarried
SWO_STJconcierge, Manager at Secrets Wild Orchid Montego Bay, responded to this review, 18 June 2013
Dear Valued Guest:

We thank you so much for providing us with the opportunity to be of service to both you and your wife on your honeymoon getaway. It was our absolute pleasure having you here with us!

It is great to know that you experienced the perfect stay for your honeymoon here with us at Secrets Wild Orchid and we trust that we will have the pleasure of hosting you both once again.

We do make every effort to creating the right environment for a great vacation and will remain committed to continuously improving and enhancing our service delivery. We are happy to know that you enjoyed all the amenities offered to you in your room and around the resort itself. We are fulfilled in knowing you were able to experience the spa making use of both the hydrotherapy circuit and the massages.

Guest satisfaction is of the utmost importance to us and it does our team members well to know that our service delivery was up to par.

We definitely appreciate you posting your review to Trip Advisor and thank you once more for choosing Secrets Resorts for your vacation destination.

We look forward to welcoming you back Home on your return visit.

Indiana, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 3 June 2013

Two words: PIANO BAR. If you go to this resort...you must go to the PIANO BAR. 10:30 was my favorite time. I got to see "Willy," Simone and Rayan. These three bartenders made the nights fabulous. Ask Willy and Rayan about the Jamaican lemonade. I have no idea how they make it...but you ask them to combine it with two shots of Grey Goose or Ciroc and it's a drink from Jamaican heaven! Simone is the best girl out there and she is amazing! I love her! The piano player is magnificent. Never took a single lesson in his life but can play any song requested! I must say that Leonard at the pool bar made my day absolutely amazing! He is so happy and peppy. Look for him under his umbrella hat. :) These people are the reason I am coming back next year to get married. And they orchestrated my engagement with my newly recent fiance! :)

The resort itself was also an incredible adventure. It was palace like! Absolutely amazing! The rooms were very spacious with an abundance of towels, pillows and everything else you needed. The bed was so comfortable I was disappointed I couldn't fit it into my suitcase to take back! The room was clean and the maids did a magnificent job with the upkeep. They work too hard in my opinion. :)

The restaurants had the most delicious food of any resort I had ever been at. The Habachi is a must! The three habachi chefs never stopped from 6 until 10 pm. They sang and danced while they cooked the entire time! The most entertaining hour of my life! I wanted to go back, but it was completely booked for days because the experience was so surreal.

Everyone at the resort sang. They told me that 70% of Jamaicans sing. And they just don't sing. They sing really well! It was so much fun to go to dinner or even the buffet and just hear them go into song! It was like the vocal version of the harlem shake. Instead of everybody dancing after seeing one person dance, everyone sings after one person starts.

I will definitely return to Jamaica and this resort. The atmosphere and the people make this resort more than the 5 I rated it. I love them all and they made my vacation extra special. Go and see for yourself! You will fall in love!

Room Tip: Book through apple resorts. We got an amazing room by booking through apple vacations. They will hoo...
2 Thank 599JessicaH
Dear Valued Guest:

We thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us via Trip Advisor as it is greatly appreciated. We are very happy to know that you enjoyed every bit of your stay here with us at Secrets Wild Orchid and we are anxiously waiting for your return visit. Congratulations on your engagement and we do look forward to hosting your wedding next year.

We are delighted that we were able to host you at our beautiful resort and it is very pleasing to hear that you had a great stay with us. It is indeed content to know that the resort itself was an ‘incredible adventure’ for you and that your accommodations were both warming and welcoming.

It is great to know that not only our resort atmosphere made your vacation stay more than a 5 star but also our team members made a huge contribution to it being extra special. We thank you for the recognition of our talented and amazing team members who always take pleasure in ensuring that our guests are satisfied. This will definitely be forwarded to the relevant Department Heads for them to be duly recognized.
We are also happy to know that your dining and entertainment experiences were fantastic.

It was our absolute pleasure being of service to you and we look forward to welcoming you back Home soon.

Warm + kind regards,
New York City, New York
Reviewed 3 June 2013

I got married here, I brought alone 40 friends and family, and stay 7 days. It was really great. Nice rooms, the wedding felt very personalized, the food at the restaurants was good. Hotel Staff was very friendly and accommodating. The bar staff took the time to become familiar with our drink orders and would be waiting on us often with our drinks. The ambiance and massages are awesome. The website pictures are spot on! Close to airport.

The wedding planners are uber patient. I did think that the a la carte wedding items (flowers, chairs, DJ) was overpriced. But on my wedding I felt that everything was perfect that they were only focused on me and my wedding and that it was all worth it. Rocio was amazing.

Few drawbacks: The hostess staff (people who seat you) at the restaurants were not accommodating for larger groups during dinner. We had trouble getting tables, even tables near each other when they had tables that were empty. Despite the fact that I called before traveling to ask about that kind of stuff. I used their group booking option and many of my guest thought they booked with the group but did not and it was hard to get that figured out and eventually I said forget it. Plus the non- group prices were significantly cheaper. The gift shop is way overpriced. There were lots of Mosquitos at nite so bring your spray. It also dies down out and around after about 9pm

Room Tip: If traveling with a group try to get close to each other. All the rooms were nice.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Atlantic City, New Jersey
Reviewed 3 June 2013

From reading all the reviews I think I was expecting something so exceptional. Upon check in I was in awww, beautiful resort, cold drink made for us then up to our room beautiful....until I go to the bathroom and noticed throw up splatter from the previous guest! Not quite clean and it took them almost to the next day to get it cleaned. Called to let them know went to the beach came back and still not cleaned, it took 3 visits before my boyfriend had to walk them to the toilet to show them the throw up splatter! The restaurants were wonderful food was fantastic. The weather was perfect. Unbelievable not one insect, I even cut the air off and kept the patio door open to get the ocean breeze. I have traveled to other Islands and other resorts and felt more genuine love. Although the resort is nice the workers looked worked and not quite enjoying what they do. Let's just say they show up and do their jobs. No love felt. I met maybe two workers who seemed to be having authentic fun with their jobs. Also, I was not too happy that the taxi provided at the resort to ride to the strip (15 min) ride cost us $90 US dollars. that was crazy and put a bad taste in my mouth. Overall, Well worth the money spent!

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
Glenside, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 2 June 2013

I cannot say enough amazing things about this resort. Just spent a week here in Montego Bay. Was totally spoiled for a week. Fabulous restaurants, amazing beach and accomodations, if something wasn't exactly what we wanted it was fixed IMMEDIATELY. Beautiful surroundings.....Immaculate room overlooking the Caribbean Sea. Great food and buffet, the staff and employees are all friendly and make sure you have what you want. We went on a few excursions which were all great. Zipline, snorkeling, trip to Dunn's River Falls......the whole week was FABULOUS. Kudos to the staff, a big thanks to Carissa who accompanied us on a trip to Margaritaville and to Renae who checked us in. We will be back! A big thanks to everyone who made this past week possible!

Room Tip: A view of the Caribbean Sea is a must !
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
SWO_STJconcierge, Manager at Secrets Wild Orchid Montego Bay, responded to this review, 13 June 2013
Dear Valued Guest:

We thank you so much for sharing your feedback with us and are happy to be advised that you had a full week of ‘paradise’ here at Secrets Wild Orchid.

We do take much pride in creating just the right environment for a great vacation and will remain committed to ensuring that the standards of the Secrets brand are maintained to ensure that our guests are satisfied with our overall service delivery.

We are indeed happy in knowing that you enjoyed the restaurants, beach and accommodations. Customer service is our number 1 priority and it is pleasing to know that you were provided with excellent prompt service in times of need. It is always good to experience ‘Jamaica itself’ and it is great that you were able to explore outside of the resort, engaging in the different excursions offered.

We thank you for the acknowledgment of Carissa and Renae; it is greatly appreciated as this recognition can be a motivational factor for them both.

Once again thank you for posting your review and we look forward to your return visit soon.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 June 2013

Just returned from a two week stay and we enjoyed every minute. Great Resort! Accommodation, food and all amenities were very good. But what makes Secrets Wild Orchid so special are the staff. Warm, welcoming and will go out of their way to make your stay so enjoyable. They greet you with a "Welcome Home" and it certainly felt like it. Special mention for Andrew in the Lobby bar and his "Sexy Margaritas" Beach waitresses, Kamara, for her wonderful smile and warm genuine greeting and to Kedishia for her extrovert fun loving craziness! Also to Lemar and Ryan in Portofino restaurant for their great service and impromptu singing and dancing (whilst serving) to the live show! It was our first time in Jamaica but will not be out last. Had a fantastic holiday. Thank you.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Caroline W
Dear Valued Guest:

We thank you so much for sharing your feedback with us via Trip Advisor and are fulfilled at the fact that you had a ‘fantastic holiday’.

We are delighted that we were able to host you at our beautiful resort and it is very pleasing to hear that you had a ‘fabulous’ stay. I will be sure to pass on your commendations to our department so they can be shared with the persons mentioned. We are very grateful for the time you have taken to update us on the quality of your stay.

Guest satisfaction is very important to us and we most certainly value your input as this increases the confidence of our team members and undoubtedly other team members will be encouraged and strive to achieve the same level of excellence which you had the pleasure of experiencing.

We are happy that you enjoyed our Resort and we look forward to welcoming you Home again soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Montego Bay
4.5 of 5 bubbles 2,044 reviews
Iberostar Rose Hall Suites
Grand Palladium Jamaica Resort & Spa
Grand Palladium Lady Hamilton Resort & Spa

Been to Secrets Wild Orchid Montego Bay? Share your experiences!