“Best all-inclusive so far”

Secrets Wild Orchid Montego Bay
Ranked #10 of 61 Hotels in Montego Bay
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Darien, Illinois
“Best all-inclusive so far”
Reviewed 5 June 2013

We have not stayed at a lot of all-inclusive resorts, but this is the best so far. Number one, the food was very good. The breakfast buffets included just about anything you would want. The a la carte restaurants were also very good. There is a choice of French, Italian, Japanese, Seafood and Jamaican. They don't take reservations (except for the grill tables at the Japanese restaurant), but we never had a problem getting into the restaurant of our choice. All that we tried were good, but we liked the French, Italian and Seafood so much that we did not get to the others. Lobster was on the menu most nights, and it was excellent. For lunch, there is a jerk chicken cart which was very good and a seaside snack bar which was fine for a quick snack. We ate so much for breakfast and dinner that we didn't even go to the buffet for lunch and only had a sit-down lunch a couple of times (but they were good also).

The staff was very friendly and accomodating. Our room was well-appointed with a beautiful ocean view. The pool area was nice and although many people reserved lounges early and then abandoned them for a long time, it was still fairly easy to find an empty one most of the time. The pool area is large enough that one can find a quiet spot if that's what you want or an active and noisy area if that is what you want. We opted for the quiet areas and we met some really nice people there from other areas of the U.S. and from Canada. The swimup bar area isn't very large and people tended to "park' there so it was not very accesable, but the servers do a good job of supplying drinks at your lounge chairs. We enjoyed our one visit to the spa, although it was pretty pricey.

My only disappointment was the beach areas. The beaches are rocky (both in and out of the water), so beach shoes are a must if you want to spend any time in the water. In addition, there are several beach areas broken up by rocky outcropings so there is not a long stretch of uninterrupted beach to walk. In spite of this, we had a great time and would definitely go back.

Room Tip: We wanted to stay in the "preferred" area, but it was booked. It turned out that we were...
3 Thank DarienBud

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,350)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
Arvada, Colorado
Reviewed 5 June 2013

We did not want to leave food and drinks were wonderful I can't wait until we can go back service was great. Only thing I would change wouldn't upgrade the room wasn't worth the money. Had trouble getting into internet service. Wish the weather would of been better but next time we. Will look that up I would definitely recommend this hotel the little stuff didn't matter

1 Thank uden7682
SWO_STJconcierge, Manager at Secrets Wild Orchid Montego Bay, responded to this review, 13 June 2013
Dear Valued Guest:

Thank you for taking the time to post your review via trip Advisor. We are content in knowing that you had a great vacation here with us and to know that you enjoyed the ‘wonderful food and beverage’ as well as the ‘great service’. As it was our pleasure to have hosted you here; we do look forward to your return visit and to welcome you back Home with warm smiles.

Reviewed 4 June 2013

I went here for a wedding with a rather large group of friends. Let me be honest, I am not one to go on vacation and sit. I prefer to move and see things, that being said, everyone in my party did not want to go off the resort, we stayed on the resort. It was a wonderful time.

The people were very polite, ready to do anything they could for you. They embodied the Jamaican spirit of "no problem mon." Although the resort was all inclusive, they were offering great service. When they cleaned the room, they did not just move things aside and clean around, they cleaned and folded the clothes.

The pools were great, they had a nice workout facility (yes, I am one of those people.) They had a small casino with slots and pool tables and ping pong tables and other entertainment. They did have water sports that you could pay extra to do, I did it and had a blast.

The food was good. They would offer room service any time throughout the day. They had a total of six restaurants of any variety. For lunch they only had three places, but let's be honest are you really going to be up that early? The wedding was wonderful.

We stayed in a preferred club room. They had a fully stocked bar that you could walk up to and get whatever you wanted as well as snacks.

This is a 21 and up resort. I would also say go as a couple, not alone, you won't find many people to pick up here.

Why the 4? two things bothered me a lot one, they never said that there were Jelly Fish in the water. Minor detail I know, but when we went into the water at night security told us to get out of the water, but not why. We assumed that they didn't want us swimming for our safety, we did not think that by walking on the beach at night would get us stung. Second, the incense in the hotel lobby was a bit much. (I know, I know)

Room Tip: Go ahead and go for preferred, it's well worth it. Also, the swim up is not needed.
Millersville, Maryland
Reviewed 4 June 2013

This was a phenomenal hotel! It looks JUST LIKE the website, which cannot always be said about vacation locales.
Staff was great. Perhaps a little too much pressure from the time-share "like" folks on hand, but we managed to escape them! LOL
My only complaint was the "music" throughout the hotel. NEED MORE REGGAE! I don't come to Jamaica to hear "Frank Sinatra" or other "American music!" I shouldn't have to sit at the pool in the middle of the afternoon, just to hear "a little" Jamaican music. It should be in the lounges, and other public locations playing music throughout the resort.
This is what happens at other great hotels, like Half Moon and Wyndam Rose Hall. If you want us back, please UPGRADE the music to your native sounds -- REGGAE!!

2 Thank Cindy W
Dear Valued Guest:

We thank you for providing us with the opportunity to be of service to you and we are extremely happy to hear that Secrets Wild Orchid is a phenomenal resort.
It is indeed pleasing to know that you enjoyed your time here at the resort and the team members were great.

We are grateful for the time you have taken to update us on the quality of your stay as well as your recommendations. We have forwarded your concern/tip regarding the daily music played here on property to the respective Department Head for consideration. It is with the expression of your concerns that we are able to review current practices with the aim of implementing the changes necessary to ensure that our guest are fully satisfied during their time with us.

Your review is most appreciated and once again we thank you for sharing. It is our hope that you will make Secrets Resorts your vacation destination of choice in the future and trust that you will see marked changes overall.
We do look forward to welcoming you back Home.

Dalton, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 4 June 2013

My husband and I just returned from a FABULOUS vacation at Secrets Wild Orchid. The resort is everything they say it is from start to finish. The resort is AMAZEBALLS!!!!! The staff is AWESOME. The rooms are very clean and very romantic if you are staying as a couple. We got a room at Wild Orchid but upgraded to Preferred Privileges. Our room was Oceanfront (awesome views) and very private on the 5th floor. The service is impecable, the food was absolutely amazingly delicious, lobster, shrimp, crab all week. We did not have a bad meal our entire stay. The beach was paradise!!!!!! Crystal clear water w/ the occasional sting ray swimming in now and then which was really cool to see. We rented snorkling gear for the entire week. We have to give a a shout out to the servers on the beach who took care of us all week. Our drinks never went empty. They went above and beyond for us all week. We never had a problem finding chairs on the beach or at the pool. The Spa was AMAZING. We had a couples massage......OUT OF THIS WORLD. The entertainment staff was also AMAZING. Love, Love, Love the jerk chicken cart, fresh fruit cart, and fresh coconut drinks cart that ventured around the resort every day. We will definately be returing to this resort.......A+++++. We have been to one other resort in Montego Bay and by far this was 110% better. JUST STAY HERE....YOU WON'T BE DISAPPOINTED.

Room Tip: The higher the floor for better privacy.
4 Thank Penn G
Reviewed 3 June 2013

Just got back from our honeymoon at secrets wild orchid. Could not have been more pleased with the resort! The service, food, rooms, and location were all excellent. Rooms are clean, beds are super comfortable, and the ocean view was beautiful. We stayed in the preferred club. All rooms had an ocean view, liquor and beer in the room, a tub with whirlpool jets, a soaking tub on the balcony, pour your own drinks bar off the lobby, and snacks throughout the day. I felt the beach in front of the preferred club was also quieter and less crowded than the other beach areas of the resort. There were always plenty of towels and chairs at the pools and beaches. We never had to wait long for the waitresses and we could always just mix our own drinks before heading outside. The spa is extra of course, but provided excellent massages and the hydrotherapy room was great. Me and my wife started and ended the trip there. The snorkeling was a fun activity as was the nightly activities. The food at all the restaurants was excellent and we never had to wait to be seated other than for hibachi on one occasion. The staff was friendly and accommodating. I have to give extra thanks to Danion who kept the mini bar filled with my preferred drinks and Mark at the spa for excellent service prior to our massages. I would advise guests to bring cash for tips. Everyone accepts US dollars, transportation and excursions included. Power at the resort is 110V so you won't need a power converter. The rooms all have a privacy light that was respected. Room service was quick and tasted good. We didn't watch much tv but they have plenty of channels. Housekeeping did an excellent job, even with all the sand we tracked in. The jerk chicken cart was great! My wife really enjoyed the fresh coconut cart. The outdoor music stops every night at 10:30, so it's not crazy all night long. Almost everyone there was a couple and it was really calm and relaxing the entire time. Don't pay attention to any negative reviews. You have to be a real snob to not enjoy this place. Relax, enjoy the beach, recognize that the food will be different than back home, try drinks you normally don't have, enjoy time away from kids, turn off the phone, and forget about the world for a while.

• Stayed May 2013
3 Thank Nashvillemarried
SWO_STJconcierge, Manager at Secrets Wild Orchid Montego Bay, responded to this review, 18 June 2013
Dear Valued Guest:

We thank you so much for providing us with the opportunity to be of service to both you and your wife on your honeymoon getaway. It was our absolute pleasure having you here with us!

It is great to know that you experienced the perfect stay for your honeymoon here with us at Secrets Wild Orchid and we trust that we will have the pleasure of hosting you both once again.

We do make every effort to creating the right environment for a great vacation and will remain committed to continuously improving and enhancing our service delivery. We are happy to know that you enjoyed all the amenities offered to you in your room and around the resort itself. We are fulfilled in knowing you were able to experience the spa making use of both the hydrotherapy circuit and the massages.

Guest satisfaction is of the utmost importance to us and it does our team members well to know that our service delivery was up to par.

We definitely appreciate you posting your review to Trip Advisor and thank you once more for choosing Secrets Resorts for your vacation destination.

We look forward to welcoming you back Home on your return visit.

Indiana, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 3 June 2013

Two words: PIANO BAR. If you go to this resort...you must go to the PIANO BAR. 10:30 was my favorite time. I got to see "Willy," Simone and Rayan. These three bartenders made the nights fabulous. Ask Willy and Rayan about the Jamaican lemonade. I have no idea how they make it...but you ask them to combine it with two shots of Grey Goose or Ciroc and it's a drink from Jamaican heaven! Simone is the best girl out there and she is amazing! I love her! The piano player is magnificent. Never took a single lesson in his life but can play any song requested! I must say that Leonard at the pool bar made my day absolutely amazing! He is so happy and peppy. Look for him under his umbrella hat. :) These people are the reason I am coming back next year to get married. And they orchestrated my engagement with my newly recent fiance! :)

The resort itself was also an incredible adventure. It was palace like! Absolutely amazing! The rooms were very spacious with an abundance of towels, pillows and everything else you needed. The bed was so comfortable I was disappointed I couldn't fit it into my suitcase to take back! The room was clean and the maids did a magnificent job with the upkeep. They work too hard in my opinion. :)

The restaurants had the most delicious food of any resort I had ever been at. The Habachi is a must! The three habachi chefs never stopped from 6 until 10 pm. They sang and danced while they cooked the entire time! The most entertaining hour of my life! I wanted to go back, but it was completely booked for days because the experience was so surreal.

Everyone at the resort sang. They told me that 70% of Jamaicans sing. And they just don't sing. They sing really well! It was so much fun to go to dinner or even the buffet and just hear them go into song! It was like the vocal version of the harlem shake. Instead of everybody dancing after seeing one person dance, everyone sings after one person starts.

I will definitely return to Jamaica and this resort. The atmosphere and the people make this resort more than the 5 I rated it. I love them all and they made my vacation extra special. Go and see for yourself! You will fall in love!

Room Tip: Book through apple resorts. We got an amazing room by booking through apple vacations. They will hoo...
2 Thank 599JessicaH
Dear Valued Guest:

We thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us via Trip Advisor as it is greatly appreciated. We are very happy to know that you enjoyed every bit of your stay here with us at Secrets Wild Orchid and we are anxiously waiting for your return visit. Congratulations on your engagement and we do look forward to hosting your wedding next year.

We are delighted that we were able to host you at our beautiful resort and it is very pleasing to hear that you had a great stay with us. It is indeed content to know that the resort itself was an ‘incredible adventure’ for you and that your accommodations were both warming and welcoming.

It is great to know that not only our resort atmosphere made your vacation stay more than a 5 star but also our team members made a huge contribution to it being extra special. We thank you for the recognition of our talented and amazing team members who always take pleasure in ensuring that our guests are satisfied. This will definitely be forwarded to the relevant Department Heads for them to be duly recognized.
We are also happy to know that your dining and entertainment experiences were fantastic.

It was our absolute pleasure being of service to you and we look forward to welcoming you back Home soon.

Warm + kind regards,
4.5 of 5 bubbles 2,029 reviews
Iberostar Rose Hall Suites
Grand Palladium Jamaica Resort & Spa
Grand Palladium Lady Hamilton Resort & Spa

Been to Secrets Wild Orchid Montego Bay? Share your experiences!