“Wedding/Honeymoon” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
South Beloit, Illinois
“Wedding/Honeymoon”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 December 2013

Where do I even begin to start with how amazing Secrets Wild Orchid is. I just planned a destination wedding/honeymoon here. We were there 11/15-11/23. From 11/15-11/19 there was 10 of us there. From 11/19-11/23 we had 21 other guests join us. From the moment we stepped out of the bus we were taken so well care of. My husband and I stayed on the preferred side with one other couple and immediately Joseph took great care of us. Every morning we saw him it was a hand shake and a hug we felt like we were at home! We spent majority of our time on the non-preferred side because that is where all of our guests were staying. We didn't do a whole lot besides sit at the pool from 9:00 am to 5 pm! Let me tell you the staff you have working there is incredible. I cannot give more compliments to Sparks,Happy Feet, Leo, Simone,Jahmar, and Bon Jovi. Did they ever make our trip so special! I can tell you that these staff members are the heart and soul of your resort and are the reason we will be returning again! They are now apart of all of our families! As far as the restaurants go the food was incredible, I have not one complaint! I due want to give a shout-out to Travis who worked at Portifino, we visited him twice because he was such a good sport with our group :)! He gave such immaculate service and was so attentive we chose to have our wedding dinner there as well! As far as the wedding goes. It was everything we hoped for and more. There isn't anything about that day that I would change. Simone in the wedding department made everything completely flawless! As we have all been home for a week or so now we strongly confirm that this was the best trip that any of us have been on, for 31 people to be this satisfied is unbelievable :)! We are all planning when we can return. I have not one bad thing to complain about everything was spectacular. I cannot wait to return and see our new Secret Wild Orchid Family, we miss them all already!

1 Thank Laycee B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,286)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
Racine, Wisconsin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 December 2013

Went there on vacation with 5 other people from work. It was our first time there. The check in process was a bit long and somewhat of a process. The room was nice but we all agreed on the fact that there was no privacy between the bedroom and bathroom. The employees at Secrets were awesome though. Expecially the girls working on the pool deck. They were all very friendly, polite and welcoming. If you stay at Secrets Montego Bay you'll have to look for Sparks and Cornflakes, they were the BEST. They were fun, got us involved, helpful, simple and GREAT. Sparks always came and spoke to us as if we knew her for a while, she's funny, and always has a smile on her face. Sparks and Cornflakes were also awesome dance teachers and I enjoyed every bit of it. Thumbs up to those two

• 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Angelica R
Omaha, Nebraska
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 December 2013

My husband and I traveled to Montego Bay for our 25th anniversary with two other couples, one celebrating their 20th anniversary and the other honeymooning. The friendliness of the staff at the Secrets resort is overwhelming, starting with Desmond at the front door. His infectious smile warmed our hearts and he was more than accommodating. Leo, our beach waiter, would bring my Jamaican smile with a Jamaican smile :). His energy was over the top and it was nice getting to know him!! and Sparks, my little Jamaican friend, can sing like no other. You can tell she loves her job as her outgoing personality is very welcoming. Our group has discussed about returning, and our daughter has mentioned an exotic wedding someday. I cant think of a better place!!

1 Thank Brenda M
San Francisco
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 December 2013

An experience of a lifetime! A business trip that was so relaxing and enjoyable on a vacation paradise that it felt like a well-deserved vacation.
Christopher (Bell Man) turned up the overall experience by providing beyond exceptional customer service. The hotel was beautiful and private which led me into believing that I was no longer in mobay but on some tropical island far from reality. I will certainly return for a more romantic get-a-way with my husband and I DEFINATELY RECOMMEND THIS VACATION DESTINATION TO EVERY AND ANYONE!!! Great going team Secrets!!!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with AMResorts

Thank Kalice Titus Re... G
Burlington, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 December 2013 via mobile

Checked in on Thursday , no turn down service. Next day ordered room service, missed a few items, then went on excursion, came back at 3:30, room was not touched still had breakfast plates in room, called the desk, got run around but room was finally clean, evening we got our turn down service. Next day room was done, but again in the eve after we returned from dinner and dance, no turn down service......really.... Here for three nights and each night they missed one of the two cleanings. Oh and with each room service breakfast order something got missed. Something fundamentally missing in their process. Management better figure it out quick or this place goes to a one star fast....many other places to go where they are happy to provide the service they promote. Won't be coming back anytime soon.

Stayed November 2013
Buffalo, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 November 2013

This was our 3rd time back and let me tell you it didn't disappoint at all.
From the moment you get greeted to check in, to the reception staff, bartenders, entertainment staff, cooks, waiters/waitresses, landscapes, CoCO Cafe you were always greeted with smiles and pure interest in how you were and how your stay was going. The food was on par with any all inclusive, not out oft his world but quite decent in taste and presentation was out of this world. I can assure you they think of every little detail to make your trip special all the way down to the strolling sax player in the evenings, fresh fruit skewers throughout the day and endless pool and beach side beverage service. We have also stayed at Iberostar Grand in Jamaica and would say this gets a slight very slight edge over that. Give it a try and stay here, ignore the "bad" reviews those are probably the ones who were "given a pot of gold" somewhere else... Until you read all of their reviews and they a re all negative. Experience it for yourself you will be hooked!

Room Tip: 4th floor proffered club!
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Old Tappan
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 November 2013

The resort is beautiful but for a professional black, Jamaican couple attending our daughter's wedding at this resort, the experience was horrendous! The staff catered to the white guests at the expense of black guests like ourselves. They ran head over heels to attend to the while folks while ignoring, and even being rude to us. That's just the start of our very negative experience. We had a leaking bathroom shower, telephone not functioning properly, for three days no towels left nor bathroom rugs, insufficient bathrobes, and despite our many complaints, it took three full days to find a manager willing to listen to our complaints and deciding to move us into another room and upgrading us. For that we are thankful, but to top it off, when my husband and father of the bride went to the spa the morning of the wedding to get a haircut and a shave he was told, "we don't do your kind of hair." This is Jamaica where 80% or more of the population is black, how can they not be equipped to handle black hair. I could go on but this should give you an idea of our experience. We will never return to Secrets now that we know their secret.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
21 Thank tiahughmarie
SWO_STJconcierge, Manager at Secrets Wild Orchid Montego Bay, responded to this review, 19 December 2013
Dear Valued Guest:

We are happy to have had the opportunity to host you at our resort but are disappointed that your experience was not a pleasurable one. I do however wish to thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us as it gives us the chance to evaluate our service delivery in a bid to make improvements where necessary.

The issues that you have highlighted are indeed troubling and are not a true representation of the kind of service we are known for overall. I would like to get more details of your experience so that we are able to investigate internally. This would help us much in preventing other such occurrences in future.

It is certainly not my intent to make excuses for any inconveniences or inefficiencies but I do apologize on behalf of our team. I look forward to receiving an email from you at your earliest convenience.

Best Regards,
Royalton White Sands Resort
Royalton White Sands Resort
#15 of 61 in Montego Bay
4.5 of 5 bubbles 4,813 reviews

Been to Secrets Wild Orchid Montego Bay? Share your experiences!