“Look No Further!!!!”

Secrets Wild Orchid Montego Bay
Ranked #10 of 64 Hotels in Montego Bay
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 27 January 2014

I just got back back from a week in Paradise! The resort itself was beautiful, the staff were absolutely incredible (the friendliest, warmest people I've ever met!) and the food was the best I have ever experienced on an all-inclusive resort vacation.

The rooms are very clean and beautiful. We upgraded when we arrived to the preferred club. I honestly have a mixed opinion as to whether or not this was worth the extra money. They claim to have 'premium alcohol' as a preferred guest but this is not the case. We rarely frequented the Preferred Club Lounge and the hot & cold hors d'oeurves were definitely not worth it. I will say though that having access to the entire resort as well as St. James preferred area, was nice. We enjoyed the main pool area in the morning and as it got more lively/louder in the afternoon we could seek out a quieter area on the preferred club side.

The pool area and bars are very clean and beautiful. If you are a big beach person than you may be a bit disappointed since there isn't much of a beach but since we prefer lounging by the pool, the beach was more than adequate for us. The jerk chicken cart is present up and down the beach mid-day and it was by far the best jerk chicken that we had on the resort...delicious!! And I can't comment on the beach/pool area without giving a big shout out to some of our favorite employees!!! Party Leo and Kadeisha work at the main pool bar...they truly played a big part in making our week such a fun/special experience!!! They have such a great energy and their customer service/attention to detail was nothing short of exceptional!! Leo is one of the best mixologists I've crossed paths with...so if you're not quite sure what you'd like to drink you are in very good hands! We also bonded with so many wonderful members of the Entertainment Team...Sparks, Bon Jovi, Happy Feet, Tia Maria and Genius (from St. James) were all extraordinary people. They each had a natural way of brightening your day and making you feel very special! Lastly, I have to mention Floyd who graciously helped us each morning get settled by the pool. His easy, friendly demeanor was the perfect start to each day :)

The variety of restaurants at Wild Orchid is outstanding. Myself and my sister are foodies so we didn't have really high expectations for the food on this resort vacation but we were both extremely surprised! We loved Blue Mountain, El Patio and had a wonderful 5 course tasting menu (Chef's Table) at the Seaside Grill. The World Cafe breakfast/lunch buffet was fantastic each and everyday...something for everyone to say the least plus the local dishes were really delicious. Again, i can't highlight the restaurants without speaking to the incredible service that we experienced. Joven was our waiter at Blue Mountain and he really went above and beyond for us making both of our meals there very special & memorable. Likewise, Leroy & Sofia at World Cafe brought a smile to our faces each and every day...they are truly gifted at what they do! All restaurants were really good however i would say that Himitsu's hibachi table was entertaining but the food was mediocre at best.

I would highly recommend this resort and plan on returning next year if at all possible! My sister will be returning in a few months time with her family as well. It's the perfect resort for everyone (couples and/or families with older children)!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Renee C

Reviewed 27 January 2014

My wife and I planned a wedding at Secrets for January 2014. One Month before the wedding the resort demanded an additional $4000 dollars in fees and accommodation expenses or else they would not host the wedding. Nothing in our wedding contract stated anything that gave them grounds to stand on to enforce the "required" extra venue fees and "required" accommodations. Long story short we had to scramble to find another venue in Jamaica a month before our wedding took place because we could not afford another 4 grand and both sides of our family were already locked into being in Jamaica for our wedding.

Please be careful planning a wedding here. I would not recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
17  Thank arexse7en
Reviewed 27 January 2014

I just spent a week at Secrets Wild Orchid and it was an amazing experience. I love the private beach areas for Secrets customers only. I also like the size of the property as opposed to some of the much larger ones where I have stayed in the past. Overall the food was great. All of the employees are SO nice and helpful and genuinely seem to appreciate your stay with them. My only complaint is that the lighting in the room & especially the bathroom are very poor. I stayed in the preferred building, room# 1313 and the view from the balcony was wonderful. Also, the entertainment was awesome so be sure to check out the nightly shows in Showtime Theatre at 9:30. This was a great experience and I highly recommend staying here!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank TNgirl72
Reviewed 27 January 2014

Our first greeting was Welcome Home and they mean it. We celebrated our anniversary here in May and fell in love with the resort so I decided to treat myself to a birthday present and bring my 3 adult daughters back for a girls vacation in Nov. The rooms, food, cleanliness, attention to detail and especially the staff were all what you look for in a 5 star resort. The beach and pools are picturesque and well maintained down to fact that containers of bottled water are along the beach for your convenience. The food is beautifully presented with a wide variety of delicious choices...one night I had 4 lobster tails!! The staff on every level was accommodating to the max!! I think the Jamaican people were born with a smile on their faces and happiness in their hearts!! I would truly recommend this resort to anyone who is looking for beautiful surroundings, delicious and plentiful food, luxurious accommodations and a caring, friendly staff.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mimi569
Reviewed 26 January 2014

This is a wonderful resort. I would highly recommend it. My husband and I celebrated our Wedding Anniversary and New Years' Eve there.
We could not have asked for more. The resort and staff exceeded our expectations.
The resort is unique in its design and the staff are warm and friendly. We were made to feel at home from the minute we arrived.
Montego Bay may not offer the best beach areas, but it conveniently located close to the airport. We would definitely return to the Wild Orchid again.
Our thanks go to Renae, for taking such good care of us, and making this celebratory vacation so memorable.

Room Tip: If it is available, ask for a room on the second floor, the view is so much better. You may want to...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank RhondaEssen
Reviewed 25 January 2014

We just got back from 5 days at this resort and an awesome vacation! Everything was clean and well kept, exactly what you would expect. Plenty of restaurants and entertainment. It's the staff that puts it over the top though. My husband and I went with another couple and the entire time the staff made sure we were happy and well taken care of. They made a point to know our names, chat with us and kept my husbands travel cooler filled with beer at all times! Special thanks to Kadesha, Leo, Bruce, Happy Feet, Sparks, Martino, Andrew and Richard. You now have 4 friends in Virginia Beach! Thanks for everything!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Nikki H
Reviewed 24 January 2014

This was our second time to Jamaica (stayed in Negril a few years back). We stayed here last February with some friends. Everything about this vacation was fantastic!! The food, beverages, rooms and friendliness of the staff. You have to try the Jerk chicken on the BBQ. There was nothing to complain about at this resort. I will highly recommend this resort to anyone travelling to Jamaica. While the beaches in Negril are incomparable, there is no one nagging and bugging you to buy drugs or trinkets here. But the beach at wild Orchids was also very nice and well maintained. We golfed at the half moon course, zip lined and swam with the dolphins. No shortage of things to do.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
SWO_STJconcierge, Manager at Secrets Wild Orchid Montego Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 27 January 2014

Dear Valued Guest:

We so appreciate that you have taken the time to share your experience with us via Trip Advisor and certainly appreciate your comments.

We thank you for making us your vacation destination of choice and look forward to the opportunity to be of service to you once again.

Very best regards,

Grand Palladium Jamaica Resort & Spa
Zoetry Montego Bay Jamaica
Zoetry Montego Bay Jamaica
#16 of 64 in Montego Bay

Been to Secrets Wild Orchid Montego Bay? Share your experiences!