“Looking forward to my next trip to Secrets”

Secrets Wild Orchid Montego Bay
Ranked #10 of 63 Hotels in Montego Bay
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Mississauga
“Looking forward to my next trip to Secrets”
Reviewed 18 March 2014

This was my second visit to Jamaica. Secrets, was amazing! The food and service 5 star, the rooms perfect. Always water in barrels where ever you walk. Fruits stands, pizza, chicken, food always available, no reservations needed at any restaurant. The bar scene was also excellent.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Barbaramississauga
SWO_STJconcierge, Manager at Secrets Wild Orchid Montego Bay, responded to this review, 27 March 2014
Dear Valued Guest:

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. I am pleased to note that you enjoyed all that we had to offer particularly our food and the room which you were assigned. It was our pleasure to have provided you with our excellent service and I hope that you will visit us again.

Best Regards,
Christina Smith
eConcierge Assistant

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,441)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 March 2014

Stayed here for 10 days in Nov 12 on honeymoon and can say it was fantastic. We paiod the extra for the upgraded area and it was well worth it. The staff were all briliant and seemed to always be smiliing and singing, the food and bar were the bets I have had on an all inclusive. The bar had top spirits and beer not cheap stuff. The room was a good size with a hot tun and small jacuzzi. All in all I would love to go back and can highly recommend it.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank mj7784
Dear Valued Guest:

Thanks for having chosen our resort for your honeymoon celebration this past November. I am pleased to read that your time spent with us was a fantastic one. I am also especially happy about your comments regarding our food, the room features and the added value of having upgraded to the preferred club.

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Best Regards,
Christina Smith
eConcierge Assistant
Barrie, Canada
Reviewed 17 March 2014 via mobile

First, the good- I have never been to a resort where multiple staff members make such a point to learn and remember your name, such an excellent touch! Lobster night, fruit stand, excellent beach and pool areas, the Italian and Japanese restaurants and enjoyed the Hobie Cat all very much!

Some stand out staff members- Jov- it was nice playing cards with you on the beach and I'm sorry you had to leave before our game was done because your manager needed you, Leo, Tweety, Yvette and our breakfast singer with his accompanist were all fantastic!

The not so great- I have never been somewhere that spends so much time trying to upsell you. Between the wine list, spa visits, membership package, and romantic dinners it is just too much. Much too much.

We were a group of 6 and this proved quite challenging at mealtimes. Arranging for 2 tables to be pushed together was obviously very inconvenient for staff and we were often left waiting for a long time. Over an hour for the French restaurant, despite there being open tables and watching staff take apart a table already set for! Very large groups didn't appear to have this issue but I think Secrets caters to large corporations and their groups.

Also, staff request that you write a review on trip advisor and are given money if their names are mentioned. Perhaps not the most reliable method but I'm happy to comply.

But now for THE BEST- it's the view. I have never had pool, garden, ocean, AND mountain view all in one! Throw in the strolling saxophonist and it was one of the best sunsets I have ever seen.

This is a lovely resort that just needs to tone down their 'business aspect', I am after all, on vacation.

Stayed March 2014
12 Thank MickG99
Laurel, Maryland
Reviewed 16 March 2014

I enjoyed a week long vacation at Secrets Wild a Orchid. This was my second visit and definitely not my last. In pointing out some of the high points of my stay I am going to mention a number of staff members because for me the right staff is what separates an OK from an excellent resort. It is an excellent, experienced and well trained staff that keeps me coming back.

My favorite restaurant was the Bordeaux. - Staff members Fitzroy and Leo welcomed me each time I dined there. They remembered my name, my preferred wine and ensured I had a great table. The food was great! The pan seared salmon was excellent and kept me wanting more. The Fondue Normande which was melted camembert cheese with kirsh liquor topped with apple chutney and served with crispy baguette toast was delicious! I woke up the morning after I tried this wanting more. Never mind that I had to look good in my bathing suit the next day.

My favorite evening pass time was socializing at the Piano Bar. Shout out to Oneil- the best bartender at Secrets. He was personable (winning smile), professional, competent and quick. It had been a year since my last visit and when I walked in, he remembered my favorite cocktail! I have to acknowledge another sweet bartender, Denholm.

When I sat outside enjoying the nightly entertainment, Danita served as my cocktail waitress. She is excellent She was epitomized excellence in service. She was professional, personable & sensitive to the needs of guests. During my first visit I was having a very bad evening (personal issues - not the resort) She brought me tissues, a drink, and an encouraging word. I 'll never forget that.

There was lots of good entertainment but my actual favorite was Pace, the house band.

One of the coolest experiences I had during my most recent stay was being serenaded outside of my window by the sax player Damon Riley.

I'd like to acknowledge the folks that worked for AM resorts or maybe Unlimited Vacations - Kirk, the VIP host, Nordia Burte, a sales executive, and Sherry Ann, a concierge desk associate. There was another impressive staff member named Dwayne with braces. I don't know what his job is but it should be hospitality!

The Wild a Orchid preferred Club pool was my favorite spot for lounging. Avion did a great job keeping me hydrated there..

My room was excellent as I expected and thanks to Yvette from housekeeping, Oshane, the minibar attendant and Jeremy the bellman, I didn't want for anything.

Finally, I'd like to point out a great experience I had on my last day and couldn't believe I hadn't done it before. This is something I encourage everyone to do as soon as you can upon arrival. That is to go on the Nature Walk. That is a guided tour around the resort that focuses on the amazing fauna and flora on the property. Wow, I learned so much! I greatly appreciate how knowledgable our guide Elaine was. I'm looking forward to doing this again upon my return.

If you are looking for a great vacation experience you will not go wrong with Secrets a Wild Orchid.

Room Tip: Preferred Club!
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
6 Thank J W
Cambridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 March 2014

Me and my partner stayed here in July last year and we had an amazing time! The room was clean, spacious and the breakfast in bed we received complimentary was a bonus.

The main pool area was busy but we like to socialise so it suited us perfect and they had various games/activities going on to keep everyone entertained we found the hermit crab racing hilarious. There are other pool areas if you want a quiter scene.

I have to say our favourite restaurant was Bordeaux, the Lobster & Steak was delicious and the seating area outside is so relaxing. Himitsu is a must the staff are really entertaining and my partner even got up to try the cooking himself. For a quick snack in the day the jerk chicken cart is really popular and tasty.

The staff throughout the resort were great and they are happy to help you at anytime always full of energy and you really get the impression that they enjoy their jobs at Secrets.
We would definitely stay at this resort again and recommend it to others. Our next stop is Secrets Silversands and Dreams Riviera so we really hope they live up to the standards of our experience at this resort.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank DubaiFlack
Barrie, Canada
Reviewed 15 March 2014

This was our second trip to Secrets because we've never been to a better resort. Not to be outdone, this time was even better! Staff is top notch, a big thanks to Bon Jovi, Leonard, Bruce and Happy Feet!! You guys go so far above and beyond to make everyone's stay memorable and enjoyable. Hope to see you guys next year!!
Food was terrific, rooms amazing, hotel staff attentive to every little detail. If you have the pleasure of staying at Wild Orchid preferred, you will meet CC, our concierge. She was amazing, and will make you feel at home immediately.
Entertainment is great, do not miss the steel drum band (name escapes me)!!! This is an award winning ensemble that will blow you away with their talent and energy!!!
See you guys next year!!!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Darren B
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 15 March 2014

I visited this place with my brother who had been to Jamaica before but on the other side of the island. Descending into Montego Bay as we dropped below the clouds, its a view as I picture heaven. Arriving at the resort greeted by friendly helpful bellhops was a breath of fresh air, they made a hectic time very relaxed and fun. That same theme echoed though out our first of many stays on this island. The entire entertainment crew by the pool was so much fun daily. Blue, Bon Jovi & Happy Feet and Sparks. The party can be as wild or as Chill as you like...Tell Melvin you know Ben from Pittsburgh and order a Coconut Rum & Pineapple Juice or a Dirty Banana! We will see you all soon!

Room Tip: Get a room with an upper balcony.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Breathless Montego Bay Resort & Spa
Zoetry Montego Bay Jamaica
Zoetry Montego Bay Jamaica
#18 of 63 in Montego Bay

Been to Secrets Wild Orchid Montego Bay? Share your experiences!