“"Anniversary beyond the moon"”

Secrets Wild Orchid Montego Bay
Ranked #10 of 63 Hotels in Montego Bay
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Westmoreland, New Hampshire
“"Anniversary beyond the moon"”
Reviewed 4 April 2014

My husband and I returned to secrets because the celebration of our last anniversary there was spectacular. Didn't believe they could top it but Marcia Smith who is the VIP concierge manager out did herself. We were upgraded to the preferred club and treated like royalty, from check in process to the room service and service at the restaurants, the entire staff was friendly and always ready to assist. I truly could not have imagined being anywhere else, I thoroughly recommend the preferred club to all. It was a super satisfying stay and honey and I know exactly who to call and precisely where we are going come anniversary time next year. Marcia is the best, cannot thank her enough!!

Room Tip: Ocean view rooms are the absolute best Wild orchid preferred is closest to the restaurants and ente...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Torry K
SWO_STJconcierge, Manager at Secrets Wild Orchid Montego Bay, responded to this review, 9 April 2014
Dear Valued Guest:

Thanks for having selected our resort for a second time as your anniversary celebration destination. It is always our aim to go above and beyond for guests and our concierge team led by Marcia certainly does a great job at this. I am happy also that you were able to experience the added value of our preferred club and pleased to note your feedback on this particular area.

Having satisfied guests is our main goal and I am happy that you gave us the opportunity to have done this twice. Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back Home soon.

eConcierge Assistant

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,383)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
Hatboro, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 2 April 2014

This review is a bit late, but felt it should be written. My husband and I stayed Feb 5th thru the 14th. My husband was fighting cancer and went into remission so we felt a celebration was in order. I had reserved the larger room with a butler, but to my dismay, when we got there we were told that room was not available. They did, however provide us with 2 butlers Petrona, and Refinesha. Each of these women went over and beyond to make sure our every need was meet. Other staff who stood out were Oshane, Orlando and Omar. Oshane heard about a special juice my husband was looking for to help with cancer cells. the next morning Oshane had the juice for us-he went and purchased it on his own time. Joseph the Bell hop made me smile each and every day. Lastly, Sparks was incredible. She spent time to ensure my husband was Ok and tried to make him as comfortable as possible. The only place we found "not so happy" employees was at the coffee shop. Lobster night was fantastic, the French restaurant was incredible, as well as the Jerk chicken. Lunches could use a little help as the burgers were not so good. That said, breakfast was terrific. We also used the spa and met some of the nicest staff at the resort. Our rooms were kept clean-I would have liked the refridge to have been restocked daily w/o asking. As you can see there are very few negatives. Would I go back? I think I would try other Secret resorts, only because the food did not "wow' me. As a side note, upon our return we found out that my husbands cancer has returned. We are hoping to get him back into remission and take another vacation.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
8 Thank robynelise
SWO_STJconcierge, Manager at Secrets Wild Orchid Montego Bay, responded to this review, 17 April 2014
Dear Valued Guest:

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us and for having selected our resort for your well needed getaway. Despite the few issues you had during your stay, I am pleased that you and your husband were well attended to and had a comfortable stay overall. We are certainly blessed with wonderful team members who are very interactive and attentive to our guests needs. I am especially happy to note the extent to which so many of our team members impacted on the quality of your stay in light of your husband’s illness. It is indeed sad to hear that on returning home, his cancer was back. I hope that everything goes well with his treatment and that he will be back into remission soon.

As with all other reviews, yours too has been examined and our team will be working even harder to improve the quality of food provided in all our restaurants as well as other service areas in which we were not impressive.

We truly appreciate your kind review and hope that you will both visit us again.

Ontario's Highlands, Canada
Reviewed 31 March 2014

My husband and I just returned from secrets after spending a week with 2 other couples and a great time was had by all. The hotel and grounds are lovely and beautifully taken care of. Look out for king George the peacock. I don't think Ive ever stayed anywhere where the staff are so much fun. Leo and Harry at the swim up pool bar make sure your glass is always full, while the entertainment staff keep you entertained. Happy feet..... You rock!! The evening entertainment is very good but I wish it had ended a little bit later than 10.30. The food is very good in all the restaurants, my personal favourite was the French however, there's Italian, Mexican, Japanese and Jamaican to choose from. The only thing I didn't like was the open plan bathroom. A little privacy is always nice..... But that's just me, it certainly wouldn't stop me from going back, in fact I can't wait to go back to this resort..... I loved very minute of it. Lovely resort and lovely people!!!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Kzanelli
Dear Valued Guest:

At our resort, much effort is put in by our entire team to ensure that our guests are happy. We do have some which are quite exceptional when it comes to interacting with guests and I am happy that you met and had fun with those special mentioned.

Thank you for highlighting your love for the food in all our restaurants and your eagerness to return despite not liking the set up of the bathroom area in our suites. As we continue in our process to identify and implement improvements, I can assure you that many of these will stand out on your next trip.

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Milford, Massachusetts
Reviewed 30 March 2014 via mobile

My husband and I just spent 6 great nights in Jamaica. We were in room 2307 and no preferred room needed. The view was spectacular, the swim up bar was so fun and we meet great staff and fellow vacationers. Harry at the sugar reef bar was the best, the entertainment staff was fantastic. Special shout out to Sparks, Bruce, Happy Feet, Bon Jovi and Leo who jumped in the pool to play volleyball in a full tuxedo! They made the trip extra special. We enjoyed the piano bar nightly with Kurt. The beach front was just enough for me. If you are looking for miles of beach you won't find it here but if taking a plunge in Crystal blue warm water is great then this is up your alley. We enjoyed endless cocktails at our hut on the beach and they always had a smile. The good was good. My favorite was Rooster at the Hibatchi grill. He put on a great show and had a great laugh. We highly recommend this location. It's also close to the airport and its easy in and easy out. We also recommend the Mobay Club at the airport in Jamaica. They drop you off early for departures and its a great way to relax in the airport.

• Stayed March 2014
5 Thank LisaL042
SWO_STJconcierge, Manager at Secrets Wild Orchid Montego Bay, responded to this review, 4 April 2014
Dear Valued Guest:

Firstly, thank you for having given us the opportunity to extend our excellent Jamaican Secrets hospitality to you and your husband. I am happy to note that you enjoyed so much, including our bars, the friendly staff as well as the hibatchi grill and chef.

We always aim provide our guests with a complete experience and so, we value your comments as positive reinforcement.

fareham
Reviewed 30 March 2014 via mobile

i have to say the hotel and staff were 5* in everything we did. the entertainment crew were very friendly and made us feel very welcome. i would like to say how brilliant 'Happy Feet, Bon Jovi, Tweety K, Tia Maria and Cornflakes were at making our stay that much better. i hope to see them at the resort again next year.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank tom h
Dear Valued Guest:

Thanks for having chosen to visit our resort for your recent vacation. It was our pleasure to host you and I am happy to note that your stay was made even more memorable by so many of our team members.

We look forward to welcoming you back Home and I’m sure the entertainment team will be excited to see you again.

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 30 March 2014

My wife and I along with two couples stayed one week and we had a great time. The resort was beautiful and all amenities are within a short walking distance. Food was great; service was great and for an entertaining dinner, check out the Japanese restaurant and reserve a spot at the Hibachi table.

The staff at the pool bar are extremely friendly and put a smile on your face each day. They entertained us and had us laughing. Harry, the bartender at the pool took very good care of us; he is super friendly and gets the party started--he remembers what you drink and you will never be thirsty =) Happy Feet is a very talented man. He is very friendly and funny and he can sing, play the drums, play sports, you name it. He is a great guy and you have to be sure to meet up with him. Leo is a high energy guy who goes out of his way to make sure you are having a good time. He is super friendly and will take great care of you while at the pool. These three guys made the pool memorable.

The music at night at the piano bar was great--the live bands were fantastic and my only compliant is that it ended too early--10:30pm. There was a Karaoke singing at the grand piano at 10:30 but most patrons left at that point and only a handful remained--and not everyone was into singing. It would be far better to keep the bands going..... we checked out the disco around 11pm but was very loud and empty.....not sure if it picked up after midnight or not....

Thank you Secrets for a great vacation!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Mario F
Dear Valued Guest:

Thanks for having selected our resort for your recent vacation. I am happy that you enjoyed our resort overall and appreciated the beauty of our property as well as the amenities provided.

Our team members are certainly very friendly and Harry, Happy Feet and Leo, are quite exceptional and your experience with them is as many others have described also described.

Thank you also for your comment about our entertainment. I am happy you enjoy the different activities and your displeasure that it ends too early has been noted as well. We certainly appreciate your feedback given and all comments have been noted for reference.

Reviewed 30 March 2014

If you stay at here ask for renae when you check in! She is the best! Also if you order room service ask for Jevon to deliver your room service! The water sports are awesome and the bar tender Harry is the best! It is the best place I have stayed while in Jamaica! I have been to Jamaica multiple times and this is the first and only resort I will keep going back to for more! Thanks Renae and Jevon and Harry and Omar for making this vacation a magical one!

• Stayed March 2014
2 Thank TamCampbell
Dear Valued Guest:

Thank you for taking the time to share the experience you had at our lovely resort recently. It is truly flattering to be listed as the best resort you have stayed at to date and our doors are always open to welcome you back again and again.

We are grateful for your appreciation of our team members and activities made available to you. As a team, we will remain committed to ensuring that we continue to offer excellent service and make each of your future stays better than the last.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Montego Bay
Sunscape Splash Montego Bay
Sunscape Splash Montego Bay
#18 of 63 in Montego Bay
Grand Palladium Jamaica Resort & Spa

Been to Secrets Wild Orchid Montego Bay? Share your experiences!