“Blissful Getaway for 25th Wedding Anniversary”

Secrets Wild Orchid Montego Bay
Ranked #10 of 62 Hotels in Montego Bay
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
“Blissful Getaway for 25th Wedding Anniversary”
Reviewed 5 June 2014

My husband and I decided to go back home to celebrate our 25th Anniversary and what a celebration it was all because of the resort chosen!! We have been to many resorts in Jamaica, but this is definitely was the best we've experienced! We chose to splurge and stayed on the PREFERRED section for 8 days, it was absolutely blissful. One of the main contributor was not just the beauty and serenity of the property, but the 'spirit' of the staff. We were welcomed by the exceptional duo of Nalini and D'Andra, the resort's rating went up a notch after our session with these professionals. Then it was time with the 'wonderful' Hopeton 'D' extremely pleasant and helpful giving us respectful attention with any pretense. The dining service at the Blue Mountain Restaurant was exceptional...coming from a Jamaican that is commendable! The service from the waiting staff was superb, much attention was given to the particular needs of the guests without hesitation or fuss! The exceptional staff experience included our interaction with Romroy, the Housekeeping Supervisor who exude a high level of professionalism and great instinct when it came to making quick decisions regarding guest services, The rooms were properly cleaned in a timely manner and turndown services were always great - thanks to Marie and the crew that serviced my room during the week of May 14-21, 2014, Rm 1402. Ricardo our linguist always sharp. Other staff that made our time blissful included Raymond (World Café) and Delroy (Bourdeaux), Melvin, the herbalist and Paula from the special presentation area. All in all the staff was extremely welcoming and accommodating which made our time there not only exceptional but memorable!! Thanks to the staff and chefs (cannot forget them) we will definitely be back. We have already spread the word to at least 15 people! Keep up the great work staff!!

Room Tip: Wild Orchid Preferred section was well worth it! 2nd Floor, ocean view was best.
6 Thank Dawn G

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,354)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
Broomall, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 5 June 2014

This is our second visit to the Wild Orchid and can't say enough about the resort. My son was married there on May 27th at the Secrets St. James and let me tell you it was the most beautiful wedding anyone could ever imagine. First of all Isabel at the Wild Orchid was so instrumental in making us feel like a King and Queen, she couldn't do enough for us, I wanted to take her home with me. Then there was Rayman our server at the Portafino Restaurant who was the best waiter we ever had. Sonya at the World Café in the morning made our day with her beautiful smile and conversation, can't forget about Philip at the Piano Bar at the Wild Orchid, always remembered what we drank. I have so many beautiful memories of Jamaica and especially the Wild Orchid, will be back home real soon.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank hummingbird319
SWO_STJconcierge, Manager at Secrets Wild Orchid Montego Bay, responded to this review, 13 June 2014
Dear Valued Guest:

We are ever so grateful that you chose to visit our resort a second time around. It was certainly a pleasure to have helped in creating more special memories for you and your family, especially your newly married son. I can only image that you all had a wonderful time.

Thank you for sharing your review of our resort and we look forward to welcoming you back Home soon.

Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 5 June 2014

This was the best vacation ever! My husband and I stayed in the Wild Orchid Preferred Club. As soon as we arrived all we heard was, "welcome home." And it sure felt way better than home. From the staff's helpfulness, alertness, hospitality, consideration and positive energy we truly were able to relax and enjoy our vacation to the fullest. The property is absolutely beautiful, from the layout, the décor, the gorgeous views and the feel that even though you are on a resort you are still surrounded by paradise's natural beauty.

So at first we were a little jealous of the guests that were on the first floor because they had the swim out pool connected to their back porch, but the rooms on the 4th floor are second best. We loved the tub on the porch and were lucky enough to be right in the middle so we didn't have any wandering eyes from other porches looking onto ours while we used to tub. The room was perfect. We loved the open layout and all the natural light. The amenities were perfect. The sunscreen was our favorite, along with the mini bar, banana chips, robes, slippers...ok everything was our favorite. Although my husband and I are both low maintenance guests, we both work with high maintenance clients and are very aware and attentive to the delivery of service that goes above and beyond, and that is what we found at Secrets.

I wish I wrote everyone's name down to thank, but then again the list would be so long. The entire front desk staff at the preferred club lobby, as well at the front desk staff at the spa were unbelivable. I can't remember her first name from the spa front desk but her last name is Kong because Kong is also MY maiden name! I could have talked to her all day. Our therapists were very good and gave great massages although we felt as if it was a bit routine and there wasn't enough individuality, but still thoroughly enjoyable. And they need to install a moving walkway from the spa back to the room because after the water facilities and massage we were jello and asking us to walk was honestly just too much for us to handle [insert sarcasm]! We think his name was Darius, the bartender at the Wild Orchid Preferred buffet, was not just attentive, but great with engaging us in conversation making sure we were enjoying our stay and providing us with everything we needed. And last, but certainly not least, would be Lylibeth Eaton. I have been in contact with her for quite sometime. For anyone who is looking to book for large groups for either leisure vacations, weddings, or corporate groups, Secrets is not only THE place to go, but Lyli is THE person to speak with. I can't begin to thank her enough for the patience, the individuality, the attentiveness, the immediate responsiveness to all my needs, questions and inquires for my future groups. THANK YOU SO MUCH to EVERYONE at Secrets! We will be back!

peace and solitude- Wild orchid preffered club - first floor has swim out to private pool, 4th floor (especially center room) no onlookers

relaxation, good food, non stop drinks, overall GREAT time- any room!

Room Tip: peace and solitude- Wild orchid preffered club - first floor has swim out to private pool, 4th floor...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank Marissa K
Reviewed 4 June 2014

Well let me just say it took a wonderful resort and wonderful people for me to write this review for our first time stay at Secrets Wild Orchid. For the past few years we have been staying at Excellence Playa Mujeres in Cancun and let me tell you the scorecard was running the entire week we were there and Secrets wins hands down. From the food to the layout of the property, proximity to the airport (note - you don't hear the airplanes), the premium beverages, the beautiful grounds and and amazing spa this place is a gem. The one thing that I think i would call out as the biggest difference are the staff members. Everyone and i mean everyone is there to help and provide us nothing but top notch service above and beyond expectations. A special shout out to Leo (the most entertaining and attentive bartender during the day) who made a drink for me everyday to match my bathing suit to Dowaine who ran from the lobby bar to the club everynight to make sure we were always happy and Dwane and the rest of the most entertaining group of individuals at the pool.

The spa provided excellence service - one of the best sweedish massage services i have ever had and the food was very good for an all inclusive. No lines at the restaurants and the amount of options were amazing. Our favorite were the French and Italian options. 24 hour room service definately came in handy for us for either late night snacks or breakfast in our room in certain days.

The beach area is kind of tight, however we spent most of our time at the pool as the entertainment was just too good to miss and the pool view include views of the ocean so you always had an ocean breeze no matter where you were sitting.

The Coco Cafe was such a nice break to our day as it was great to take a break from the heat to do some shopping and have a nice cafe beverage hot or cold while doing some shopping...

What else can I say... We had a blast, we are in Secrets withdrawl as only being a few days back but will definately be back again!!!

Room Tip: No need for the Preferred option or rooms unless you like extreem quiet and to be away from the acti...
8 Thank Kelly P
Spring, Texas
Reviewed 4 June 2014

My wife and I are from Spring, TX and we typically travel to a resort once a year. After 20 years of staying at various resorts we were very impressed by Secrets Wild Orchid. The staff was the most friendly and helpful group of people that we have ever encountered at a resort. In particular, Diedre at the front desk as well as Cherese one of the waitresses on the beach were exemplary. We would strongly recommend this resort.

Room Tip: Be sure to get a 3rd or 4th floor corner room that overlooks the pool and also faces the beach.
1 Thank Jim D
SWO_STJconcierge, Manager at Secrets Wild Orchid Montego Bay, responded to this review, 6 June 2014
Dear Valued Guest:

It really great to note that you were impressed with our resort overall and took the time to post your review. Your highlight of Deidre and Cherese is greatly appreciated as well as your recommendation of our resort to others.

Thank you for sharing your review with us and please do come again.

Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed 4 June 2014

This was my husband and I's first trip to Jamaica and let me tell you it was by far the best vacation we have taken! We travel quite a bit and have been to Mexico, Dominican Republic, St. Lucia etc, but the Secrets Wild Orchid in Jamaica was a top notch experience. We decided to stay in the preferred club and overall really enjoyed it. Private bar, private beach and other amenities really made us feel at home. If you like seclusion then preferred is the way to go. My husband and I are in our twenty's and liked using the private beach, but to get the party experience we preferred being at the main pool and interacting with the other guests. Not sure if we would spend the money on preferred again until later down the road.

The food at this resort is some of the best I have had out of the country! I am a pretty picky eater but found there to be a wide variety of choices and nearly everything I ate was delicious. The jerk chicken cart is a must!! I probably ate that chicken for lunch 5 of the 7 days we were there and never got tired of it! Dinner restaurants include: Italian, French, Japanese, Seafood, and Jamaican cuisine. We also enjoyed the 11pm late night buffet that had an assortment of different snacks. Entertainment wise we also had a great time. During the day there were always pool activities/games and at night live music and shows. The resort loves guest interaction, so we both got pulled on stage to participate in the festivities a few nights.

The Secrets staff truly go above and beyond in everything they do and were one of the biggest contributors to our great vacation! Everyone we came across was so nice and anything we needed they were willing to help in any way they could. Cheryl at the preferred desk was such a delight and by the second day would always greet us by name. This extra effort she made was very thoughtful and made us feel so welcomed. Shout out to Erika at the preferred bar for always keeping our drinks filled and remembering what we wanted at certain times. Also, thank you "Oh Wayne" for making us laugh and keeping us entertained throughout the day. Dwight also provided us with exceptional service and was always around for good conversation.

Overall, you can't go wrong at the Secrets Wild Orchid or St. James. You will be pampered so much during your stay you will never want to leave. Excellent vacation and we will definitely be back very soon!!

Room Tip: We stayed on the preferred side of the Wild Orchid in room 1105. Great view of grounds and beach sid...
3 Thank Ashley C
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 3 June 2014

The resort is lovely and all went smoothly from beginning to end. One area that the resort totally exceeded all expectations was in customer service. everyone was lovely and helpful and a special shout out goes to Mackenie who really made our holiday special!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank lynnmay
Dear Valued Guest:

I am pleased to note that you enjoyed your vacation from start to finish. It is particularly pleasing that your expectations were exceeded where customer service is concerned as much importance is given to this among other key areas of our operation. Your special mention of Mackenie is much appreciated as well and has been shared with our team.

Thanks again for having visited our resort and for taking the time to share your review with us.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Montego Bay
4.5 of 5 bubbles 2,047 reviews
Iberostar Rose Hall Suites
Grand Palladium Jamaica Resort & Spa
Grand Palladium Lady Hamilton Resort & Spa

Been to Secrets Wild Orchid Montego Bay? Share your experiences!