Overall mixed feelings about this place:
1. Got a swim up pool on the first floor of the "club." We had friends staying in regular rooms. The difference between our rooms on the inside was negligible. Size and Furnishings very similar. One of the perks of the preferred room was The "Club" lounge. This was a few seats around a TV at a wet bar. If no one was around you could poor your own drinks, but at an all inclusive you could get drinks anywhere.. The swim up pool was a cool concept but for some reason it wasn't connected to the main pool. So you had a lazy river in front of you you had to get out of to get into the main "preferred" pool. Speaking of the club level pool... it was indeed a lot less crowded but had no bar. There was a waitress who went back and forth from the main pool to deliver your drinks, which could take a while. Finally, the staff told us to have our "black key cards" at all times to prove we were in the preferred rooms but not once was I checked and our friends from the regular section came over all the time.
2, Service was hit or miss. I guess you gotta assume that a big resort. Some people loved their jobs. Some workers acted like they hated life. I will say I tipped a lot (only 1 or 2 bucks at a time for drinks) and this did seem to get me better service. Surprisingly I never saw anyone else tipping... ever... even at the bar. So after the bartenders knew we were tipping they would get orders for the people in front of us in line, but we always got out drinks first. Change is hard to come by so bring one hundred 1 dollar bills and you will be fine for a week.
3. At breakfast and lunch you are limited to a buffet style. Quality was average. Dinner was a bunch of restaurants with different styles. The french and hibachi were pretty good. Mexican was average. Didn't try the Italian.
4. There were a few separate small beaches. Water was warm clear and nice. Sand was clean.
5. Overall quality was above average but not luxurious. Except for the occasional "One Love!" or "Ya Mon!" from the staff, I had no idea i was in Jamaica the whole time.
Would I return: Nope. There are other Secrets resorts I Would try before ever returning to Montego Bay.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Destinology, Odigeo, Travelbag, Holiday Gems and Agoda so you can book your Secrets Wild Orchid Montego Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Secrets Wild Orchid Montego Bay Hotel Montego Bay