Secrets Jamaica consists of two connected resorts, Wild Orchid (where I stayed) and St James. This makes for a resort with plentiful restaurants, bars and activities, multiple pools and a long beach. But, since it's broken down into two separate resorts it doesn't feel overwhelming.
Overall this resort is a generally well managed all inclusive. What this has over the competition is:
- close to the airport (only 15 minutes) to minimize travel time
- a wide variety of restaurants. Like many all inclusives the food ranges from mediocre to good (at least by the standards of those of us who live in or near large cities in the Northeast). The only thing to write home about is the jerk chicken cart in the afternoon (be prepared to wait in line).
- plenty of seats by the pool and beach so no need to go out early to stake out a spot.
- A nice gym, kayaks, Bocce Ball.
We stayed in the Preferred Club which I'd recommend for the following reasons:
- private pool which is much quieter than the main pool.
- full bar with top shelf alcohol in the club lounge. But, after I drank too much grey goose one day one they re-filled the bottle with local vodka.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Holiday Gems, TravelUp, Destinology, Booking.com, Travelbag, Agoda and Odigeo so you can book your Secrets Wild Orchid Montego Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Secrets Wild Orchid Montego Bay Hotel Montego Bay