7,637 results
All reviewswild orchidpreferred clubpiano barjerk chicken cartroom serviceworld cafeour honeymoonbarracuda barsecrets resortbilly loveel patiofrench restaurantwelcome homest jamesprivacy lightwrapspreferred area
Reviewed 15 July 2014

If you are looking for a 5 star resort, here it is. We have been here twice, with no regrets.
The staff is amazing and everyone makes you feel at home. We would like to make special mention of Oraldo Mullings, who works in the World Cafe. He serves and sings beautiful melodies to his patrons. Thank you Secrets for the great experience.
Hope and Carlson Samuels..Canada

Room Tip: Rooms facing the ocean or mountains are great.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Hope S
Reviewed 15 July 2014

This was our fifth time at this Secrets, and, once again we are left with the most wonderful memories of how special we were treated. I want to express my gratitude to the general manager, Emilio Huhn, for having the absolutely best managed resort on the island of Jamaica. It was our 26th trip to Jamaica since we found the island in 1980, on our honeymoon, and we will never stay at another resort again. We were greeted by our precious Billy Love who gave us a big bear hug and welcomed us home; he is such a special person. We were so glad to see Andre, whose skill at the piano is a thing of legend; caught up on the past year with Dianna, the efficient and so kind manager of Portofino's, and her talented staff, especially Ryan. Because Wild Orchid is such a great place to visit each year, they draw the nicest couples, who we so enjoyed getting to know while sipping drinks at the pool bar. Always ask for Mark. He will mix you some awesome drinks. And for those who said it was not five star service; they obviously have not met Dalton and Keen, our butlers, who made this year so easy for us, so memorable, so fun. It is true that they have great and loud band music, classic rock and steel drum bands playing on the outdoor stage from 9:30-10:30, or a troubadour with an acoustic guitar, but it is too good to miss so don't go to bed so early on vacation! Please know that if you visit Jamaica it will become your little island paradise, and if you stay at Secrets Wild Orchid you will return again and again to enjoy being stress free and totally relaxed and pampered.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank John W
Reviewed 14 July 2014

My wife and I stayed at the Wild Orchid from 7/9-7/13 to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary and had a blast. We have been taking a trip every 5 years to celebrate our anniversary and have stayed in some great places, but this was hands down the best place we have ever stayed.

The people here are extremely friendly and treated us very well. We were already talking about a return trip as soon as we can make it happen. This is the type of place that you can travel with a group and have a great party together (as we saw many doing) or a place that a couple can just relax together (as we did). We were certainly able to relax even when partying was loud in other places. Plenty of beach to relax on and plenty of partying to enjoy at the pools.

The one area I would say that I would like to see a little more out of is the nightly shows and the theatre could use a little sprucing up. The seating is a little old and needs upgrading. Otherwise, the food was very good (recommend the Japanese as the #1 spot), our rooms were well kept (get an upper floor for the best views), and there are always some things to do during the day. I would recommned the bike tour and a trip to the spa. I have never had a massage before but I will be getting more.

Not really any reason to not like this resort. If you had issues, you were probably the issue. Vacations are for enjoyment and Secrets Wild Orchid makes that happen.

Thanks to all, we are coming back!!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank bigcat15
Reviewed 14 July 2014

My wife, daughter, and son-in-law took me to Secrets Wild Orchid, Montego Bay, Jamaica to celebrate my 60th birthday - and what a great time had by all!! The location of the hotel means it is only a 20 minute transfer from the airport. We read other reviews about the friendly staff, but you have to experience it for yourself to know exactly how friendly. Our best were Joseph (bell boy), Billy Love (Joseph's boss), Tanieca (Barefoot Bar Grill), Oniel and Oscar (waiters in World Cafe), Orville (waiter who looks like Frank Bruno in Bordeaux Restaurant), Ryan (waiter in Italian Restaurant), Joven (Blue Mountain Restaurant), Avion (waitress at Barracuda Bar), and Shonieka (receptionist at Wild Secrets) - all gave us excellent service as I am sure you would find out for yourselves if you met up with them. Our room was very comfortable - large and airey with a lovely view over the pool and sea, giving us perfect views of sunsets in Jamaica. The sea is also good for snorkelling with a couple of reefs just outside the swimming area - my best was my first ever sighting of an eel and a stingray!! There is a variety of facilities to take advantage of - from spa, gymnasium, tennis and basketball courts, cycling, watersports centre, and an entertainment team to keep you going. Our best was obviously the Barracuda Bar which had a a World Cup theme where we were able to watch live games. There are 7 different restaurants, so every night you could eat in a different one. On the down side, we only had one complaint that did put a dampened on our holiday. Only two rooms in our hotel (Rooms 1220 and 2220) have a huge opening on one side of the balcony which is covered with a screen to offer you privacy. Four days before we were due to leave, the screen was taken down for cleaning, leaving us totally exposed to the rest of our hotel that could look down on to our balcony giving us no privacy at all. We complained for 3 days in a row to receptionists, who informed us that they were checking with the maintenance people to sort it out and that they would get a manager to contact us, but never heard anything. Pretty poor for a 5 star hotel not to have any backup screens to be used when the others are taken down, the only one who did help us was Shonieka (she said she had been off the previous 3 days so unfortunately was not there to look after us) - she arranged for us to be able to use our room until 3pm when we had to leave for the airport as well as passes to use the Mobay Lounge at the airport. So definitely a hotel to recommend!! One incident that I remember - we were watching a World Cup game and Joseph the bell boy was standing next to me taking the game in as well with him shouting for Brazil. Then Billy Love (his boss) came along with Joseph saying, "oops, here comes my boss"!!!! I immediately said to Billy that he cannot moan at Joseph because he is looking after us by making sure that we watch the whole game!! Well, you should have heard the two of them break down laughing - from that moment onwards, there was always laughter in the air when Billy and Joseph saw us wherever - and both saw us off on to the bus which proved to be a sad occasion - more like friends rather than staff looking after us!!

Room Tip: As stated in my review, all rooms are brilliant apart from Rooms 1220 and 2220 that have a screen covering a huge opening on the side of their balcony giving you no privacy at all.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 632Keithf
Reviewed 13 July 2014

From the minute we arrived everyone there made us feel so welcome!! When they tell you welcome home they really mean it because that's exactly how you will feel!! We got married there on July 10 and it was absolutely perfect!!! My bouquet was exactly what I wanted!! Everything went perfectly!! The turn down service was amazing!!! The staff were all so friendly and welcoming!!! We will definetly be going back next year!! I fell in love with jamaica!! I would definetly recommend staying at secrets wild orchid!!!!

• Stayed: July 2014