“Best vacation I've ever had!”

Secrets Wild Orchid Montego Bay
Ranked #10 of 61 Hotels in Montego Bay
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Saugatuck
“Best vacation I've ever had!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2014

Beautiful, clean, relaxing resort. Wonderful staff from the concierge down to the grounds crew. Tip, Get a room 3rd floor or up for the view. We got married there and I wouldn't have changed a thing. Virtually stress free. Preferred class was nice. Quiet at night but still very close to the action. Food was excellent, as was the nightly entertainment. Thank you to the wonderful staff! Joseph, Anjay, Dane, Colleen, sunshine, Mark, Kariesha,
and everyone else who made our trip unforgettable. We'll be back!

Chris & Melissa

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank ChrisAndMelissa

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,322)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2014

At group of eight of us stayed at Secrets Wild Orchid, Jamaica July 10 thru July 17, 2014. This adults only all inclusive (TOP SHELF LIQUOR TOO) resort has everything one could hope for. Upon arrival we were greeted with a smile and escorted to the Lobby Rendezvous Lounge, offered a drink and sat comfortably as the front desk staff checked us in. The room, 2114 was clean, ultra modern with a luxurious bathroom. Located on the first floor poolside was prefect as we could walk right out our patio and "BAM" jump into the pool. There were many restaurants to satisfy your appetite but the guy riding by mid afternoon with jerk chicken cart was my favorite. Entertainment was provided every night and the club was bumppin until 2a.m. A few of the staff seemed unfriendly but we forced a smile out of them. I want to mention three staff members who without reservation were the best. Leonard aka "Leo" took care of our every need and was happy to do so. He loved chatting with folk and making everyone laugh as he jumped and ran around the pool area cracking jokes. Kadeisha was AWESOME! Her sweet and calming demeanor made you feel like she was there just for you. Before we could even ask for anything, she was serving you. I can't forget about Lorenzo at the World Cafe, He gave us the VIP treatment. One would think after two visits we would be looking for another resort but I really really really like the genuine attentiveness and friendliness they both demonstrated. As the face of the resort, Kadeisha and Leo did Secrets PROUD!

Room Tip: Request for a poolside room if you like action
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
London, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2014

I can't imagine a better resort holiday, the staff go above and beyond to give great service in all areas. Food was wonderful, property was beautiful and well designed, so handy to the airport, with great views in all directions. The best part was the staff who were warm, personable and genuinely concerned about client happiness. Marcia Smith, from the Concierge department was outstanding in looking after us, as was Stephanie. The butlers Jevan, Keen and Dalton, were super, Jevan had us in stitches, great job! Our driver, Warren Smith (booked by Marcia, thank you!) who took us on a really entertaining and informative day trip, was fantastic! Book this gentleman if you want to go off resort. The list of wonderful staff is long, just to mention a few more: Ryan the waiter at the Italian restaurant, hilarious, Mello from the World Cafe was a delight, Nikeita the front desk agent was very helpful and Roach who ran the cooking classes was a hoot! We can't say enough about our wonderful experience at Secrets, great place, great management, great staff, well done!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2014

We booked this vacation with 4 other couples to celebrate a number of 50th birthdays. It was just fantastic. The resort is beautifully maintained. The beaches are nice and just off the beach was a reef with amazing sea life abound. We used snorkeling gear to see it all up close. We took out a catamaran and the kayaks from the beach. They were a lot of fun too. The entertainment at night was good. Although, the nightclub only played modern music and we were looking for more traditional rock & roll. The pools and pool bar were really nice as well.

I only have 2 concerns about the resort... there isn't a running track around the resort. There is a path that takes you about 90% around, but then you have to cut across a grassy area to complete the circle. It was odd. Although I will say, the fitness center was nicely equipped.

My only real complaint is that the bathroom in the room could have been cleaner and we had trouble with the toilet which the resort quickly remedied (twice).

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the 5th floor so you can see the beautiful sunsets above the palm trees.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank gpkjrctraveler
SWO_STJconcierge, Manager at Secrets Wild Orchid Montego Bay, responded to this review, 31 July 2014
Dear Valued Guest:

It was a pleasure to have hosted you and your group for your birthday celebrations. I am happy to note that you all had a fantastic stay and was able to enjoy the beach, our amenities and activities provided as well as the nightly entertainment.

We appreciate your positive comment about our fitness centre and noted your concern about the running pathway for future improvement. Also, despite the challenges experienced with your toilet, I am pleased that the swift resolution by our team was to your satisfaction.

Thank you for taking the time to share your review of your recent experience and I do hope that you will visit us again.

Best Regards,
Christina Smith
eConcierge Assistant
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2014

First time visiting Secrets Resorts and my husband and I had a fantastic time.The warm welcome from your staff was so genuine and we embraced every moment from beginning to our last day. There were several staff members that stood out the most for me. LEO was the energizer bunny, he never stop moving, smiling and was always attentive to our needs. Kadiesha is another one who was remarkableat what she does, her smile and her dimples just brightened your day. Her attentiveness was always on point along with her voice...she was always singing. Now Lorenzo worked in the dining area and he was a breath of fresh air in the morning, he greeted us and called us his V.I.P'S, I thought that was cute.He too always had a smile and I loved that. Peter and I had morning talks while he took care of the pools, he enlightened me with Jamaican history and I really enjoyed waking up and talking to him. Peter was such a gentlemen. Secrets should be proud to have employees who really loves their job and enjoys what they do. Your housekeeping service needs some consistency, such as delivering the daily schedule everyday, need more music during the day and if Secrets promotes top shelf alcohol on the website, then it should be stocked at all times.
Overall, Secrets is great resorts with great food, drinks and a FANTASTIC staff. I APPLAUD LEO, KADIESHA , PETER AND LORENZO for their impeccable service AND I THANK THEM FOR MAKING OUR STAY THAT MORE SPECIAL. THANKS LEO FOR YOUR ENERGY...THANKS KADIESHA FOR YOUR BEAUTIFUL SMILE AND VOICE AND MY MAN LORENZO, THANKS FOR OUR VIP STATUS AND YOUR WONDERFUL PERSONALITY.

Room Tip: If you want action, request a room by the pool/swim up bar
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Pam G
Broxbourne, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2014

This is my second visit to Secrets, I was wowed the first time and I felt like I was returning to family and true to word it was.
Last year I visited for only 7 days whilst my parents went to the Hilton, my folks had visited me at Secrets and was sufficiently jealous to the extent that the next visit this year to Jamaica, there would be no other hotel to consider other than Secrets. They were not disappointed.
On arrival I felt so comfortable, I felt a sense of ownership, the check in process was seamless and we went to our rooms closely followed by our luggage, this time I was located on the 4th floor, a great view of the pool and the sea, I was happy, my room is roomy with spacious walk in power shower and a large tub and it was tastefully decorated and impeccably clean, I have a large Queen size 4 poster bed with lovely soft comfortable mattress, a good sleep i did have every night. There is a small table and chair, a small sofa and fully complementary stocked soft drinks minibar and a large flat screen TV and a room safe, the room is finished off with a balcony area with outside table and chairs for those relaxation moments, the room has everything and then some.
The grounds are absolutely beautifully , the maintenance team deserve a medal, everywhere is just clean and a gardeners delight, the beach is vast so is not over crowded with sufficient beach loungers.
There is a multitude of eateries, consisting of French, Italian, Jamaican, Mexican, Seafood, and Japanese, and the Japanese where the food is not just cooked in front of you by the singing cook, but these guys can sing to you also, they are good, the food are is of good quality and my personal favorite was the Jamaican and the Italian. In the mornings, there is a suitable wide selection of a breakfast buffet which you will not be disappointed, ( thank you Carol for my over easy fried eggs), and if you lucky you hear the singing waiter Oraldo, i remember him from last year, Simon Cowell needs to get himself to Secrets, trust me this guy is really good.
The staff are all polite and personable and everyone greets you with a smile, and many I remember from my previous visit, I get the impression that everyone is trying hard to make your stay an enjoyable one.
The daytime and evening entertainment caters for everyone tastes and you can do as little or as much as you want, I would definitely recommend a visit to the Spa, I felt so relaxed both during and after my treatment.
I had visited many hotels in Jamaica and I have read some of the reviews on here, and this was definitely my best vacation ever and i was emotional on leaving my family and I can safely say that this hotel is my preferred choice every time and yes I am biased to this hotel which i consider my family home when I am in Jamaica and I will hopefully return next year for visit number 3.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

I booked a trip at Secrets as a birthday surprise.

Tip:
- If you can afford it, don't skimp on your room selection
- If you'll be doing an excursion make sure you book far in advance

Cons:
- Some staffers were rude
- The side eateries and room service did not have great food/selection
- Drink we're inconsistent from one bar to another

Pros:
- Beautifully manicured grounds
- Restaurants had great food
- Great Spa
- Wonderful breakfast buffet
- Butler service was excellent!
- Beautiful beaches and clear water
- Consistent Wifi in lobby areas
- Nightly outdoor entertainment

A special shout out to Sean Moses who is one of the managers on property. I had a rough experience when we first arrived and he worked to make it right. He takes his occupation seriously and helped to salvage my trip. If you get a chance to read this, Mr. Moses, you did an exceptional job!

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Mpanda C
SWO_STJconcierge, Manager at Secrets Wild Orchid Montego Bay, responded to this review, 29 July 2014
Dear Valued Guest:

Thank you for having selected our resort for your recent birthday trip and for taking the time to share your honest feedback of our resort. We appreciate your comments very much as these are used constructively by our management team in a bid to achieve greater guest satisfaction.

Your comments regarding our resorts’ beauty, our spa, the excellent butler service and entertainment are especially noted and appreciated. Much has also been done to remind our team members to maintain a positive and friendly attitude and measures put in place improve the quality and consistency of our meals.

It is also quite pleasing that though your experience did not start off great, Shawn, with the help of others, was able to resolve your issues early so that your experience turned out positively.

Thanks again for having visited our resort and for sharing your honest review.

Best Regards,
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,989 reviews
Iberostar Rose Hall Suites
Grand Palladium Jamaica Resort & Spa
Grand Palladium Lady Hamilton Resort & Spa

Been to Secrets Wild Orchid Montego Bay? Share your experiences!