7,641 results
All reviewswild orchidpreferred clubpiano barjerk chicken cartroom serviceworld cafeour honeymoonbarracuda barsecrets resortbilly loveel patiofrench restaurantwelcome homest jamesprivacy lightwrapspreferred area
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Service, Service, Service! LEO, LEO, LEO! He is the BEST employee the resort has! He was always running around the beach and outside swim bar area making sure everyone was taken care of, not to mention VERY entertaining. Alvin and Ricardo (Trainee) were also awesome at the swimming pool bar, always making sure things were great! They were never shy on alcohol! I work for one of the top rated Mercedes Benz dealerships in the USA. When I go anywhere, I always measure service because of my job. After visiting Secrets Wild Orchid, the service that was extended to all of the guests was OUTSTANDING. My husband and I have stayed at several all-inclusive resorts and service oriented resorts like the Montage in Beverly Hills. This resort blew all of them away. The resort was very clean and well maintained. It took a few days to find the good food…..that was my only complaint. Breakfast buffet is typical with an omelet station, pancakes, etc. The barefoot grill (snack bar) was horrible. They serve mystery meat burgers and I have no clue of what the hot dogs were made of, but they were disgusting. The only good thing at lunch was the pasta bar and stay away from Oceana for dinner. Portofino and Bordeaux were good dinner choices. The night entertainment was inconsistent. Some nights were good, other nights were pretty weak. We did not leave the resort. The beach is very small and lots of rocks. The water was clear in the beach area and there were always plenty of lounge chairs. The pools were great, although you have to get out by 9:00 am to get a lounger with an umbrella, otherwise they get taken pretty early. The spa is way overpriced. We used a resort credit that we had when we booked the trip on a massage. It was $175 for a 50 min massage. I think they hike up the prices to compensate so you really aren't getting a discount. Overall it was a very relaxing place to be. It was quiet at night, the room was great and A/C worked great! We will definitely visit again just because of the service and friendliness of the entire staff!!!

Room Tip: Try for a room on the 4th or 5th floor, otherwise the "ocean view room" is more of the pool area.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JENNIFER J
Reviewed 20 July 2014

My first time in Jamaica and it was wonderful everyone was so polite and helpful.
I loved the fact I got to dress up and eat at really nice elegant restaurants and go dance right after at the club. All the entertainment, food , activity was in abudance it was simply a pleasure!!
I really love the staff there was a young man working at the Portofino returant name Raymon he was great and Asly at the paino bar waited on us and took really good care of us!
Our room was located perfectly by beach and pool so it was very stunning views but next time I want a suite! Lol my favorite thing was everything and I will back again soon.... Monet Paradis

Room Tip: Just get a suite more room lol! If it is a all girl trip it's a must !
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

My wife and I stayed here along with some friends from July 7th through the 12th. The staff was exceptional and so was the service. My wife and I have visited Jamaica eight times in the past, normally staying at Sandals, but this resort really gives them a run for their money. Leonard at the pool bar was AWESOME, and Nordia at the concierge desk, Nydia, the masseuse were excellent. I really miss those three among the others.

Kenn

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Kenn B
SWO_STJconcierge, Manager at Secrets Wild Orchid Montego Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2014

Dear Valued Guest:

It is really quite pleasing to read that you enjoyed the exceptional service given by our staff, including Leonard, Nordia and Nydia among other things. I trust that there were also many other features about our resort that you enjoyed and hope that this was the first of many trips here.

Thanks for sharing your feedback with us!

Best Regards,
Christina Smith
eConcierge Assistant

Reviewed 19 July 2014

Beautiful, clean, relaxing resort. Wonderful staff from the concierge down to the grounds crew. Tip, Get a room 3rd floor or up for the view. We got married there and I wouldn't have changed a thing. Virtually stress free. Preferred class was nice. Quiet at night but still very close to the action. Food was excellent, as was the nightly entertainment. Thank you to the wonderful staff! Joseph, Anjay, Dane, Colleen, sunshine, Mark, Kariesha,
and everyone else who made our trip unforgettable. We'll be back!

Chris & Melissa

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank ChrisAndMelissa
Reviewed 19 July 2014

At group of eight of us stayed at Secrets Wild Orchid, Jamaica July 10 thru July 17, 2014. This adults only all inclusive (TOP SHELF LIQUOR TOO) resort has everything one could hope for. Upon arrival we were greeted with a smile and escorted to the Lobby Rendezvous Lounge, offered a drink and sat comfortably as the front desk staff checked us in. The room, 2114 was clean, ultra modern with a luxurious bathroom. Located on the first floor poolside was prefect as we could walk right out our patio and "BAM" jump into the pool. There were many restaurants to satisfy your appetite but the guy riding by mid afternoon with jerk chicken cart was my favorite. Entertainment was provided every night and the club was bumppin until 2a.m. A few of the staff seemed unfriendly but we forced a smile out of them. I want to mention three staff members who without reservation were the best. Leonard aka "Leo" took care of our every need and was happy to do so. He loved chatting with folk and making everyone laugh as he jumped and ran around the pool area cracking jokes. Kadeisha was AWESOME! Her sweet and calming demeanor made you feel like she was there just for you. Before we could even ask for anything, she was serving you. I can't forget about Lorenzo at the World Cafe, He gave us the VIP treatment. One would think after two visits we would be looking for another resort but I really really really like the genuine attentiveness and friendliness they both demonstrated. As the face of the resort, Kadeisha and Leo did Secrets PROUD!

Room Tip: Request for a poolside room if you like action
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends