“Great the second time around....”

Secrets Wild Orchid Montego Bay
Ranked #10 of 62 Hotels in Montego Bay
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
New York
“Great the second time around....”
Reviewed 18 August 2014

Just finished our second trip at secrets. First trip was excellent by myself. Took my daughter for my second visit and it was a blast. My daughter invited another couple. I met kadian from the front desk from my first visit and she gave me one of the best oceanview at the resort. She was fantastic. She is even super on our second stay. We love the food, the people are so amazing. This is one of the best all inclusive resort. LEO is quiet the character very friendly and courteous.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank kiara h

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,355)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
Austin
Reviewed 18 August 2014 via mobile

A bit delay on this review. My husband and I stayed here for our first wedding anniversary in July 2013. The resort was a short ride from the airport. Actually,it was 2 Secrets Resorts in one location, but you can use the amenities for both.
The St James side was more quiet and the Wild Orchid side was livelier with all the pool activities. The beach was beautiful and the sunsets were amazing. We enjoyed the daily snorkeling tour and kayaking. We recommend bringing your own snorkel gear and just snorkel from beach on your own leisure time.The coral reefs are very close. The daily tour will only allow you to go out an hr each time and usually they will cancel the afternoon tour due to the beach being too choppy. So try to go in the morning. The food and drinks were good. Look for the daily jerk chicken cart, fruit, and fresh coconut cart throughout the resort. The jerk chicken were the best we ever had. We ate this for lunch during the entire stay. The bartenders generously filled our fresh coconuts with rum-one of our favorite drinks here. Also, the Coco Cafe is a must if you a a coffee drinker. We made 2 stops here daily for the coffee with rum cream. Yum!
Thank you for a great stay and celebration.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Cecillia75
Fairview Heights, Illinois
Reviewed 17 August 2014

Outstanding, exquisite, great, entertaining, "top notch", are just a few descriptive words that apply to this resort. This was our third year in a row "going home" and we are in the process of scheduling a 4th visit next year. This year we spent our last 3 nights in the Presidential Suite which left us breathless. Every meal we had was great. I am still searching for words to describe the service rendered by the staff, or should I say, our friends. We have never visited a place (including travels during a 22 year military career) where every one on the staff is so pleasant and the service so personal. If you are looking for a real vacation and special treatment, then look no further than Secrets Wild Orchid. The crew at the front desk, Shoronee, Lisa, Dane and Sheeneika (I apologize for any misspellings) were always there to answer our every need. And a special hats off to our butlers Michael and Jevan who never allowed us to be in need for long. Even our past butler Petrona paid us a surprise visit on her day off. I know that we have unintentionally omitted some names so, I will just say that the people on staff are AMAZING. By the way, if you are looking for a person to handle your transportation needs around town then look no further than Norman Ramcharan. After 3 visits there is no getting tired of this place because the people always keep things fresh, new and exciting. We will be back in 2015.

Room Tip: We would always recommend the preferred side which is well worth the few extra dollars. We have sta...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Ted B
Fairview Heights, Illinois
Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

My husband and I just completed our third visit in three years to Secrets Wild Orchids preferred side, and it was wonderful. We always begin our stay in a Junior swim out suite and this time was no different. However, upon our arrival we were told our suite came with a butler. Well, we actually had a team, Michael and Jevan. They were fabulous! Michael made sure we never missed the jerk chicken man during lunch. They surprised us by preparing our suite to inspire romance more than once and simply made sure we wanted for nothing the entire seven days. The rest of the staff was wonderful as well. They actually remembered us from past year's and treated us as if we were very special guest. We were even surprised by seeing the young lady who was our butler the first year we stayed in a master suite. Her name is Petrona and even though she was off, she came by the resort to say hello. Where else does that happen? But as good as they treated us that isn't even the kicker. We upgrade to a master suite for the last two days, but were instead up graded into the Presidential suite by the resort for our last three days!!!! WOW. What a treat! There were many other staff members who stood out in my mind but are too many to name. What is a fact though, Lord willing we will return for our fourth visit next year. So, if you're looking for an adult only resort that is the bomb this is the place. Great service, food, entertainment, properties and most of all we keep going back because of the wonderful people on and off the resort. To all the staff on the Wild Orchids preferred side, Ted and I will see you next year. Thanks again for helping us have a wonderful, relaxing, and romantic vacation.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
5 Thank reader6
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 17 August 2014

We spent a short, 4 night, October 11-15, but enjoyable stay at Secrets Wild Orchid Resort. The buildings are well kept, very clean and have a modern dark flair. The beach and pool are quite nice and clean, although the ocean can contain a bit of ocean vegetation. The jerk chicken is quite tasty and doesn't last long, so when you hear the Jerky-Jerky-Jerky call, don't hesitate.

Go rest, relax and enjoy.

Room Tip: The restaurants are shared with the St. James resort.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank BrianAlexandria
Ontario, Canada
Reviewed 17 August 2014

My husband and I stayed at SWO over the Easter Holiday. We chose the Preferred Club package. For all those saying the PC isn't worth it, I am pretty sure they didn't experience it first hand.
Firstly, we travel to all inclusive resorts about 3 times a year, we have stayed at several resorts all over the Caribbean....this was our first PC package.
This review is for anyone wondering if the PC package is really worth it. For us, we are in our late 40's, we just needed to get away one last time from that ever lasting winter! So for 4 days we thought SWO would be a perfect get away, and it was.
There was about a 30 minute bus ride from the airport....so you aren't on a bus for long at all.
The check in process for the PC is a little lengthy, but the staff just want to inform you of all your options during your stay. We were seated and provided drinks while we filled out info, and were informed where/who/how what at the resort. Make sure you understand the policy of spending the resort dollars provided. You get so much in vouchers to apply to spa services etc...if you choose.
Our room was very comfortable....it faced out to the PC beach and pool area which I loved.
Basically PC members had the rooms closest to the dining areas, bars etc...we also had a lovely private beach with ample chairs, shaded spots and beach service. It was relaxing and quiet on the PC beach, or if you wanted more entertainment all you had to do was wonder down to the non PC area and join in.
We had access to an area on the first floor that provided a fully stocked bar, appetizers , desserts, light lunches and breakfasts. This was a great option for us when we didn't feel like going off to one of the restaurants.
There were no wrist bands, awesome. And no reservations needed in any of the restaurants. I'am mostly vegetarian ( sushi is my guilty pleasure ), and I found eating at any of the buffets and restaurants easy, and plentiful! The buffets were amazing, fresh, clean and very well presented and maintained.
In our room we noted a very well stocked bar, a hanging area for drying clothes on the balcony, and a soaker tub. Of course we used it!...we also had room service, which we used twice for breakfast....amazing! All you had to do was call, and whatever you wanted was provided quickly and w smiles on the faces of all the staff.
The air conditioner in our room was amazingly quiet...lovely touch. Bottled water was every where on the resort...I was so happy about this.
We used the spa services one afternoon, and I was totally blown away w the level of professionalism and premium quality facilities. Absolutely worth every penny spent for the massages, extra product I purchased and complimentary hydra services that came w the massages.
We would come back to SWO in a heartbeat. And we would go Preferred Club all the way! It is worth it....all the perks, the privacy, the peace and quiet....we loved it.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank PipCheedwell
West milford
Reviewed 17 August 2014

My husband and I stayed here in the preferred club from August 10 - 15 for our honeymoon. He had traveled but I have never been out of the states so this was scary for me. That feeling completely went away from the time I got out of our private car in the parking lot of secrets wild orchid. I never knew people could be so friendly and love their jobs!! They made me feel at home right away. Our bell hop man Joseph was so funny and trustworthy with our bags. EVERYONE was so friendly!! RESORT- When we pulled in I was completely wowed. The resort was beautiful!! the beach was gorgeous! The water was Very clean. They had a cool arrangement of different kind of lounge chairs and beds in gazebos. Several Pools one with a swim up bar. SERVICE- Check in wasn't until 3 pm and they made the room available at 12 for us! Then when leaving Shawn, the preferred club manager, was kind enough to give us a late check out without hesitation. ROOM- The room was beautiful with a balcony and soaking tub. Very clean and extremely comfortable king size bed. Great view. We were able to watch the live music right from our balcony. Yah mon! They filled the mini bar every day.
FOOD- there are 9 different places to eat. It is all inclusive so eat and drink anytime you want. A great variety of food and everything was delicious. STAFF/SERVICE- all I can say is absolutely Amazing!! Anything we asked for we got. Friendly and happy people COST- i will say it was well worth the money. ENTERTAINMENT- so much fun. Activities throughout the day. Live music and shows at night. We did not want to stay in the room because there was so much fun stuff going on. There is alot of excursions to go on for reasonable prices that picks you right up there.
They did extra special things because it was our honeymoon and made my first trip away an unforgettable one. We can't wait to go back, so we became members of UVC ( unlimited vacation club). Tafari from UVC was the man who also took care of anything we needed. He did an an absolutely amazing job. So friendly. Thanks Tafari and all the staff at secrets!! We will be back soon!!! Highly recommended!!!!

• Stayed August 2014
4.5 of 5 bubbles 2,052 reviews
Iberostar Rose Hall Suites
Grand Palladium Jamaica Resort & Spa
Grand Palladium Lady Hamilton Resort & Spa

Been to Secrets Wild Orchid Montego Bay? Share your experiences!