“Great All-Inclusive”

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Great All-Inclusive”
Reviewed 1 September 2014

A couple of days ago, we arrived home from a great vacation at Secrets Wild Orchid. The hotel and grounds are absolutely beautiful and the hotel has a level of customer service that you rarely see. We never wanted for anything. Great staff. Everyone was so friendly and just wanted you to enjoy yourself - which we did. :-) Dwight was amongst our favorite staff members. He seemed to be doing 10 million things per day – he was everywhere – smiling the whole time – which made you smile. :-) Great food and drinks. I’m still adjusting to not having my morning smoked marlin & salmon, Jamaican steamed vegetables, and fruit. The curried goat was amazing. And of course the daily jerk chicken truck – enough said. I’m not a water person so no ocean or pool for me but even the rainy days (a little each day) didn’t keep us from the beach. We had planned on spending a day shopping in Montego Bay (we were there 8 days) but never got around to it. We were too busy relaxing at the hotel. Loved it and would return in a heartbeat.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Fergeeson

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,411)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
Reviewed 1 September 2014 via mobile

My wife and I recently stayed at the Secrets Wild Orchid Resort. Upon arrival we learned we would be provided a butler for the duration of our stay! What stood out to us the most was the staff here at the resort. Each and every member goes out of their way to assure you are having the best time possible. Our butlers Garey Blair and Calvin Suckan are the reason we will be returning for another vacation with Secrets. They went above their responsibilities to assure my wife and I had every need met. Gary and Calvin became more like good friends of ours and we will always remember how nice we were treated. Wether it was escorting us to dinner, preparing a rose petal bath, or just saying hi throughout the day both butlers were set on giving us the best honeymoon stay possible. One other thing I noticed was no matter the job position, the staff all made sure to put you first. A resort landscaper, Ian Williams, deserves recognition for his ability to make you feel cared about by every staff member, not only the staff in service positions. Ian Williams is someone who would remember you by name and make sure to say hello everyday and make sure you are having a great time. He made my wife and I a bouquet of tropical flowers in a coconut vase just because he said he wanted us to remember our honeymoon as being special and unforgettable. Even the other guests butlers such as Keen Douglas and Dalton Wallace make sure you are having a great time! It is staff members like Ian, Garey and Calvin that allow my Wife and I to return to Secrets Wild Orchid without and second thoughts. Thank you and see you all soon!!

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 September 2014 via mobile

When my fiancé and I were searching for places to visit for our honeymoon I wanted it to be special. Like no other vacation because you only have ONE honeymoon. I searched on google for top honeymoon resorts and secrets wild orchid was number 4. The more I looked into it the more I loved the appearance of the building and the honeymoon packages that came along with your reservation. A lot of people have a stigma about Jamaica that it's dangerous or not good to visit. We'll this one vacation has completely changed my outlook on how a vacation should actually be. The staff is absolutely amazing! And I'm not just saying this, they actually care about you and want you to have the best visit. When my husband and I arrived we were greeting by the front staff who even let us in our room before check in time. The room was beautiful and the swim out pool was definitely worth waiting a couple weeks after our wedding for. We were then greeted by a man named Calvin Suckan who was going to be our butler (he even gave us a cellphone to contact him and Garey Blair) our other butler. Little did we know how amazing the two of them were at this point. If we had any questions concerns or needs they were their to help make this vacation perfect. I can't thank either of them enough as throughout the 8 day stay we had they became more like family to us! We ended up meeting another couple while we were there and they had their two butlers who were (Keen Douglas & Dalton Wallace) they too became more like family too us! They are such great people who genuinely care about the guests and will do anything to make you smile. I will forever compare any vacation to the staff at this place because you will never find any better. Aside from being so wowed from our butlers, there is the staff members that you don't usually see ( the landscaping crew), we'll you see them here and they make sure you do by greeting you when you walk by! One employee in particular that stood out to me was Ian Williams; he greeted us and asked what our stay at secrets was for. We told him it was our honeymoon and he right away said I am going to do something special for you because I want you to remember your stay here. We didn't think anything of it but the very next day he made sure to find us on the beach and bring us an arrangement of flowers that he made and put inside of a coconut. It was beyond sweet that he did that for us, and for the rest of the stay if he saw us he always came over to say hi and ask us how we were doing. Having a hotel that cares about you and becomes your true home for a week is a place that I would recommend to anyone. We will deff innately be back next year and it is all because of the amazing staff that went out of their way to be more then amazing to us! Thank you Garey, Calvin, Keen, Dalton, and Ian you all made our stay unforgettable! We will miss you dearly until our next visit!

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Alyssa B
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 1 September 2014

My husband and I took 3 weeks vacation in Jamaica--last month. This was my husbands first time in Jamaica and although I am Jamaican I haven't been back in 10yrs and 1st time staying at this resort. For our 3 week stay I booked at 4 of the top luxury all inclusive resort...and Secret Wild Orchid was definitely our favorite. We actually checked out of Iberostar Grand early because the service was so terrible and poor management....so we checked into secret wild and was extremely pleased from the time we got there our Bellman Garfield and Hopeton gave us great service and Malencia went above and beyond in providing exception service for us which really made our day and first impression. The entire resort and service, entertainment and activities were awesome. so we decided after speaking with Concierge Manager who is so exceptional world class service that he provided to us. He made us felt like Royalty so as a result we extended our stay another 4 days. Mr Billy Love showed us so much respect and love this just made our stay over the top and as a result we have referred all our our friends, family, business counterpart and have published raving reviews about this resort on social facebook media. thanks again for giving us 5star service at your immaculate luxury resort. will definitely stay here again...our #1 choice!!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 September 2014

This was an amazing time. Beautiful grounds and rooms. Immaculate, every place in the grounds even the pool bathrooms some one was always there cleaning! The food was good, nice variety, small portions but there is food everywhere to eat. You never go hungry. I cant say enough about the staff...each one is friendly, smiling, and helpful. Fun entertainment too. I will definitely return and definitely recommend!!

• Stayed August 2014
Memphis, Tennessee
Reviewed 1 September 2014

This resort met all my expectations. The staff was extremely friendly and knowledgeable. I recommend the nature tour with Melvin. Most restaurants required no reservations and had little to no wait time. Himitsu was the only restaurant that required reservations. I found the restaurant extremely hot with mediocre food. All the other restaurants were great. I highly recommend the jerk Chicken cart for lunch. Marvin, one of the bar tenders in the wild orchids lobby bar, was great. The gym area was a bit disappointing. Since the two resorts share the same gym, there was a problem with overcrowding. Also, make sure you check on your room accommodations. Since this was a girl's trips, we requested double beds. To our disappointment, they overbooked the rooms and we had to settle for a single for the first night. The beach area was much smaller than expected. Overall this is a great resort and I look forward to going back.

Room Tip: Specify and confirm single or double beds
  • Stayed September 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 31 August 2014

My family and I just returned from Secrets Wild Orchid and it was almost perfect. We stayed here from Aug.21-26th. I wish I could give this resort 5 stars but sadly, i can only give it 4 as a result of the peacocks that roam the property.

I read tons of trip advisor reviews before I (or my family) book a trip. And it amazes me, that no one mentioned the annoying peacocks at this hotel!! During my first morning, I was awaken by the sound of what I thought was an alarm going off on my floor. It was a loud noise and it sounded like something was vibrating. I called the front desk around 7 a.m. to let them know an alarm was going off and a man by the name if Dwight chuckled and said "oh no, thats not an alarm. Those are the peacocks." I said Peacocks?!? who knew that they had voice boxes. I told him that I was on vacation and I honestly didn't want to hear that annoying noise for the next 5 days and if there was any way they could put them away. He said they don't put them in cages and they are free to roam the prroperty and they are "just like roosters in the morning". I told him I was from NY and I honestly didn't want to hear that noise. Out of the 5 nights I heard the peacocks between 7 and 8 a.m. 4/5 mornings. And I wasnt very happy. Not to mention on the last day, one of them woke me up around 7 a.m. because It was 10 feet away from my door on the 3rd floor! beware!! they also fly! Bring EAR PLUGS!

Now on to the good.......
check in-we were greeted by Dameon the bell hop and he was super nice to us!! every day he greeted us with his warm smile and he was very polite. We checked in at the desk with Nakeita and she was extremely helpful throughout our stay.

-the resort has great activites like yoga, aquacise, jewelry making (Taneka was funny!),basket weaving (Trevor and his cousin were really nice and they also sold their creations on the property) and a great cooking class with Roach! They also have movie night. Movie night was great but I think they needed to have a bar or snacks available.

the food- there is only one option for breakfast and that's Blue Mountain and it's buffet style. The Wild Orchid is also on the same property as the St. James, so every guest comes to this restaurant for breakfast. We only waited for a table 2 out of the 5 days and when we did wait it was only around 5-10 minutes. They had traditional American food as well as Jamaican specialties like Bammy and ackee and salt fish. They also had a good dinner selection.
-The Barefoot grille was one of my favorite places to get a snack/lunch. The have chips, nachos, burgers, beef patties and vegetable fritters that are great. Marsha, Nicholas, and Christina were amazing and super nice!! They were my favorite staff members at the resort!!
-The Jerk chicken cart is a must!! DO NOT MISS THE CHICKEN!! The jerk chicken is AMAZING!! you can usually smell the chicken before you see the truck. Lothan and Calvin were super nice and they were out there everyday!
-Seaside grill -I had dinner and lunch here and the food was good. They also had a great salad buffet.
-The swim up bar on the Wild Orchid side was great!! Leo and his crazy hat, Derwayne, Hashani, Alvin and Denhomme were all great!! And if the drinks aren't strong enough for you, just tell them to add more alcohol for you lol.
The service at the restaurants are a little slow and sometimes the servers take awhile to come to your table. I also ordered room service and it took awhile to come, but the food was really good.

-The beach is great! the water is super clear and warm. and Leo and Nadine will make sure you have enough to drink.
-The resort is really safe. I went out one night to Magaritaville and the cab could not come on the property of the hotel. In order for you to get back on the grounds, you have to show a room key and give them your name.
-The exercise room is on the St. James side, but if you run from Wild Orchid its a nice little warm up before your workout.
-Wifi in the hotel is spotty. You can get good service in the restaurants and on the balcony of your room but NOT inside of your room.
-the rooms are set up in an awkward way. The bathroom/bedroom is separated by a curtain.

All in all i enjoyed my stay and so did my family. This hotel is really geared toward couples and people on their honeymoon. Not too much of a singles crowd here.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Sunscape Splash Montego Bay
#19 of 63 in Montego Bay
Grand Palladium Jamaica Resort & Spa
Breathless Montego Bay Resort & Spa

Been to Secrets Wild Orchid Montego Bay? Share your experiences!