“Amazing for children or adults”

Half Moon Equestrian Center
More attraction details
Owner description: Welcome to the best quality horseback riding experience in Montego Bay. We are located at the luxurious Half Moon Resort. You can enjoy a variety of equestrian activities: riding, jumping, polo lessons and the thrilling beach ride.At the Stables you will find loved and well trained horses. Our Guides and Instructors are friendly and experienced. There are activities for young chilren and adults alike, including our Pony Park where children can interact with different animals and have pony rides.
Virginia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 35 helpful votes
“Amazing for children or adults”
Reviewed 18 November 2013

Amazing what a child gets for $20- long ride, taught about grooming, braid horse tail or watch, photos, plus other animals are there!

Visited November 2013
1 Thank VirginiaChicken

Chicago, Illinois
“Amazing experience”
Reviewed 6 November 2013

From the moment we arrived at Half Moon, we knew we were in paradise. I had ridden the horses there many times, and this time they certainly did not disappoint us. From ridding the horses in the water to fresh coconut our guide had climbed up and pulled down for us to drink and experience, it was A+ all the way.

Visited October 2013
Lisa Purcell
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“You've GOT try the swim with the horses!”
Reviewed 22 October 2013

During my stay at Half Moon I knew I just had to go on the beach ride where you get to swim with the horses. It's such an amazing experience...after a ride to thebeach in the saddle, you then ride your horse bareback into the water which is pretty cool in itself until...they start swimming and you just lie down on them and hold on their mane, amazing, and then you cna even slide down their back and then just hold their tail whilst they keep swimming - such as amazing feeling!
What I also loved about this experience is the quality of the stables, horses and staff that work there...a first class facility even in little montego bay! Trina who runs the equestrian centre is friendly, helpful and and you can really see why this place is so well managed.
I would recommend this to both a completely non-rider and even experienced riders!
Thank you Trina and Mark (my guide)!

Visited October 2013
1 Thank Scarlettcma
New York City, New York
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 54 helpful votes
“Excellent Experience”
Reviewed 30 September 2013

After reading many reviews on TripAdvisor, I decided to book the beach ride at Half Moon. I must say that Trina made scheduling an appointment very easy. I arrived to see many horses on the grounds. All horses looking very healthy and strong. My guide was Dwayne. I recommend asking for Dwayne as he made my experience perfect. We started off by riding about three laps around the horse stable. We then made our way down a stretch of roadway (within the half moon compound) and down to the beach. We viewed the dolphins within the resort and then made our way beach front. Once on the beach, we dismounted the horses and got into our swimming gear. Dwayne took the saddles off and gave instructions on how to manage the horse while in the water. We then made our way into the ocean and as we were riding in, we saw a family of stingray just swimming in the ocean. Once the horse starts swimming they start to breathe differently and you can really tell they are enjoying themselves. I recommend this excursion to any and everyone interested in trying something different. I also would like to add that Jermaine made sure my wife and daughter enjoyed themselves while I went out on the ride. My daughter enjoyed a pony ride, the petting zoo and ultimately had a great time. The staff is great!

Visited September 2013
5 Thank RAIII
Princeton, New Jersey
“Very kid friendly.”
Reviewed 27 September 2013

The kids program is great. My daughter enjoyed both riding the pony and the petting zoo. The trainer/guide was excellent.

Visited April 2013