“This facility is on location at Half Moon Resort, Montego Bay and offers all equestrian services”

Half Moon Equestrian Center
More attraction details
Owner description: Welcome to the best quality horseback riding experience in Montego Bay. We are located at the luxurious Half Moon Resort. You can enjoy a variety of equestrian activities: riding, jumping, polo lessons and the thrilling beach ride.At the Stables you will find loved and well trained horses. Our Guides and Instructors are friendly and experienced. There are activities for young chilren and adults alike, including our Pony Park where children can interact with different animals and have pony rides.
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Just Incredible - horse-back riding along the long 4 mile Half Moon Bay Beach
The horses are magnificent, the staff so knowledgeable and kind, the facility and surrounding lush tropical landscaping is equine and visitor shangri-la

3  Thank Mountainview2guest
in 18 reviews
"mane"
in 6 reviews

Reviewed 17 May 2014

I LOVED this excursion! I ride regularly at home, but my partner doesn't, this wasn't an issue on the ride. We went out as a group, but split off with our own guide (team Dwayne!) who was very attentive and knowledgeable about the area and the horses. The ride to the beach was short (20mins), then when we got there we changed into swimwear, and Dwayne told us what to do when in the water. You ride bareback into the sea, when the water is deep enough, the horses will swim, its a great experience! You ride partly laying down on the horses back, then slide down the back and hold onto the tail whilst they drag you along! Be careful of any bowel openings, my boyfriend experienced this! A great trip for all levels of rider.

6  Thank cushy_1234
Reviewed 12 May 2014

Our 2 boys had pony rides almost every day and I had a personal lesson. They are equipped both with horses and staff to handle the novice to the experienced, the young to the old, and the casual/tourist to the serious. We can't say enough about Trina and her team.

Reviewed 23 April 2014

Loved going along the beach on horseback. It is like a commercial with the clear ocean water cascading up to the horses hoofs

1  Thank John M
See more reviews
Reviewed 11 April 2014

I love riding and do so pretty regularly, so when I found out there was a place I could swim in the ocean with a horse I had to try it out - and I was not disappointed. If you are a decent swimmer and / or have some riding experience I would definitely recommend this activity. I thought Trina was very nice and the horses and tack were very well taken care of. My horse for the ride, Jonas, was a beautiful grey Thoroughbred with an adorably cranky attitude (I am pretty sure he is the horse named "Judas" that the reviewer below references). He was totally safe, but obviously used to hauling unseasoned tourists around and he was shocked and appalled that I was not going to let him do things his way! He was, however, a total gentleman once we got in the water. We went pretty far out and he just chugged along and let me hang all over him. I am a good swimmer and fairly spry and didn't have any trouble getting on / off and riding him through the waves - but fair warning the horses do get slippery when wet!

2  Thank iwilladviseyou