“Riding Horseback in the Ocean”

Half Moon Equestrian Center
More attraction details
Owner description: Welcome to the best quality horseback riding experience in Montego Bay. We are located at the luxurious Half Moon Resort. You can enjoy a variety of equestrian activities: riding, jumping, polo lessons and the thrilling beach ride.At the Stables you will find loved and well trained horses. Our Guides and Instructors are friendly and experienced. There are activities for young chilren and adults alike, including our Pony Park where children can interact with different animals and have pony rides.
Reviewed 1 August 2014

Loved the excitement and adventure of riding a horse on the beach and in the ocean. First timer. The tour guide named GlenRick, was excellent and stayed with me during my nervous moments of grabbing the horse's tail. Awesome experience!

Carole Willis, Atlanta, GA USA

1  Thank CaroleWAtlanta_GA

Reviewed 30 July 2014

This particular experience is definitely one you need to try if you haven't already done so. This facility is well run and organized and offers really fun options for any one of your horseback riding needs. Our guide, Dwayne, was awesome! He really made us feel comfortable, brought us up to speed, and made us feel safe and taken care of throughout the whole time. I also want to thank Trina for the wonderful experience as well! She does an excellent job!

1  Thank Larry L
Reviewed 25 July 2014 via mobile

I took a lesson on Cassanova from Trina. I have ridden all my life and have had great trainers, but Trina is a special individual. She is a smart and skilled horsewoman and it shows in her teaching. It felt fantastic to be back in the saddle and even better that I got to jump!! Horses are such wonderful animals and to be able to enjoy that while on vacation made it all the more special. Sheldon is Trina's right hand man and took great care of me and Cassanova as well. Highly recommend visiting the stables while in Jamaica!

Reviewed 25 July 2014

I booked in for the beach ride after reading the Tripadvisor reviews before arriving in Jamaica. The stables were lovely and the horses looked well looked after. I am an experienced rider so was able to walk down to the beach (beginners had a lead). At the beach the saddles were taken off we headed out to sea; it was an amazing experience when the horses started to swim! If you love horses this is a must do!

1  Thank Becci I
Reviewed 21 July 2014

excellent and fun. Little experience riding but I was shown expertly and had a lot of fun. Beautiful scenery as well.

2  Thank sylviadavidson