“Vacationing in Jamaica for nine days in a private...”
other travellers have booked this property
View from the street Cheryl - Property Manager
Master Bedroom
Spare Bedroom
Washroom
Backyard
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Joanie T
Chesapeake Beach, Maryland
“Vacationing in Jamaica for nine days in a private home.”
Reviewed 11 October 2012 for a stay in September 2012
person found this review helpful

After twenty plus years, we returned to Jamaica with some apprehension. You see, the two times before, we stayed at a resort. For this vacation, we wanted to get some well needed rest. So, we chose to stay in a rental home. Due to the fact that the Jamaicans drive on the “wrong side” of the road (big smile), renting a vehicle was out of the question. Julia, the property owner, assured us that the property manager, Cheryl, would be able to help us with securing whatever we needed for our vacation. We were instructed to call her upon our arrival. So, after gathering our baggage, it was time to put Cheryl to the test.

We called her to get the name of the recommended taxi driver. As she answered her phone, to our surprise, she was heading to the airport with Sonny, a cab driver. Sonny took us everywhere we needed to go for the nine days we were there. We felt that his fares were quite reasonable. On his day off, Sunday, he took us to and from church in the a.m. and again in the p.m. We highly recommend Sonny if you are ever in Jamaica and need to get around. When asked how he was doing, he would always respond “not bad at all”.

Cheryl shared the best kept shopping and dining secrets with us. Additionally, while out and about, we picked up brochures from the hotel lobbies that we used to plan our tours and attractions. When we arrived at the home (pleasant neighbor), the air conditioning in the living room area was not working. The air conditioners in the bedrooms were blowing cool air--so we huddled in the bedrooms our first evening in Jamaica. In the a.m. of the next morning, Cheryl had a repairman at the house to fix the air. Cheryl was so…..user friendly and helpful.

Overall it was a good experience. However, we would recommend taking the time to put together a draft itinerary--before leaving the states. We have had both the private home and very nice resort lodging experiences. Although the private home experience had its inconveniences, for this vacation it was what we needed.

Vacationeers from Chesapeake Beach, Maryland

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Lodging in a peaceful and quiet part of the country.
Liked least: The air conditioning in the main part of the home was not working upon our arrival.
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Charlotte
Reviewed 3 August 2012 for a stay in July 2012

Older travelers
Atlanta
Reviewed 7 July 2012 for a stay in June 2012

Recommended for:
A romantic getaway People with disabilities
Rugged travelers
Gap PA
Reviewed 20 January 2012 for a stay in May 2011

A romantic getaway
CA
Reviewed 8 January 2012 for a stay in December 2011

Mytimeawa...
Barrie, Canada
“Great little place for a great little price”
Reviewed 10 March 2011 for a stay in November 2010
person found this review helpful

Found this rental on FlipKey & took my chances, as it was my first time staying in Montego Bay and not on a resort... And it was worth it!! I was picked up at the airport by the propertys assistant, was able to rent a cellphone for $50 Deposit (returned when phone returned) from her and given phone numbers for local taxis if needed. The house is equipped with tv, cable, laundry & if you want to cook you can, not that I did (lol). I've been to resorts before and they can get really loud & busy, I really enjoyed the quietness of the area during the day and night. I could spend the day in the backyard enjoying the sun or venture in town to the beaches (for a small price) or sit on the patio in the evening. I also spent a few evenings on the Hip Strip and felt very comfortable coming back at night to the neighbourhood. Met some wonderful people and I plan on returning again this summer.

Travelling group: Solo Traveller
Your age range 35-49
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Young singles Friends getaway
Older travelers Tourists
kaya_704
South Bend, Indiana
“Beware of this property”
Reviewed 26 October 2010 for a stay in July 2010
people found this review helpful

Was robbed the second night of my stay at this property. They gained entry by cutting thru a gate behind the house and along side of the house pushing in a iron window gate. The bedroom window that was entered can be seen in one of the pictures. Laptops,cell phone, and money was taken. I am happy I was out because I feel the area was being watched from time of arrival. The police took hours to come and file report and when property owner was contacted she was rude and insulting altho property manager in ja was somewhat helpful. Had to leave unsafe area and miss planned activities of trip and change vacation plans. This house had gates and bars everywhere and still people were comfortable in breaking into. At least if you have home owners insurance if may cover some loss with a deductible. The owner has no coverage for renters. Crime is every where but I would caution travelers to stay away from this area and rental property. I have traveled to Ja for years and I thought I had properly investigated this property and had been assured that it was safe. The owners response to this incident was poor altho I did get back my money for the stay it is so not worth jeopardizing personal well-being/personal property. I am still receiving calls from the us cell phone they stole from me after I got new phone when I got back They had made over 700.0 worth of calls on it before I could get it locked off hard to contact anyone or change plans when your laptop is stolen as well. I hope this was helpful for any future renters to avoid a potential serious situation.

Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Your age range 35-49
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Recommended for:
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing