“Ransford Palmer is the best tour operator in a Jamaica .”

Uton's Private Tours
Ranked #10 of 117 Tours in Montego Bay
More attraction details
Owner description: Welcome to UtonTours personal and private tour also air port transfers and taxi service.Our objective is to give each visitor an unforgettable service and total satisfaction. As your tour guides and drivers we will share how were knowledge of Jamaica's history with you, we always have surprises for you on your tour or transfer. Relax and enjoying yourself with us.we strive to make your tour the best.
Reviewed 12 March 2014

I've been using Uton tours now over four years. The friendly staff is just the beginning. From picking you up at the airport to giving you an honest price, Uton is the best. If you want to see the real Jamaica, then call Palmer at Uton tours.

All reviews
"mr palmer"
in 6 reviews
"birthday bash"
"mega mart"
"body guard"
in 3 reviews
"dunn's river falls in ocho rios"
"cold drinks"
in 7 reviews
"no hassle"
"local culture"

Reviewed 9 March 2014

It was great doing business with Palmer at Uton tours. Our tour guide, Dwight Harvey, picked us up promptly on our cruise stop. He gave us an excellent tour experience that exceeded our expectations. We were hesitant to even leave the ship in Montego Bay, but after reading the reviews on Trip Advisor, decided to go with Uton. Palmer was very easy to deal with, and Dwight had a great personality and was very knowledgeable. I highly recommend Uton Private Tours.

1  Thank Sandy C
Reviewed 9 March 2014

I booked Uton Tours upon reading the wonderful reviews on Trip Advisor - we were not disappointed - first off he is a genuinely nice caring person. Our first day trip was from Montego Bay to Negril. Very informative on all of Jamaica, truly cared about us and our safety - first walking us into Margaritaville, and making sure we were comfortable, later that day to Rick's Cafe - again walking us in and telling us the do's and don'ts. My son asked him to take us for some local food - again he did not disappoint us - took us to Jerkys for Jamaica bbq. We had such a great time we booked him 2 days later for a tour to Rose hall - great second trip - and we took him to lunch at Dragon Seafood - near the airport - another local place he recommended.

Truly a lovely person and very informative of all of Jamaica, its culture and traditions, We will book again with him,

1  Thank Dawn M
Reviewed 3 March 2014

We used UTON for transportation from MBJ to our hotel at Sunset resort back in February 2012. I never submitted a review and feel bad that I didn't. Our light arrived late, but once we got outside, Palmer was there awaiting for us. When we were in the van, our baggage was loaded and he gave every member in our travel party a warm beef patty (soooo good after a long flight). He also gave each adult a Red Stripe and the kids had a soda. The ride to the resort was smooth and enjoyable. We will definitely look him up when we are back in JA!

See more reviews
Reviewed 17 February 2014

My husband and I, along with another couple, were in Jamaica last week on a cruise stop. I contacted Palmer prior to our trip to book his services for the day. I sent him a list of the types of activities we enjoy and he emailed me back a recommended itinerary for the day. I found Palmer to be very responsive to all of my emailed questions and he did a nice job of planning things to suit our interests.

Palmer was ready and waiting for us when we disembarked the ship. We boarded his van and headed off to Braco Adventure tours for a kayaking excursion on Rio Bueno. Palmer dropped us off with our guides then picked us back up at the end of our trip down the river. On the way back into Monetago Bay we stopped at Scotchies for lunch. I had told Palmer that we would like to try some authentic jerk while in Jamaica and Scotchies fit the bill. He gave us suggestions for what to order and everything was delicious. After lunch Palmer dropped us off at Doctors Cave beach to do some snorkeling. We stayed for about an hour then went on to do some shopping.

The shopping was the only downside of the day. I had specifically mentioned in my emails that we weren't interested in souvenir shops along the hip strip and that's where we ended up going to shop. I prefer shops owned by local craftsmen and artists as opposed to t-shirt and shot glass places so I was a little disappointed in where we went to shop. I did end up buying some coffee and jerk sauces as the owner gave us good prices so it ended up being alright. I just would have liked to see some more original shopping options.

Palmer returned us safely to the port with plenty of time to spare. He was incredibly attentive throughout the day and I really appreciated the options he gave us for how to spend our time in Jamaica. All through the day he provided us with a wealth of information on the local areas that really enhanced our experience.