“Art..Thank goodness something different! ”
Review of Crafts Market

and up
Kingston Highlights Tour from Montego Bay
Ranked #26 of 74 things to do in Montego Bay
Reviewed 23 November 2013 via mobile

It's easy to get distracted by every vendor who wants you to come "take a look" I found that a lot of the vendors had a lot of the same items with little variation. It was great seeing something different in shop 162/163. This shop had wood carvings, ceramics, drawings and metal pieces. I had the pleasure of meeting Errol Lewis the artist and proprietor whose certificate states that he is trained at the Edna Manley School of Arts. My sister fell in love with his turtle pieces which were well made and finished beautifully. Now, his art isn't cheap, but we'll worth the look and visit. There is also enough variation to fit varied price points.

1  Thank JAtoPA

Reviewed 9 November 2013 via mobile

I like the market, they have a lot of hand crafted things and rare it's you may not find anywhere else. I found Jamaican chalices that the Rastas use to smoke there. The shop owners are persistent to get you to look in their shops, and sometimes they can be obnoxious and annoying. However, just understand that being aggressive is how they earn their living and dont shy away from visiting, per other reviews. You can also bargain them down to reasonable prices

1  Thank Heavenboo1
Reviewed 30 September 2013

Really pushy hassling stall owners pestering constantly to purchase goods. If you are after a hassle strewn experience then this could be for you. If you prefer a quiet stroll browsing around a market, forget it here!!!

1  Thank Fen61
Reviewed 16 September 2013

Several different shops with VERY pushy shop owners who all have the same poor quality merchandise. I can handle the aggressiveness, it is the sudden rudeness if you say, "no thanks" that I didn't like. For high quality, no hassle shopping, keep walking to Tropical Treasures up the street. Sam is a great guy. We returned to his shop every day of our trip!

1  Thank Lisa L
Reviewed 8 September 2013

We wanted to experience the hand made goods of the locals. This was interesting and fun. I got some beautiful wraps and jeweIry I didn't find elsewhere.

1  Thank AngelaDawn F